It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Worlds End

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I pray if it comes to something like that, those of us who follow Jesus Christ will be no less courageous and committed!

Corrie Ten Boom told a good story that ought to give us comfort in that direction...

Corrie ten Boom, author of The Hiding Place, tells the story of a conversation she had with her father when she was a child. She confided in her father that she was afraid of death and was quite sure she did not have the strength to be a martyr. Corrie’s father reminded her of the train ride to Amsterdam. “"When you take a train trip to Amsterdam, when do I give you the money for the ticket? Three weeks before?" "No, Daddy, you give me the money for the ticket just before we get on the train." "That is right," her father said, "and so it is with God's strength. Our Father in Heaven knows when you will need the strength . . . He will supply all you need just in time."

Anyway,...nice to see you, too, Randy!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by randyvs

So then you do believe that only Christians can be charitable, and that the actions of their charity is proof that their religion is true.

Okay......

If you are inquiring about the topic ? That would be something along the lines of Christian persecution that is beginning to take hold Globally. And as I said in the OP, is the beginning of what was prophesied. And for you to simply remember this thread that told you of the prophecy ? And if you don't remember why, it was so you could realize the truth and possibly save your lil booty. But if you insist that you know it all and feel all warm and fuzzy with what's going on these days. Just want to bash someone for their beliefs ? We can accommodate that too.

Know what I mean ?
edit on 11-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by On the Edge

Seems like every time you show up, which is to far and in between, you always make a serious impact. Just a single example of a man knowing the love of Christ. I'd say singing while burning to death constitutes nothing short of a miracle. Even Buddhist monks can only remain silent which most likely gets a little easier after they inhale the flames.

It's harder to sit perfectly still, without flinching or screaming, than it is to mask your pain with song.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by randyvs

So then you do believe that only Christians can be charitable, and that the actions of their charity is proof that their religion is true.

Okay......

If you are inquiring about the topic ? That would be something along the lines of Christian persecution that is beginning to take hold Globally. And as I said in the OP, is the beginning of what was prophesied. And for you to simply remember this thread that told you of the prophecy ? And if you don't remember why, it was so you could realize the truth and possibly save your lil booty. But if you insist that you know it all and feel all warm and fuzzy with what's going on these days. Just want to bash someone for their beliefs ? We can accommodate that too.

Know what I mean ?

From your OP:

There are literally hundreds of Christian volunteers ready to pitch in and see that everyone left homeless by Sandy receives a plate of food on Thanks Giving Day. So once again we see the Christian network is in full swing bringing the compassion of our Lord Jesus Christ to those less fortunate. Barely mentioning where you can donate to help them, help those, who need our help. Yes, those pesky, overbearing, arrogant, zealous Christian hypocrites are at it again.

While Atheists point fingers in judgement at them, proclaiming them to be murderers and warmongers. Or misguided zombies who worship a non existent, narcissistic, homicidal, jealous, evil, invisible ole man, who likes spaghetti.

Who's bashing who here?

You seem to be implying that only Christians are doing kind and charitable acts while the rest of world is persecuting them for it. In the meantime, the charitable contribution of atheists are considered hubris and laced with arrogant pride.

Bill Gates has made over 100 billion dollars in his lifetime, and has already spent 48 billion and plans on spending around 68 billion to help cure polio, provide clean drinking water for people in Africa, provide food for the hungry, and also to provide bed-nets to help reduce the spread of Insect-borne illnesses. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has donated more money to philanthropic causes during its rein than the catholic church (3 billion dollars vs. 48 billion dollars).

He also claims that he doesn't believe in the sermon on the mount, or any of the specific elements of any religion, saying that the moral teachings are important but the details are not true. He also claims that the human soul doesn't have anything divine about it, and he prefers to base explanations for existence off of evidence. answers.yahoo.com...

Biblical prophecies come true everyday, and have everyday since they were first uttered. They are rhetorical and repetitive, for the most part, and each been fulfilled over and over again, in one esoteric way or another. People of all creeds and nations are being persecuted, not just Christians. I would dare to say the the US has killed more Muslims in the middle east than all the Christians killed in the current day struggles world wide.

And by implying that Christian die better than Tibetan monks, while burning to death, because they sang, is just really poor taste.

It looks to me like you're just using an example of Christian charity as an excuse to condemn non-believers.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

While Mayor Koch secures the running of a marathon.

What decade are you in?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Nothing in the vid can choose to be altruistic. All on about instinct that in itself is just something God put there for the survival of a species. Dogs are loyal and love their owners as members of a pack. And even bugs follow their God given instincts.

Still the same sinking boat load of BS.

I am completely dumbfounded right now. Primatologists have shown that our closest relatives do in fact show altruistic behavior and it has nothing to do with "God's divine hand". Kin selection is a likely source for altruism.

You on the other hand, are hiding behind the word of opinion, while actual primatologists are conducting fieldwork and formulating explanations to understand the network of complex behaviors and social patterns among primates.

I suggest you read this study on altruistic behavior: Spontaneous Altruism by Chimpanzees and Young Children

^ Have anything to refute this study, other than a few regurgitated Bible quotes?

And by the way, why do you have King Tutankhamun as your avatar? Just curious.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

ummmm pretty sure your supposed to be grateful for the persecution you take in the name of the father... thats the way i read it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Star & Flag!

in total agreement of the pointing fingers, personally, the lies are being 'seeded' by none other the Lucifer himself and his colleges..

...and from the video, it's always been my belief that having this mindset of knowing the church at large WILL go out the same way in came in..........blood,sweat, tears & Divine Grace. We will not escape the tribulation(s)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I find it amusing how one-sided you are in your assertions. I don't see you calling out the persecution of other groups/religions in the present day. What you call Prophecy I call Fallacy. There may be a great supernatural evil at work here; on this planet. I find it hard to believe that this power would focus solely on Christianity to the exclusion of all else. You said it yourself. They want domination over every human on the planet. There are far more non-Christians on this planet than Christians.

It is working beautifully as well. They need not even worry anymore. I would have to say that your argument is a great example of this. It is all the pagans, heathens and heretics trying to destroy your values and way of life! Not so. I do agree with one of your statements. They have been doing this for thousands of years. What I don't think you grasp is that your religion is merely one of many tools that your elite class of men use to create discord between factions of men. Think about it. If "they" can manipulate people to combat you and your beliefs it is easily plausible that "they" are instigating Christians as well to combat the beliefs of others.

By the way, I admire the work CHF is doing to help sandy victims. However. Making sure the homeless have a plate of food on Thanksgiving day is a far cry from combating evil. It is merely charity; a form of goodwill that Christianity does not hold the patent on. It is this splintering of groups of humans into factions that is allowing your elite class of men to win the world. We are all part of the problem while humanity as a whole clings to this tribal way of thought.

Good day.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

"Man is becoming god" - Adolph Hitler

The crowd today, stirred up by their teachers and leaders, believe their messages and cannot fathom that they have succumbed to the ideology of Hitler. So convinced are they by Satan's words that the Creator withholds the Truth and that through knowledge they can open their eye and become like god - and not die - that they are prepared to kill for it.

I have not seen such a fine example of a disingenuous statement in a long while. Comparing new religious movements to succumbing to Hitlers ideology is as hateful as Hitler himself. It is sad that certain folk seem so afraid of change that they will do anything, say anything to ensure it does not happen. Very much like your Jewish Priests. You should turn that judgmental mirror on yourself. You do not seem to be following the teachings of the Jesus you so ardently long for. He would be ashamed.

Christianity has been perverted. Much like most religious systems on this planet. The self-proclaimed righteous are so blinded by their radiance that they cannot see the darkness they truly worship.

It is no wonder why the world is in such a sad state of affairs. No unity. No Trust. Religiously xenophobic.

Ah....what do I know? I am pagan heretic after all.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by WhoKnows100

"Man is becoming god" - Adolph Hitler

The crowd today, stirred up by their teachers and leaders, believe their messages and cannot fathom that they have succumbed to the ideology of Hitler. So convinced are they by Satan's words that the Creator withholds the Truth and that through knowledge they can open their eye and become like god - and not die - that they are prepared to kill for it.

I have not seen such a fine example of a disingenuous statement in a long while. Comparing new religious movements to succumbing to Hitlers ideology is as hateful as Hitler himself. It is sad that certain folk seem so afraid of change that they will do anything, say anything to ensure it does not happen. Very much like your Jewish Priests. You should turn that judgmental mirror on yourself. You do not seem to be following the teachings of the Jesus you so ardently long for. He would be ashamed.

Christianity has been perverted. Much like most religious systems on this planet. The self-proclaimed righteous are so blinded by their radiance that they cannot see the darkness they truly worship.

It is no wonder why the world is in such a sad state of affairs. No unity. No Trust. Religiously xenophobic.

Ah....what do I know? I am pagan heretic after all.

Just wanting to point out that what you describe is accounted for in scripture, as well. Scripture tells us that in the final days the churches, themselves, will be invaded and perpetuated by the what is evil, a tool of that. It is all part of that plan, as described by scripture. I enumerate and name that so precisely so as there will be no misunderstanding. It is not of my telling, but readily available to everyone, and sorry, I'm not up to sourcing the King James right now, but anyone with any biblical knowledge will know this is so, in the last days, whatever that means....
And having said that, I am personally open to the idea that the script, itself, was put here, to obuscate and confuse.....Just talking to the pagan side of you.....but meaning it all the same.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
As to your OP, Randy, not that you asked my opinion, but now that I have broke my silence, which I have been holding onto so tightly.......
I am intrigued. I have to say I wondered about you the other day as there was a reported shooting in Apple Valley, a "disgruntled employee" situation. But, ah, well, reinforcing the statistical anomylous stereotypes everyday, aren't we??
Now that that is out of the way, I wonder about your linking the recent storm with your religious belief system....
and what you are about here. The Gwen towers and maroon bowsprit are doing fine without the hegemony on the internet.... Who is that witch in the broom factory laughing at, anyway?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
At Worlds End, The Planet Will Explode, and with it shall take all the religions of every faith and everyone else and the only memory will be the debris field.

For i have been shown, just as the ladies of Fatima. The Earth shall Rise then we will be no more

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

reply to post by On the Edge

Seems like every time you show up, which is to far and in between, you always make a serious impact. Just a single example of a man knowing the love of Christ. I'd say singing while burning to death constitutes nothing short of a miracle. Even Buddhist monks can only remain silent which most likely gets a little easier after they inhale the flames.

It's harder to sit perfectly still, without flinching or screaming, than it is to mask your pain with song.

I wasn't gonna....but since I broke my silence...

Ummm, your reply strikes me as these who are tortured are better than those who are tortured, for their response was.....

Dear God.....that's all I have to say to that.

It's all open to who is better, huh? Is that where we are bookmarked now?

Don't get me wrong: We may well be in that hell and this is what has been suffered as a result, but this post illustrates a competitive factor which is part and parcel of why we arrived here?? It isn't all a beauty/popularity contest. In fact, if we are in hell, it might just behoove us to not go along with the introduction of the competitive factor, and resist lowering us to the most common denominator: I suffered, but look, I suffered better than you....
edit on 11-11-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

No need to bust out the KJV. I am aware, if only slightly, of what you say. It is a shame that religions supposed intended purpose is being apparently subverted. As to me being a heretical pagan; I was merely waxing sarcastic with that statement. Although, I suppose I would be a pagan in the eyes of a Christian. Still, such labels exist for one purpose: to keep humanity divided and in conflict. Most Theistic religions have some form of what could be called Judgment Day. I don't see that as coincidence. I see that as orchestrated.

I appreciate your words and open mind.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Although, I suppose I would be a pagan in the eyes of a Christian. Still, such labels exist for one purpose: to keep humanity divided and in conflict.
reply to post by My_Reality

Absolutely. thanks to you, as well. may you apply that same logic to what you see in the future and the past, as it is much needed.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I completely understand why you created this thread Randyvs. The reason I started posting on ATS was because of the hate that is spewed disguised as enlightened discourse toward Christians. People can not see the paradigm they are creating and living in.

Here are a couple of links in regards to charity for people to consider. This isn't to say any one group is better than the other. Kind of funny people want proof of God but probably wouldn't recognize it when they see it.

Forbes - Largest most efficient charities

Huffington Post - Religious states give more

Poor the Most Charitable Group

If you read the articles you understand what religious views they follow.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I think the problem muslims have is "christian" elites tricking their leaders into putting us military bases on their lands. Running them off to plant jews right in their holy lands. Decieving them out of their profits for oil. Claiming that rival tribes are in league with hated religious zealots.

Yes I see it clearly now. Saddam invading kuwait cause we told him he could so that we could find an excuse to invade iraq the first time.

throwing babies in the air and catching them with pitch forks? Yeah uh huh....

Do I need to go on?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't know what words to use, but I have to say something. That was a powerfully moving statement of truth, hope and courage. I didn't think I'd see anything like it on ATS. You have shown us the way to die, and we have met our executioners, or perhaps, just their cousins.

You've added a seriousness and reality to life with just a few words. I wish I could say more. I hope you can read my heart.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

I hear what you're saying Randy. (I hope!)

If one thinks about it, who is going to have more respect for others,...one who believes we are creatures designed by a heavenly Father, or someone who believes we evolved from slime by mere chance?

What a ridiculous statement.....

Respect for others does not come from divine inclination and blind obtuse belief in myths....

Respect for others comes from upbringing, values, and social responsibility... all of which are not exclusive to religion...

PA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join