It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to the telegraph Ufologie is dying!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

It will be dead because many are seriously expecting some form of contact over the next year or two, and ET life will be taken as a given, and become a real science, not the psuedo science it is now.

You haven't seen the multitude of signs?

(Courtesy Temporary Temples)

October 26 2012 - Astronomer in Kentucky catches massive UFO with his telescope

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I could not agree more!

The signs are everywhere, yet frustratingly, many just don't have energy vibrations, at such a frequency, that they are even capable of understanding the implications.

While I believe my statement above, I would have thought it "crazy talk" 3 years ago. So, there is hope for those who this reality hasn't "hit in the face" yet.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5

I could not agree more!

The signs are everywhere, yet frustratingly, many just don't have energy vibrations, at such a frequency, that they are even capable of understanding the implications.

While I believe my statement above, I would have thought it "crazy talk" 3 years ago. So, there is hope for those who this reality hasn't "hit in the face" yet.

I know what you mean, we have been deceived very well by our own.

Even a year ago, I had the long held belief that aliens existed somewhere in the Universe, and maybe oneday we would find them, but there weren't any around now. But then I learned the truth.

For those who still don't believe, this video of a government official discussing visitors from other worlds is a good place to start, this is not some crackhead from a trailer park, this person has credibility and is not currently institutionalized: (go to about 1 minute in)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

UFO Sightings Increase 67 Percent In 3 Years

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The problem with that is that every spec of light in the night pictured/filmed is claimed as a ufo even when its obvious it's stars aircraft etc so that doesn't really help

With respect, claimed a UFO yes but not claimed as a ET origin.The debate is that those reporting things they regard as strange or odd has declined. There are cases of strange flight characteristics not attributed to planes ect, these cases DO matter ,it only take ONE case of significance ,while the debunkers have to debunk ALL cases,that is the real percentages here, one case is need, now that in its self helps.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I don't think that within ten years it will be dead, but It will surely be on a much lower pass then today. I mean the hype will be off I think ,and sightings will be still on distance even more frequent than we used to know. but Think it will be more exeptable for the public to even notice that its around us.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Ufology today is not worse off or better than it was, say, 70 years ago in the 1940.

If anything, Ufology is one of those "sciences" which stagnates and where there are no real developments for MANY decades. This is not different today. Ufology is a field with high chances there will simply never be answers, or at least not simple ones.

At first, i was inclined to disagree with the cited article - but then i read it and i HAVE TO agree with what it says. I see it on myself: I am "hanging out" on UFO forums, in my past i read countless books and watched movies and documentaries, i attended UFO related chats and newsgroups. I am not a single inch closer to an "answer", actually i got way, way more skeptical than I was in the early days.

What did all that interest and research produce? NOTHING!

We're at the same level "Ufology" was 60 or 70 years ago. If you deny this, you are simply blind.

But then, I do not believe that Ufology is "dying", simply because it is not any different a subject today then it was way back in the past. There might even be a chance that newly discovered exoplanets etc. revive a new interest or that other people with new ideas come along.
edit on 5-11-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you but this is probably where they want you to give up and lose interest, while you should always be open minded for anything.

Indeed, some revolution needs to happen to make the govs and the military spill their guts

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Heartfelt greetings everyone,

This is my first post here. My name is Les Rosin. Just since 3-13-2010 I have had around 100 supernatural events occur, to that end I have the proof that the world needs, but refuses to embrace thus far. That we are not alone, that we are far from the center of consciousness, as we have been told and warned about as well.

I have about 60 720P HD videos of well pretty much everything needed to send Ph.D`s reeling for cover. I have tried sending photos and letters to so so many in this country that determine what you should believe via media and other avenues of control, they don`t know what Truth is, so even those whom associate themselves with the UFO enigma such as magazines and book writers are clueless to even respond. Think Copernicus 1512, same deal, really.

FINALLY I found someone who has a Masters degree in Physics, is interested in the paranormal and is a writer. The first page is up and Todd is working on the next edition. I cannot begin to tell what I have and what I know, they IMO, trained me. We are great great friends forever. I expect to be attacked in so many ways, I am used to being hated, so. Anyone care to see the Flying Winged Disc of ancient Summer and Egypt, metallic disc`s, orbs a go-go, how about an orange energy bird they made me, on film, yeah it`s been crazy. Please settle for a first picture attached to the first article, that is a white orb underneath the UFO, I had a close encounter with a white orb on 3-17-10, supernatural love beyond this world this realm was shared, my life has changed forever and I thank God Himself. Please subscribe, I have it you guys, I have it all. I will die trying to do the best I can, to help mankind evolve, please help us. Snip

Thank you,
Les

Mod Edit: Content removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 15h.) Spamming. Thank you - Jak
edit on 12/11/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

What I do believe is that some operatives are active on youtube to countermeasure the credibility of footage that is real by by bombing the youtube with fakes.

Couldn't agree more 0bserver1.

It's a tactic that works well unfortunately.

I'm a true believer, have been for most of my life..but even i get attacked whenever i come across an obviously hoaxed or faked UFO related video online somewhere, and explain to posters that the particular video clip is probably either part of a carefully orchestrated PsyOp to discredit the genuine cases, and lose them in the steaming pile of fakes, or is idiot kids trying to fool people.

It definitely makes picking out the genuine recordings of sightings from the deliberately inserted distractions very difficult...which is the purpose obviously.

And who the hell are Assap? First time i've even heard of them.

I think so many are closing down, because everyone and his dog have been starting UFO groups up willy-nilly, most of them being very amateur and ineffectual, which naturally means there are going to be a lot that 'close'.

I think a fairer analysis of the stats would be to ask, how many UFO groups are there today, compared to say...40 years or so ago..we will then see that there is hugely more interest in the subject today, that there ever was.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ABFriend7

I read your article, very interesting stuff. I guess we disagree maybe only in that I think some UFOs are of a physical nature, and not spiritual. However, many orbs are probably energy beings, or spirits.

By the way, your link is not posting properly. It is just text, and not a hyperlink.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: Clarification after reading article

edit on 7-11-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: Correct a word.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
One can easily argue that interest in UFOs has increased in recent years. Albeit, that "cheesy" shows are behind it for the most part. The Vatican has even admitted they exist and Muslim theologians who comment on UFOs point to Ali (Muhammad's cousin) who claimed that there is life on other planets with different "Adams" who do not even know that we even exist. As for government cover-ups: anyone with a decent knowledge of UFO history knows that the government is covering up anamolous phenomena. Too many credible witnesses who have had nothing to gain except ridicule after distinguished careers, have spoken about these anamolies.

Anyone who claims it is dying out should try a web search, skim the cable networks, bookstores, and rethink their position. Of course CGI has tainted any video footage or photos that may arise; yet, that takes no more away from the truth that we are not alone and that we most likely are being visited by either extra-terrestrial or Inter-dimensional beings (or both, why not?).

I personally revel in such a fantastic universe that makes sci-fi pale in comparison. We are not alone -- thank God for that!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Ufology cannot die because it is already dead as a scientific discipline. I have been appalled by the complete lack of methodical investigation applied by MUFON, for example. And let's not even look at the hoaxes perpetrated by APIT! Notice how quickly this thread was swamped by discussion of extraterrestrials, confessions of belief and photos of crop circles enlisted as evidence. No-one with any scientific integrity wants to interfere with what has clearly become a religion. UFOs will always be with us, but no-one will be interested in figuring out if there is something to be learned by studying reports of them.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

Hi friend,
Yes they have the ability of instant on/off mass and energy. Indeed some of UFO`s are physical in nature and structure, hence some of my data shows the correct reflection of the sun on the fuselage of both a disc and the commercial jet beside it. On that particular frame, I just said " I don`t see anything, you guys must be under contract", right when I said that, the large disc appears. Reason being, I hit a nail on the head, the synonym for contract is Covenant, think about that. Electromagnetism, weak forces, strong forces, consciousness, our friends are beyond masters of the very things that control us and so much more. My friends I HAVE EVERYTHING IN SPADES to PROVE beyond any doubt, the Truth that has been beckoning us for so long. The continued problem is humans refuse to evolve as a collective species and otherwise. As we head towards technology as our leader, we further distance ourselves from what we truly are. A perpetual form of energy ourselves. We are spiritual beings greatly struggling to be human. Some say ufology is losing steam. I would suggest it is the calm before the storm. Gravity, electromagnetism, weak forces, strong forces, consciousness, that`s all we really deal with as humans. Our friends are beyond masters of these elements and things beyond mortal comprehension. My greatest fear, is that things will have to be done the hard way with humans. So many of you seek truth and I tell you, it is inside you and all around you. But how many have eyes that can only see and ears that can never be filled?

Peace,
Les

P.S. I gave them for options of who they are, they responded positive to Bene ha Elohim. (this is on tape, also) feeling comfortable with that response and it fit everything else, I move forward. Not for me, but for you and them, I have been tasked.

P.S.S. There is no such thing as time; only directed energy, etc., etc., etc. LOVE IS EVERYTHING !

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
And who the hell are Assap? First time i've even heard of them. ...(quote)

UFOLOGY is dead ..how many times have ASSAP members died and reformed in other groups?

YUFOS ... NUFORN ... etc etc and etc ...The same names and same players

See this! UFO GROUP.. UFOIN ( amazing as it allegedy formed .. then never existed )

A NEW REBIRTH OF UFOLOGY?

with big promotion via the same current members (see UFOUPDATES posts in late 1999 /2000)

BUFORA have even used this 'ufology is dead' gambit in 'THE GUARDIAN' via Robert Rosamund
in an article on April 22nd 2006. Rosamund was the chairman of Bufora, stating UFOLOGY
was dead or proclaiming the subject to be a meme, relating to the decline of UFO sightings

DO YOUR RESEARCH and you will see that there is no solid foundation,

only a re-invention of UFO group with as many group titles as its members.
edit on 7-11-2012 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

UFOs will always be with us, but no-one will be interested in figuring out if there is something to be learned by studying reports of them.

Some South American countries have started getting their act together - below is an interview with Colonel Ariel Sanchez from the Uruguayan Government's UFO research office but he also mentions official investigations by Chile, Brazil and Argentina.

Interview with Colonel Ariel Sanchez, Chairman of CRIDOVNI

The Chilean Civil Aviation Department has also just recently signed an official research agreement with NARCAP (link) so that's interesting as well.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

" what we not only saw and witnessed but had direct contact with."
Can you say more about that or point me to a thread if you have one?
This subject will never die out, UFO's are are not going away unless they want to.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I for one am interested and always will be interested but I don't exactly have time to look up as much as I used to and even when I did take the time to look up it was certainly uncommon for me to ever see anything I considered a UFO. In fact among the things I've seen that I've pondered as to their origin and whether or not they were UFO's I can only ascertain based on my experience that I've ever only seen two UFO's that I would consider definitive in person. Most of my other sightings I honestly had difficulty telling if they were planes from odd angles or helicopters. When it's statistically unlikely to see a UFO it becomes difficult to motivate one self to look for them all the time. I believe, but I'm not going to waste my time looking for UFO's that obviously don't care to be seen. If they wanted to make themselves evident they would as they have in a few rare cases in the past.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

And it will always be divided - those who know and those who don't. Science has already proven that reality responds to the beliefs and expectations of the observer. To what extent can you "observe" if you lack faith and imagination? These seem to be common misgivings amongst skeptics.

I do believe there is waaay less contact happening now from 20, 30 going back even 50 years ago - just after the bombs were dropped. There is more observing with minimal direct interactions.
edit on 7-11-2012 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

ASSAP UFO CONFERENCE ..WORCESTER NOVEMBER 17th 2012 ....good luck

why say UFOLOGY is DEAD? .. IN THE MEDIA?

Or a nasty piece of attempted cynical journalism by David Clarke in this article to try
and compete with Nick Pope as the spokesman for British UFOlogy? We do not dislike
any of you both... but the UFO subject suffers when these childish media attacks occur.

UFOLOGY is not the property of any minor media article or outlet. It is experience of witness.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are not there. An advanced civilization has to have stealth or retro-projection technology to simulate invisibility. The US military is perfecting retro-projection as a type of camouflage. This proves to me that if they want you to see them they turn off the stealth mode. For an explanation of alien stealth and retro-projection technology read the book “Delta G”.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This is like some kind of propaganda? In my opinion UFOlogy is on the rise. Many people in accepted social circles are now able to sensibly discuss the possibility of UFO's and personal experiences. People who scoff at the idea of the possibility of alien life in this day and age are more likely to be ridiculed for their arrogance and ignorance.

Sure, some may say, I believe in Aliens, but not that they've reached earth. However, the majority of people who have this opinion have not had an experience that defies their normal perceptions of reality - and have not researched all the sightings that are happening every day around the world(that also show consistency, e.g orange orbs). I myself did not give a second thought to UFOs/Aliens up until a few years ago when I had my first experience of something out of this world.

It's actually mind-boggling. There are so many sightings constantly happening. More people now are aware of the UFO problem then ever before. In my country (New Zealand), there is a website depicting just this www.ufocusnz.org.nz...

If you glance down the page, about 80% of the sightings are of mysterious orange orbs. I myself have witnessed an orange orb suddenly accelerating and leaping, in two distinct arcing bounds, into the background of space. I didn't even report this sighting to this site! So imagine how many other people like myself have seen similar things and not reported it. The amount of sightings is actually ridiculous. This is just in NZ alone. All over the world the Orange Orb phenomenon is becoming more apparent.

p.s I didn't read the thread so don't flame me! (I need to up my post count so I can post a thread about my experiences :p)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join