It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow is the big day...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So what are your "real" thoughts and feelings? Why are you supporting a two party candidate? Are you completely satisfied with their positions and the party's platform? Or...are you voting for one of the two "guaranteed winners" by voting for "the lesser of two evils"?

My position is this.

I have been very disappointed with both parties for a very long time. I was a Republican for years. I voted for Reagan's second term...my very first election. I voted for daddy Bush. I voted against Clinton both times and yes, I voted for dubyah...both times. It was then though that I started doing some soul searching. The Repubs were no longer really representing me anymore. I agreed with their fiscal positions, but that was about it. Their leap into the dreamland of the "moral majority" was a place I could not follow.

In 2008, I found the Libertarians. I voted for Bab Barr and do not regret it.

I am asking everyone to please, take a look at these and search your heart and soul. I honestly feel this is where our support needs to go. I actually "believe" in the platform and the philosophy of the Libertarian party. I believe it will one day overtake the Republicans...prob not real soon, but I think it eventually will.

The Libertarian Party Platform

Even if you choose another path, I am asking everyone to invest just a little bit of time into researching the "other parties". We have to break the two party paradigm or it is going to completely divide and destroy our country...and I believe it is happening right now. Third parties need to get at least 5% of the popular vote to get federal campaign funding and recognition in the next election. It has to start somewhere and it needs to start now.

We Can do this.

Please consider it...I think our country and our citizens need this more than anything.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I cannot wait for these farce of an elections to be over with.

Maybe this website will finally rid itself of the partisan B.S that it has been plagued by for the passed 6+ months.

Then we can all get back to the not so glaringly obvious conspiracies.

*(Writing in Ron Paul because he is a veteran against the One Party System of Status Quo.)*

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm so excited, for real.

See for me, it's not just that we get to see who wins. We get to see which polls were correct, we get to see what demographic shifts we have had in 4 years, we get to see if Dems can hold onto the Senate, we get to see which news channel gets burned calling a state too early, we get to all analyze exit polling to try to determine how that State has gone, we get to all analyze which counties have still not reported and if they have the population and demographics to change the current projection for that State, we get to see all the stupid graphics the news channels have been preparing for the counts and electoral maps, we get to hear the excuses, the denials and the conspiracy theories about why a certain candidate is losing, and we get to see a concession speech (my favorite) and a victory speech.

Yes, I'm a political geek and an election junkie, and you ca expect me to be head deep in numbers, exit polls, and 2008 comparisons.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Glad to see some enthusiasm is left! I am beginning to get a little weary and foggy eyed over it all. I will just be glad when it's over (the campaigning and the commercials that is). I will admit though, I am really looking forward to seeing the results. I know there are many people that are not satisfied with the two party candidates and are going third party or writing in Ron paul. I am really interested to see how it all washes out and at the same time, I am keeping my fingers crossed that we Libertarians can pull 5% or more of the popular vote...I think that will be huge next time.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I can't wait.

Then maybe this place can get back to conspiracy forums and not endless political trolling and cheap point scoring.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Like I stated in another thread;

I just want to comment on a couple things.

We all see the same problems. It's just that we find ourselves at odds with the solutions.

Many have stated that voting for either is the "lesser of two evils".

How about thinking that voting FOR someone would be the "greater of two goods".

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Let's just get that dissenter's opinion out of the way
lol

I'm not going to vote, in protest of the system which does not produce any trust whatsoever. I hope it's such a low voter-turnout that countries around the world will fear that the citizens of the U.S. are not represented by the government of the U.S. It would be a nice gesture towards those around the world who keep apologizing for U.S. foreign policy by citing that it is not supported by the "good and caring people" of the U.S., even though they can see that the majority of Americans actually vote for the crazies in office.

I hope...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

edit on 5-11-2012 by trysts because: dbl post

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How about thinking that voting FOR someone would be the "greater of two goods".

That would be WONDERFUL!!

Can you honestly vote "for" one of these two candidates? Do you support one or the other on their own merit without contrasting it against the other ones failings?

Ideally, this is EXACTLY what we need. If a candidate ever came out and campaigned entirely on their own ideas, their own agenda, their own plan for the future, without a need to demonize and compare contrast with the other guy, then I could actually support that guy!

In fact, Ron Paul made it about 99% of the way there. He ran on his own merits, ideas, plans, and voting record, but the other candidates got more attention by pushing each others buttons and making headlines out of mud.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I can appreciate that Beezer. I say the "lesser of two evils" because for me, both parties and both candidates have too much negative baggage for me in my old age.

I can agree with them here or there, but for the most part, I overwhelmingly have to say "no" to both of them.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Im still gonna vote for Ron Paul because after all nothing matters now. Its all been full of lies from the very beginning, I can see it now. How can people accept these lies. I will be voting YES on PROP 37, its more important than the President.

I wouldnt be surprised if Romney wins because nobody wants Obama as much anymore. And next election Nobody is gonna want Romney anymore and so on and son. Its the same crappy routine
edit on 5-11-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

Don't right in Ron Paul, at least vote for someone on the ballot, like Gary Johnson. My vote is going to Johnson. I met him, he is a wonderful person, he is a Libertarian, and even Ron Paul likes the guy. Paul didn't take his campaign to fruition. I'm not so sure he would have been a great leader anyway, but maybe he'd be great in Johnson's cabinet?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Alright ill vote for Johnson but like is said....i dont think its gonna matter. It would truly be a Miracle to my eyes if Gary Johnson Wins, i wouldn't believe it until the next day i wake up.

link   
I voted for Ross Perot. Been there, done that. So no, I would never vote 3rd party again.

I wasn't excited about Mitt Romney at first. But the more I learned, the more I liked. I think he's been unfairly portrayed by many.

My fear is that this will not be over tomorrow. I worry about a voting problem along the lines of 2000. Hope I'm wrong.

link   
I wasn't going to vote at all, but I have decided to go into town tomorrow and vote for Gary Johnson. I watched the third party debate and felt that he best represents what I believe in.

BTW, if you are voting in Texas and think that you are going to write in Ron Paul, be aware that Texas law says that he has to register with the state in order to be considered a write-in candidate. Since he didn't do this, any write-in vote for Ron Paul will be thrown out. That would definitely be a wasted vote!

In any case, thank goodness it's over tomorrow. Much to my chagrin and sadness, I predict Obama will get his second term, and I expect things to get a whole lot worse. He won't care, though...he has his $35 million dollar Hawaiian estate to escape to, when everything falls to pieces.

If I'm wrong, then we get Mittens.....same crap, different pile.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, here's one voter he won't have to convince.
I only hope that tomorrow while waiting in what might be a pretty long line, my mom won't try to pressure me into voting for her chosen candidate. I'll need to pretend to support Romney, and try not to let out that I vastly prefer Gary Johnson.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
reply to post by darkhorserider

Alright ill vote for Johnson but like is said....i dont think its gonna matter. It would truly be a Miracle to my eyes if Gary Johnson Wins, i wouldn't believe it until the next day i wake up.

I don't think he's gonna win. If he gets a certain percentage of votes, it will win public funding for his party's next campaign though! Ross Perot was the last candidate to pull enough votes to elevate a third party to a respected status, but it died quickly.

Really, a vote for any 3rd party candidate is a vote for Obama, but I'm ok with that. I'm going to be voting for a guy I can actually support, rather than the lesser of two evils, and if the rest of the voters don't follow suit, then thats on them, not me.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

Chances are, Gary Johnson won't win. However, try to think past this election. If we ever want new political parties to get a voice and some face time on the media...we have to support them when they are doomed to fail. They need 5%...not a lot on one hand, but that is a lot of votes on the other.

If we support them now, they will slowly grow and become more influential....that is my hope anyway.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Double posted...oops
edit on 11/5/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I think it will be a close vote and the SCOTUS might have to make another call. I hope not but...and IF it does come down that close, I have a feeling that Romney will win.

I think the third parties are going to pull votes from both of them. There are a lot of disgruntled people not satisfied with the choices...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a strong Libertarian showing, that is for sure!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join