It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster in Pennsylvania?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

I know right? I just went to that link myself to see what you were talking about; it's completely gorgeous there.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
wow!! Makes me thankful that we get the basics from local sources so it does't need to be trucked across the country. Our milk is local, our eggs from the chickens in the backyard, and our meat from a local butcher. I really feel for the people out east, life is hard enough with a storm like Sandy, let alone this.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A surf cam??? Surfers are out enjoying the sun and waves and all.

Doesn't look unusual at all, imo.

Beautiful day to be a surfer there, apparently.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

I've been fascinated by it for years. We used to live on base, and one side of the base would be getting hammered with rain, and the other was dry as a bone. It's so amazing how one minute everything is fine, the next you're underwater, or vice versa.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I love being an earth-child.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
UPDATE:

On and off rain.

Terrible winds, up to 50mph wind speeds.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's the preppers hoarding food. Greedy evil preppers went and took everything before any of the normal people could get any. They're terrorists I tell ya!

Sorry.

I couldn't help my self.
I'm just waiting for it to come up.
Sounds like the eastern seaboard is suffering from strategic transformer attrition.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnwilkesbooth
UPDATE:

PP&L called all of it's customer's and told them to expect outages up to a week.

A man fell asleep while driving and drove into the transformer. Guess what? It might be out for 3 days. Which means, Walmart's in three states won't have supplies. Target's and K-marts aren't excluded from that.

The work I did on Friday, they didn't even ship that for fear of the trailers getting stuck. So some NJ Walmart's haven't had supplies since Thursday.

On a side note, I have a weird coincidence for you.

At my girlfriends mom job, a man fell asleep while driving and hit their transformer as well. Gentex corporation. Strangely enough, Gentex manufactures military helmets, lenses, backpacks, and other clothes. So the military will be without clothes and Walmart without food.

Weird.

That is odd, what are the odds that two men fall asleep and hit two different transformers that in return cripple two major supply chains. I'm an art major so my math is horrible but I have to say those odds are pretty high.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
We're coming out of Michigan into Ohio to pick up our next load (which means we're empty, oh freaking frabjous day), and the winds are strong as hell up here. They're forecasting 40-50mph gusts tonight in Michigan, and higher in Ohio. The forecast the other day said this entire mess of a storm system would stretch from the New York area, into the Ohio Valley area. It wouldn't be quite as bad if we had a load already, but high winds and an empty truck is a disaster waiting to happen if we aren't careful.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
We're coming out of Michigan into Ohio to pick up our next load (which means we're empty, oh freaking frabjous day), and the winds are strong as hell up here. They're forecasting 40-50mph gusts tonight in Michigan, and higher in Ohio. The forecast the other day said this entire mess of a storm system would stretch from the New York area, into the Ohio Valley area. It wouldn't be quite as bad if we had a load already, but high winds and an empty truck is a disaster waiting to happen if we aren't careful.

I'm in ohio on the west side of the state, there's some pretty good wind here not a lot rain yet.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Seems very coincidental to me as well. Very false flag.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by indridcold29

I'm terrible at leaving details out of post when I post. I just try to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

Her mom's job suffered a power outage yesterday due to someone hitting a pole. That was just yesterday.

Today however, it was my job. Yes, both leading suppliers to leading consumers. Both within 24 of the same cause, a man fell asleep.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Yeah, an empty trailer vs a trailer with 30,000-45,000 worth of freight in it makes a large difference.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That's how my day started. It was mainly wind until 3-ish. Then it started raining hard. Winds as high as 60 miles per hour.

Now it's calm.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Oh yay. We're praying that the load we're picking up is heavy as hell, but based on what I found out about the place we're going it could be light as hell. And that would just suck, because we're going through the Pacific Northwest to deliver.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Judging by the sounds of your luck already, it'll probably be 12 stops of mainly candy.

Haha, just drive safe and I'll keep you all posted.

"This is John Wilkes Booth, live from Hurricane Sandy in Uniondale, PA."

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I hope everyone stocked up properly because it's a real mess over there, the whole coast is getting slammed and some of the pictures were downright scary!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FactFactor

I hope everyone stocked up properly because it's a real mess over there, the whole coast is getting slammed and some of the pictures were downright scary!
any chance you or others would post some of those pics for all to see ??
am not a facebooker so it would be cool to have them displayed here.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Atlantic City Boardwalk

Battery Park

New Jersey Pier

Town in New Jersey

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Wow, thanks for the update. I am sure some people will be able to use this information to save them some time and giving them a heads up.

I partially blame the media for this.

I was watching CNN coverage this morning and the number of times the hosts/in-field reporters said things like "Destruction", "Damage", Epic proportions and many other fear mongering terms, was absolutely staggering.

They have created a frenzy before the storm has even landed.

Why not perhaps focus on efforts to ensure public safety instead of keeping the camera trained on a boob of a reporter and a dark sky...

In most cases, I would agree with you, but this storm...this storm has the potential to be a world-changing event. Let's imagine large swaths of the NE corridor without power for a week or more, including NYC. Millions upon millions of people in densely populated areas, 4 nuclear reactors right in the path. Tens of thousands could be killed by the storm, flooding, etc. Lack of immediate access to healthcare for heart attack and stroke, injuries...looting, rioting, martial law...the domino effects of the biggest hurricane to ever hit the US could be insane.

Media scaring people into preparation/evacuation...for this one, i'll take it. Hopefully, the best case scenario is our roll of the dice, or at least not the worst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join