It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Light Beam Cases.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
There's been quite a number of strange reports over the years describing UFOs emitting 'light beams' / 'solid light' and it looks like Australian researcher Bill Chalker is in the process of compiling a review of the subject - Dr Michael Swords has also posted a number of case examples at the link below (along with a nice definition) and there are quite a few ATS threads dealing with specific incidents.

Along with research from NASA's Paul Hill, Jacques Vallee also speculates about the nature of the phenomenon and lists symptoms of individuals reported to have been struck by UFO light beams in encounters such as the Colares case from 1977.

There's also quite a sizable list HERE from USO researcher Carl Feindt citing UFO 'beams of light into bodies of water' from the present day right back until 1934.

Definitions:

There are many reports of strange "beams of light" emanating from UFOs. Some have been described as "searchlights, which would turn in a sweeping motion, shining light opposite to the direction the UFO is moving". Other beams are described as "laser-like" (focused, seem to exhibit no dispersion with distance - collimated light), but may also appear "almost solid", propagate (extend/retract) slowly, and stop abruptly in mid-air. Such luminous beams directed from the UFO towards the ground could be columns of ionized air, related to or a byproduct of UFO propulsion. Certain beams seem to be used for inspection or transportation. Some may be weapons, having as a purpose the projection of heat, the disruption of electric and electronic equipment, and even the temporary paralysis of individuals. Finally some could just be powerful beaming spotlights, to light up the terrain.

Link

Speculation from Jacque Vallee's book Confrontations

Researcher Dr Jacques Vallee went to South America to investigate the numerous reports of UFO close encounters that have resulted in the death or injury of witnesses. The results of his extensive field investigations are detailed in his book Confrontations: A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact, which is recommended to anyone interested in pursuing this matter. For example, in Parnarama in central Brazil, Vallee reports that at least five people are reported to have died "following close encounters with what were described as boxlike UFOs equipped with powerful light beams.."

After asking various forensic pathologists to review his findings, Vallee claims that "what UFO witnesses describe as 'light' may, in fact, be a complex combination of ionising and non-ionising radiation. Many of the injuries described in Brazil, however, are consistent with the effects of high-power pulsed microwaves." (p.124) Later he points out that pulsed microwaves may "interfere with the central nervous system. Such a beam could cause the dizziness, headaches, paralysis, pricklings, and numbness reported to us by so many witnesses." (p.202)

UFO Light beams

Dr Michael Sword's Case List - page 1 of 5

Bill Chalker wrote the other day. He's contemplating making a review of so-called "solid light" UFO cases, and I welcome that. Bill's a hard-science-trained UFOlogist and might just be able to make some sense of a real puzzlement in this field. He asked me if I'd scour my files for such cases (since I'd foolishly admitted to having around 44 of such things), and so I did, making a list for him to pursue and build his analysis more robustly (Bill already had a bigger bunch than that).

Slow Light and UFOs

On the page below are some ATS member threads dealing with specific incidents - am sure there will be many more out there so if anyone has any more info, links or opinions on the subject please post.

edit on 26-12-2017 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Cases:

• Gosford, 1995 - Separately located town residents report huge, metallic, cylindrical object shining light beams down onto the surface of a local lake.

Back at Gosford Police Station, just after Mary's sighting, the quiet was shattered once more when "dozens" of calls flooded in from worried residents, all describing a similar occurrence.

"I've experienced nothing like it," one police officer said, "People were woken by an intense humming noise, and were genuinely frightened when they saw a huge cylindrical object hovering over the water. It had a polished, ball-like bottom, and as it hovered over the Lake, its lights shone down onto the water, apparently turning it to steam."

Gosford NSW multiple witness UFO sightings Dec 30/31 1995

• Portage County, 1966 - UFO shines light beam down on Police Officers then zig zags over the road and leads them on a 86 mile cross county car chase.

The object was about fifty feet in diameter, with a bright, well-defined light beam shining down from the bottom.

"When Barney Neff saw the object he just stood there with his mouth open for a minute as bright as it was, and he looked down. And I started looking down and I looked at my hands and my clothes weren't burning or anything, when it stopped right over on top of us. The only thing, the only sound in the whole area was a hum... like a transformer being loaded or an overloaded transformer when it changes..."

Ravenna Revisited - The Portage County Police UFO Chase.

• Colares, 1977 - UFOs 'attack' Brazilian villagers with light beams causing puncture marks, blackened skin, anaemia and low arterial pressure.

The events mainly concentrated on the city of Colares, about 2000 inhabitants, on Colares Island, which is in the region of Pará, the delta of the Amazon river on the north-eastern coast of Brazil. But the whole region was visited by the same phenomenon.

Beginning in August of 1977, in the island of Colares, strange phenomenon begun to occur, that the Brazilian call Chupa-Chupa. Strange luminous objects appeared over the few towns of the region. These objects were often projecting thin rays, seemingly of light, directed at the people. The touched people fainted and woke up with a strange anemia. They witnessed that they felt as if some of their blood was removed by the strange rays..

Hostile UFO Encounters: Colares, 1977

• Red Bluff, 1960 - Police Officers witness UFO performing "unbelievable" aerial maneuverability - object then shines down red light beam and causes EM effects on police radio.

The local radar base confirmed a UFO at this time (but denied it next day). "We made several attempts to ... get closer to it, but the object seemed to be aware of us and we were more successful remaining motionless and allow it to approach us, which it did on several occasions." Each time it did so, they experienced strong radio interference as the UFO emitted a red beam of light that swept the area and illuminated the ground. "The object was capable of moving in any direction. Up and down, back and forth .. it moved at high (extremely) speeds and several times we watched it change directions or reverse itself while moving at unbelievable speeds."

Red Bluff Incident, 1960 - Police nearly shoot at UFO.

• Ohio, 1973 - Cigar-shaped, gray metallic object shines green beam of light into U.S. Army helicopter causing EM effects.

The object appeared solid, blotting out the stars behind it. It had a red light at the nose, a white light at the tail, and a distinctive green beam emanating from the lower part of the otherwise featureless "fuselage." The green beam swung up over the helicopter nose, through the windshield, and into the upper tinted window panels. The cockpit was bathed in intense green light. No noise or turbulence was noted. After a few seconds, the object accelerated and moved off to the west.Coyne and Healey reported that it then made a distinct 45 degree turn to the right, heading toward Lake Erie.While the object was still visible, Jezzi and Coyne both noted that the altimeter read 3,500 feet with a rate of climb of 1,000 feet per minute. Yet the collective (steering mechanism) was still in the full-down position set during the descent.

The Coyne incident, Mansfield, Ohio, 1973

edit on 5-3-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
• Tocopilla, 1971 - Police Officers and town residents witness UFO changing directions at great speed and emitting a light beam onto the ground - object then causes EM effects on police patrol car and submerges into the ocean.

"Suddenly, this object moved extremely fast in the direction of the rocky cliff, arriving at a distance no more than 50 meters from the place where the police were." At that point continues the report, "the whole area became illuminated like at daytime." The document quoted also the description of one of the corporals, according to which the UFO was "a sort of rectangular building with many windows that could be seen clearly but with no one inside." The UFO then passed over the van and continued toward the mountains, where it "remained suspended in the air, throwing a light beam once in a while which would illuminate the area."

Bizarre Police UFO/USO Case from Tocopilla, Chile, 1971

Links:

UFO Reports - Beam
THE SCIENCE OF UFOs: FACTS VS. STEREOTYPES

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Excellent work yet again Karl12..
Didnt the Valentich case also have a green beam like the Coyne case?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
Excellent work yet again Karl12..

The Frederick Valentich case has always intrigued me - the 'authorities basically bagged the guy for lack of flying hours and educational quals (for dipping out on the Air Force twice) and she was quickly brushed under the carpet......again.

Yes you are correct - he did report a green light...........

At 19:09 Robey asked Valentich to confirm his altitude and that he was unable to identify the aircraft. Valentich gave his altitude as 4500 ft and said the aircraft was "long", but it was traveling too fast for him to describe it in more detail. Valentich stopped transmitting for about 30 seconds, during which time Robey asked for an estimate of the aircraft's size.

Valentich said the aircraft was "orbiting" above him and that it had a shiny metal surface and a green light on it. This was followed by 28 seconds silence before Valentich reported that the aircraft had vanished. There was a further 25-second break in communications before Valentich reported that it was now approaching from the southwest. Twenty-nine seconds later, at 19:12:09 Valentich reported that he was experiencing engine problems and was going to proceed to King Island.

There was brief silence until he said "it is hovering and it's not an aircraft". This was followed by 17 seconds of unidentified noise, described as being "metallic, scraping sounds", then all contact was lost.

en.wikipedia.org...

That Wiki link does not do the transcript justice - plenty of stuff online that you can really get your teeth into.

S&F OP - great stuff........again!!!
edit on 10-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the rundown on this aspect of UFO encounters. Some of these reports include technical descriptions of phenomenon that ordinary people can't make up. Light beams bending, searching or "feeling", beams that truncate in mid air. "Solid" beams of light. Weird ness for sure.

The one time I saw one there were no beams involved. It just flew on by. If it had turned and flown over to us and shot down beams I would have pissed myself. Seeing it was scary enough.

I noticed you left out Travis Walton. Google his name for a wealth of information. Lately it seems his case is being called hoax on the internet.

I remember that one and have followed it over the years. One of the best. He was zapped by some energy too.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Thanks for putting the thread together.
Most interesting to me are the reports that describe light beams that can be manipulated as if they were a solid.

Certainly, we continue to develop lasers that can cut or burn, pick up and return information, we may one day, in the near future, have light beams of various types, not just lasers, that serve a number functions as well.

To actually be able to manipulate light like a robot arm, or to extend, truncate, retract beams... well that would really be creepy to witness on an empty road somewhere late in the night.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I posted about a police officer seeing a green beam of light here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I read it in the May newsletter of Missouri's Mufon group. Interestingly, as I read the newsletter now, the segment I quoted in the previous thread is now gone
Completely confused about that and trying to figure it out.

Here was the original quote from the newsletter that has disappeared:

A police officer reported that he and his family saw green beams of light approximately 12” wide shoot down from the sky onto the street pavement in front of his house in Independence, Missouri. Several of these beams appeared to come down from the sky and shone on the pavement in several different areas. They appeared like green laser beams according to the witnesses, however, no craft was visible and the source of the green beams of light is unknown.

ETA: Um, I'm not finding this story on ANY of Missouri Mufon's newsletters. I am 100% positive it was there back in June. Perhaps retracted?
edit on 10-11-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I can confirm that I, and the Relfes of Metatech.org and one other ATSer, have at different times seen a green light and it is now being used by the Shadow government for their nefarious purposes.
Mainly it is used to beam people in to abduct (or...?) in the case of the three cases above.

See a green light ? RUN AWAY.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Interesting topic, Karl. Another incident involving a "light beam" was recounted in Philip Imbrogno's book Night Seige: The Hudson Valley UFO sightings:

source

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

"I've experienced nothing like it," one police officer said, "People were woken by an intense humming noise, and were genuinely frightened when they saw a huge cylindrical object hovering over the water. It had a polished, ball-like bottom, and as it hovered over the Lake, its lights shone down onto the water, apparently turning it to steam."

I read later that that case was highly exagerated and that the police later denied ever going to the water to see it. but apparently many people did see and hear something.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Have never seen a "UFO" but had a similar experience involving prolonged and rather intense interaction with several critters who looked exactly like the gray "aliens," but there was no spaceship involved. Personally, I've no doubts that they are demons and that the UFO phenomenon is deceptive and at it's roots is mostly attributable to the same. Anyway, I wrote a Squidoo article that provides more details. These things would materialize in from balls of light, lurk just beyond sight all night until everyone fell asleep, and then they would attack my grandfather physically with violent struggle. This went on nightly for years, probably roughly 1925 to 1968. Sorry about not having much to say about odd lights, but I did observe these balls of bluish, twitching balls of light about a foot in diameter that were the critters materializing, but as soon as they sensed me being awake, they vanished over a period of about 2-3 seconds. I also had close, direct visual contact when they were physically solid, again about 3 seconds or so, it would take them a few seconds to react when surprised. That's all I know.
www.squidoo.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Brother I had a laser incident and a ship sighting all in one and they were most certainly humans trying to tell me I was not only out of hand but that I needed a good reality check.

It worked but I still am not convinced they are fighting the best fight for all of us.

Forgot to mention that if they could divert two ships to intercept me and mess with me than they have a rather large multipurpose fleet and that means they have effectively colonized special parts of our galaxy.
edit on 11-11-2012 by tekeen because: (no reason given)

I just posted in technology about my incident and I would have done it here but I just stumbled into this.

Yeah I wanna know what some of our resident geniuses are able to derive from these stories and incidents.
edit on 11-11-2012 by tekeen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

Toxicsurf, good call on that one mate
- Ozweatherman's done a great thread on this one:

What Happened to Frederick Valentich? Possibly the scariest UFO case ever

9:08:49 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet. It seems to me that he’s playing some sort of game.—He’s flying over me two—three times at a time at
speeds I could not identify.’

9:09:02 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet—Roger. What is your actual level?

9:09:06 DSJ FS My level is four and a half thousand, four five zero zero.

9:09:11 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet… And confirm—you cannot identify the aircraft.

9:09:14 DSJ FS Affirmative.’

9:09:18 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet—Roger… standby

9:09:28 DSJ FS Melbourne—Delta Sierra Juliet. It’s not an aircraft’… it is

//open microphone for two seconds// [This duration measured as

three seconds. No information appears to have been removed

from the tape.]

9:09:46 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet—Melbourne. Can you describe the…er—aircraft?

9:09:52 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet… as it’s flying past it’s a long shape’ //open microphone for three seconds // (cannot) identify more than that. It has such speed //open microphone for three seconds //. It is before me right now Melbourne.’

9:10:07 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet—Roger. And how large would the —er—object be?

9:10:20 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet—Melbourne.It seems like it’s chasing me . What I’m doing right now is orbiting,and the thing is just orbiting on top of me also’ … It’s got a green light,’ and sort of metallic (like)~. It’s all shiny (on) the outside.

Pilot transmission - transcript

Lowneck's thread about a Danish Police Officer witnessing (and photographing) a UFO which shined a blue beam down on his patrol car stopping the engine and radio is also definitely worth a mention.

Danish policeman photographed beaming UFO that stopped his car

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Appreciate all the replies
- here's another very freaky report from the 1951 Korean war describing U.S. soldiers being hit with a UFO light beam which made them ill.

Bizarre Craft Hit Soldiers With Debilitating Light Beam.

"During the Korean War, a UFO that was under attack sent out a beam of light irradiating soldiers, and making them ill."

Testimony:

Courtesy John Timmerman, J. Allen Hynek Center For UFO Studies
Courtesy CNI News

"This event that I am about to relate to you is the truth, so help me God. It happened in the early Spring of 1951 in Korea. We were in the Army infantry, 25th Division, 27th Regiment, 2nd Battalion, 'Easy' Company. We were in what is known on the military maps as the Iron Triangle, near Chorwon.

"It is night. We are located on the slopes of a mountain, below [which] there is a Korean village. Previously we have sent our men into this village to warn the populace that we are going to bombard it with artillery. On this night, we were doing just that. We had aerial artillery bursts coming in.

"We suddenly noticed on our right-hand side what appeared to be a jack-o-lantern come wafting down across the mountain. And at first no one thought anything about it. So we noticed that this thing continued on down to the village to where, indeed, the artillery air bursts were exploding. It had an orange glow in the beginning. We further noticed that this object was [so] quick that it could get into the center of an airburst of artillery and yet remain unharmed.

"[The] time element on this, I would say, [was] anywhere from, oh, forty-five minutes to an hour all told.

"But then this object approached us. And it turned a blue-green brilliant light. It's hard to distinguish the size of it; there's no way to compare it. The light was pulsating. This object approached us.

"I asked for and received permission from Lt. Evans, our company commander at that time, to fire upon this object, which I did with an M-1 rifle with armor-piercing bullets. And I did hit it. It must have been metallic because you could hear when the projectile slammed into it.

"Now why would that bullet damage this craft if the artillery rounds didn't? I don't know, unless they had dropped their protective field around them, or whatever. But the object went wild, and the light was going on and off. It went off completely once, briefly. And it was moving erratically from side to side as though it might crash to the ground. Then, a sound -- we had heard no sound previous to this -- the sound of, like, diesel locomotives revving up. That's the way this thing sounded.

"And then, we were attacked. We were swept by some form of a ray that was emitted in pulses, in waves that you could visually see only when it was aiming directly at you. That is to say, like a searchlight sweeps around and... you would see it coming at you. Now you would feel a burning, tingling sensation all over your body, as though something were penetrating you.

"So the company commander, Lt. Evans, hauled us into our bunkers. We didn't know what was going to happen. We were scared. These are underground dugouts where you have peep holes to look out to fire at the enemy. So, I'm in my bunker with another man. We're peeping out at this thing.It hovered over us for a while, lit up the whole area with its light, and then I saw it shoot off at a 45 degree angle, that quick, just there and gone. That quick. And it was as though that was the end of it.

"But, three days later the entire company of men had to be evacuated by ambulance. They had to cut roads in there and haul them out. They were too weak to walk. They had dysentery. Then subsequently, when the doctors did see them, they had an extremely high white blood cell count which the doctors could not account for.

"Now in the military, especially the Army, each day you file a company report. We had a confab about that. Do we file it in the report or not? And the consensus was 'No.' Because they'd lock every one of us up and think we were crazy. At that time, no such thing as a UFO had ever been heard of, and we didn't know what it was.

Link

edit on 23-10-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
Interesting topic, Karl. Another incident involving a "light beam" was recounted in Philip Imbrogno's book Night Seige: The Hudson Valley UFO sightings:

source

Hey Orko, nice addition there mate and there's another similar report found in Carl Feindt's collection from the same area a few months earlier.

Beam Of Light Into A Body Of Water

In these cases we have no physical changes of the water, but the annoying question is WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR? It has been observed may times, so it must have some function. Could this beam serve another purpose? In abductions it’s used to transport people (…beam me up Scotty). Could this be a tool for measuring heat, pollutants, or density of life forms in that particular body of water? Suggestions welcomed

List of Reports

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I love this artical, its great to finnaly read something that could explain this feature of ufo's, its creepy to imagin the humming, the light and what these craft and entities are thinking, where they are from and what their intentions are, but i always knew radiation was a feature of a ufo due to the reports of noise, high energy and the after effects of ufo encounters, but i could never think what the working of the beam was.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Thanks for all these great posts Karl 12.

I always learn something new from your great posts. While I'm already mostly familiar with many of your posts, there are always a few that have slipped through the cracks. I'm now re-reading 'Confrontations' and browsing through Feindt's book again.

Whether these objects are native to earth or off-worlders they certainly have some bizarre qualities.

Lambright has an ebook (X-Descending) out about Ray Stanford who filmed an object that had retractable lights and other strange appendages. He says there's a movie, but you have to go to Texas and see it in an auditorium. No YT vids.

I haven't bought the ebook.
edit on 13-11-2012 by gguyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gguyx

Appreciate the post mate and some of these reported objects certainly do have some bizarre qualities - didn't realize it at first but there's also a light beam report contained in the U.S. Coastguard document from Lake Eire in 1988.

Apparently a huge, gunmetal gray football-shaped object landed on the ice there and released 5 or 6 bright yellow triangular objects which 'darted around independently' - it was one of these smaller objects which was witnessed beaming a spotlight down onto the lake and the official report really does make for some interesting reading

US Coastguard report - UFOs over Lake Erie.

Thread

Regarding Lambright's book, CardDown's thread here links a Paracast interview with Ray Stanford where he mentions there were other witnesses to the UFO he filmed but we still haven't seen the footage.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Karl 12, yeah, I heard that 'cast and about 17 gb of others over time while commuting.

You know how photos, films, etc., have a tendency to 'disappear'. It would be a shame to loose it without it having being seen by millions of folks. If it's that good, that is.

Have you looked up Robert Schroeder and his take on the ufo and light cases?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join