It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikita Banned in Canada??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hi everyone! I'm just here to state my disappointment concerning the Canadian governments decision to ban my favorite TV show, Nikita. Now I might be jumping the gun here by out-right blaming my government, but I'm pretty sure they're behind it. CTV2 aired the first two episodes of Nikita season 3 and they are both available for download on iTunes. But thats it. Season 3 is already into it's 6th or 7th episode, and it CANNOT be viewed or downloaded in Canada. I can't watch it from any American sites nor can I access the American iTunes store to get it. I used to be able to, but now I cannot...

I've sent out emails to the program director of CTV2 Edmonton, the CRTC, and even my local representative. No response so far, but I just sent the emails about an hour ago... I'll give them 72 hours before I start making noise....

I've checked the ratings on this show, and it was VERY popular in Canada, so I don't think they pulled it because of that. The only thing I can find about the show was an interview with Maggie Q where she openly critisised Toronto resturants for serving shark-fin soup. I believe that my government is retarded enough to ban a show over something so trivial, but theres no proof this was the case.

If anyone has insight on this feel free to share it! If not, thanks for listening!

Robb

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide
Hi everyone! I'm just here to state my disappointment concerning the Canadian governments decision to ban my favorite TV show, Nikita. Now I might be jumping the gun here by out-right blaming my government, but I'm pretty sure they're behind it. CTV2 aired the first two episodes of Nikita season 3 and they are both available for download on iTunes. But thats it. Season 3 is already into it's 6th or 7th episode, and it CANNOT be viewed or downloaded in Canada. I can't watch it from any American sites nor can I access the American iTunes store to get it. I used to be able to, but now I cannot...

I've sent out emails to the program director of CTV2 Edmonton, the CRTC, and even my local representative. No response so far, but I just sent the emails about an hour ago... I'll give them 72 hours before I start making noise....

I've checked the ratings on this show, and it was VERY popular in Canada, so I don't think they pulled it because of that. The only thing I can find about the show was an interview with Maggie Q where she openly critisised Toronto resturants for serving shark-fin soup. I believe that my government is retarded enough to ban a show over something so trivial, but theres no proof this was the case.

If anyone has insight on this feel free to share it! If not, thanks for listening!

Robb

Weird.

Oh well...that's what the pirate bay is for.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

I've yet to find it on any of the torrent sites... The show just CANNOT be accessed in canada anymore. www.cwtv.com carries it, and I can watch all the shows on cwtv, EXCEPT for Nikita....

Robb

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Listen to what the milominder dude said. It's right there on TPB. I looked right now.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Just checked it out. I get the same thing. Only episodes 1 and 2 from season 3. Does it pull up more than that for you??

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't even watch the show and I already see 10 links with the full first season....

TPB it, can't be that bad

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You guys do know that there was a Canadian TV series called Nikita back in the 90's?

It's the only clue I can give you to explain this banning.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I live in canada, and I have access to all the episodes, of which, there is only 4 from season 3... however, I use a download site that people don't know about. It's very small and very discrete and I won't tell anyone what it is lol... Having said that, message me and we can set up some sort of transfer.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
You guys do know that there was a Canadian TV series called Nikita back in the 90's?

It's the only clue I can give you to explain this banning.

I had to look it up for myself yeah I guess you are right it was a Canadian show I would of never thought . There just maybe some copy rights infringements

Not that I really ever watched it

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

Wow some one from Edmonton hello from the north side

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

eztv.it and bt-chat.com

I grabbed it off of there this a.m. If the DNS is blocked into the whole country then just download the HideMyAss extension for firefox or chrome and go through a proxy in belgium or france or something.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

Wow some one from Edmonton hello from the north side

Nice! West end here! I've met a few people from calgary on these boards, but your the first from Edmonton..

Robb

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I was just channel surfing and came across Nikita on the "Bravo" channel. Number 620 on Bell satellite.
Not banned, maybe just moved from its regular channels.
2:00 in the afternoon right now.

I'm just north of Edmonton

edit on 13-11-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join