It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Amazing How Many Believe The Political Theater is Real...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i remember getting bashed for saying the debate was scripted and set up

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It isn't real!?! Since when? I understand what you are saying and it is a shame you are somewhat right, but it is not fake.

The circus show that has become the campaign/election process and the president's term of office is not fake, it is most definitely real. When a reality show has caonsequences that directly impact the lives and futures of my friends, family, and myself it leaves the realm of dramatic entertainment.

It is very sad to know that your viewpoint is not uncommon and not that far from the truth.

I also wouldn't put it past the political parties to collaborate in a way that works against the private sector voting population. Making the general populace feel like the whole POTUS election process is pre-arranged and their voice doesn't really matter. This would make it even easier to reach for total control and social domination of a civilization that once stood in strong opposition to the smallest hint of political and corporate backwashing & confidence scheming, designed to oppress all social demographics.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I just cannot get into voting and acting like it changes the whole world.The powers to be will come if you ask me IMO.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I wish I could think that, OP. That it really is all just a game, and that the poll numbers are made up and that the US citizens really aren't so equally polarized in voting preferences.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If your party loses it means your vote did not count

Also if your state always goes blue or red.Depending if you dem or rep your vote did not really count.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I noticed at the voting station near my house they have giant signs proclaiming that you can do a party vote. I take this to mean you can vote straight party which I find very telling. People are so entrenched in a tribalism/sports mentality that they do not even take the time to consider anything about the individual candidates or their views but instead go rank and file without any critical thought or analysis.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

Also if your state always goes blue or red.Depending if you dem or rep your vote did not really count.

If your party losing means more than your country losing, that could be a problem.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

If your party losing means more than your country losing, that could be a problem.

Yep..In all serious if your a blue state or red state every single time, then your vote never counted ever one time depending which state you live and your party line.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by hawkiye

Correct.

Although this fact gets pointed out ad infinitum, it is worth
reiterating in order to remind those who forget or to inform
those who hadn't accepted the truth yet.

Reinforcement is needed to combat and balance the overt lies
emanating from TVs worldwide.

problem is, when you try to tell people.....and even show them evidence (videos, movie documentaries, written books, etc, etc.), they just look at you the think you are a nut case. It's hard.....no....impossible to try and convince someone who has been indoctrinated from day one. They just have to wake up on their own.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

i don't know how they get so many to believe it is real but gotta hand it to them they have fooled millions for decades...

edit on 6-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

It's called....
Project Paperclip

And the fruits of Project Paperclip are being celebrated as we speak

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm with the OP, this can't be repeated enough. People need to wake up to the reality and the only way that can happen is if we keep getting in their face about it. If no one talks about it, then tptb win. They get to maintain control because there is no chance that an organized opposition to their control could ever be created. The first step to any resistance is talk.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Never posted on ATS or replied to any comments, so forgive me if I do something wrong.

I find it almost sad that on a website devoted to alternative news and conspiracies there are still members arguing "Obama this" or "Romney that." It is astounding that such "free-thinkers" (as many members on this site claim to be) would still buy into american politics. I completely agree with you. This country needs to wake up and realize that political affiliation has little to do with what happens to them on a daily basis. Right or left, it's two sides of the same coin, and that coin is control.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm happy to see a thread like this getting attention because I agree with you 100%, especially this part,

People are arguing over what's best because of what the actors are saying Obama is for clean energy Romney is for more war blah blah when the same agenda marches forward no matter who gets elected.

I'm not supportive of either of the main 2 candidates, but let's look at the past few years with Obama supposedly at the helm of American democracy.

1. Sneaks in Indefinite Detention of American's 11:30pm News Years Eve after he told the MSM that he wouldn't sign it into law. NY Federal Judge rules this against the constitution and Obama's lawyers fight it until they get their way in indefinitely detaining American citizens. Obama will reauthorize Indefinite Detention of American's for the 2013 NDAA.

2. Reauthorization of the Patriot Act. The only person I can recall who was vocally and openly against this was Rand Paul, pretty much everyone else gave it the thumbs up and Obama gave it the go ahead.

3. Benghazi, Libya. Obama and his rascally gang have been lying about this terrorist attack since the day it happened and continue to do so. Just another 9/11 terrorist attack on America that her Gov't let happen. The USN SEALs didn't like Obama prior to this incident but now its confirmed they hate him.

4. Operation Fast & Furious/Project Gunrunner. Shipping automatic weapons to violent, insane, and morally corrupt criminals is somehow a good idea.Then they lie about it.

5. Green lights over a billion dollars to fund NATO & terrorists & freedom fighters in Libya without Congressional approval. Not only beats Bush's drone strike score but crushes it and shows no sign of stopping while the Middle Eastern people protest.

These 5 reasons alone is all I need to know about Obama and his cronies, but then again, I know that no matter who is elected to office the same agenda will continue to be pursued. How anyone can cheer Obama is BEYOND me, same goes for Romney.

George Carlin ~ The American Dream

edit on 6-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

So true. When did ATS become the place for political debate? When did ATSers begin believeing in the puppet show?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I will be so glad when all this is over. All day long I have been witnessing everything from a barrage of "I voted" stickers being displayed like magical symbols.... to being asked "Who did you vote for?" or "Did you vote?" enough times where I no longer feel like responding with words and would rather use certain universally accepted hand gestures. I have even had to sever ties with someone who decided to go straight for my throat because I dared to play Devil's advocate and ask the forbidden question of "What if all this is a sham?"

Times like this often show you just what type of people you are surrounded by. From family to friends to co-workers....the attitudes projected on election day...especially this one...have been very telling. Those we think are awake may not be as aware as previously thought....others whom we thought were sleeping turn around and surprise us....and just about everything that has turned many of us into foul cynics when it comes to the political process is confirmed. Either way...let it be done already.

edit on 6-11-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Yep..In all serious if your a blue state or red state every single time, then your vote never counted ever one time depending which state you live and your party line.

gerrymander (ˈdʒɛrɪˌmændə) dictionary.reference.com...
— vb

to divide the constituencies of (a voting area) so as to give one party an unfair advantage

to manipulate or adapt to one's advantage

[C19: from Elbridge Gerry, US politician + ( sala ) mander ; from the salamander-like outline of an electoral district reshaped (1812) for political purposes while Gerry was governor of Massachusetts]

IOW, a few honchos get together and decide (conspire) where to draw district lines to cheat voters out of a FAIR advantage. And voters line up for it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

Originally posted by hawkiye

i don't know how they get so many to believe it is real but gotta hand it to them they have fooled millions for decades...

edit on 6-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

It's called....
Project Paperclip

And the fruits of Project Paperclip are being celebrated as we speak

Do you mean Operation Mockingbird or Paperclip?
Because I see that Mockingbird is still operational in the media everyday and in every single storyline.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

It's Amazing How Many Believe The Political Theater is Real...

Agreed but,
What has always amazed me even more is how many (what society considers to be) "smart" people believe in this crap.

I mean, How old were you when you found out that the tooth fairy wasn't really the one putting money under your pillow?
Or what about the Easter Bunny hu?
How old were you when you found out it wasn't a GIANT GODDAMNED BUNNY (WTF) who was putting EGGS (??? Really??) out in your front yard???

And what about the Big one??
How old were you when you found out the BIG lie?
You know the one I mean.
The Mother of all lies.
How old were you when you put two and two together and finally came to terms with the fact that it wasn't some fat bearded dude climbing down the chimney that you didn't even have, and putting all of the toys you asked for under the tree? When did you figure out it was Mom and Dad all along???

And yet, here we are in the year 2012 and there are still grown ass adults who believe in the fairytale of free elections here in the USA.

"Smart people".

You know, scientists, Doctors, Attorneys
, Authors,Poets,Engineers,Professors, and all the rest.
These are the brightest of the bright.
Or at least that's what we are lead to believe.
These are the people we look to in order to make sense of the world we live in.
These are scholars.
They are the best in their field.
They have dedicated their lives to learning.
And yet, they aren't able to think their way out of a paper bag if the result is going to challenge all of their deeply planted firmly held beliefs of the way in which this country and the world works.

It is great to be intelligent but, what good is it if you can't re-examine your world view from time to time and make changes as needed? You become just as stupid as the rest of our country.

If you are a child or a willfully ignorant adult then please stop reading NOW, because I don't want to be the one responsible for shattering your world view.

Ahemm,
There is no such thing as Santa Clause and there is no such thing as "free elections"
There is only the illusion of such.
Every four years there is a dog and pony show put on for the entire country to see.
It makes us feel good and give us the illusion of having a choice.
In reality, it doesn't matter who is elected because as soon as they take office, the agenda continues forward.

If you honestly believe that a man who makes little more than $400,000 per year is the most powerful man in the free world, in a world run BY and ON the almighty dollar then you are dillusional at best. Money is power and power is money. The more you have, the more powerful you are.

In this paradigm, it is easy to find out who really controls our country.
All you have to do is look for the ones with the most money.

Anyone?
Bueller?
BUELLER?
edit on 6-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The election is REAL!!! The G0v would never lie to the hard working american tax payer, no way not ever! Infact the US g--v has never lied, not even once! It's not theater it's a real election! Your just a crazy ole CT!

Listen my advice to you is, walk toward the light!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

While I tend to fall in line with your thinking, you know that its a big show and it doesn't matter how you vote, what if you and I are wrong. I mean I believe what your saying, I really do, but I can't prove it and unless you can why not vote? I mean #, if it's fake then your vote doesn't matter and it didn't hurt to vote in the first place (as long as you don't have schedule conflicts) and if it turns out that we're wrong and the vote matters, then you legitimately helped decide who wins and who doesn't. Although I doubt it really matters since the candidates will likely do the same thing either way, but what if it does matter? Can you prove that it doesn't?

That's why I voted today, even though I don't believe that it mattered that I voted or who I voted for.
edit on 6-11-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join