It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My nephew just came back from Iraq....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
(If this has been covered already, I'm sorry only got time to skim read the other replys right now)

Originally posted by aimlessly
and from what he has told me, the military backs President Bush by a staggering percentage. They have no respect for Kerry and do NOT want him as their commander in chief.
Also, I was glad to hear that most of them do not keep up with the news as they know it is just a bunch of bull.

On what grounds do they base their support for bush and dislike of kerry on then?
If they don't keep up with the news and they're stuck out in the desert in a country a long way from the U.S. How do they make a decision of this kind?
If they think the news is a bunch of bull (which it is) what do they base their decision on?
Just because the troops say they support bush it doesn't mean he should be pres, and the same goes for kerry.
And i mean no disrespect, i was in the first gulf war so i know how propagandised our troops are. I'm glad your nephew is back.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You Know Anok I also have friends that came back from Iraq like I said before, and they are older and higher rank, most of them were also extended and were no able to retire in time.

These friends are not happy they are upset and without going into detail, they said that the situation in Iraq was very scary and dangerous.

Also, we all know that the press is no allowed pass the safety areas in Baghdad.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

and from what he has told me, the military backs President Bush by a staggering percentage. They have no respect for Kerry and do NOT want him as their commander in chief.

Also, I was glad to hear that most of them do not keep up with the news as they know it is just a bunch of bull. They know they are there doing good and a lot of good things have come out of us being there.

His exact words at one point were "I don;t know who you plan to vote for, but if you vote for Kerry, your voting in the draft." I believe him.

I'm so proud he went, I am glad he's home. Hopefully we can learn from the men and women coming back this time, instead of demean their mission and courage by not giving the war it's due. We are there, get over it. We are doing a good job, and we will continue until Iraq can stand on its own.

I must say that I agree with your nephew. I am in the military, have been in Iraq, and am voting for Bush. You have mentioned that the troops overwhelmingly support Bush, I can attest to that; that is undoubtedly true.
As far as the media goes, they are despicble. By their deliberate airing of misleading and deceptive stories about the "truth" of what goes on in Iraq, they have dishonerd my fallen comrades as well as the one who are fighting.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_H

Also, I was glad to hear that most of them do not keep up with the news as they know it is just a bunch of bull. They know they are there doing good and a lot of good things have come out of us being there.

His exact words at one point were "I don;t know who you plan to vote for, but if you vote for Kerry, your voting in the draft." I believe him.

I'm so proud he went, I am glad he's home. Hopefully we can learn from the men and women coming back this time, instead of demean their mission and courage by not giving the war it's due. We are there, get over it. We are doing a good job, and we will continue until Iraq can stand on its own.

I must say that I agree with your nephew. I am in the military, have been in Iraq, and am voting for Bush. You have mentioned that the troops overwhelmingly support Bush, I can attest to that; that is undoubtedly true.
As far as the media goes, they are despicble. By their deliberate airing of misleading and deceptive stories about the "truth" of what goes on in Iraq, they have dishonerd my fallen comrades as well as the one who are fighting.

very well said

funny how when someone claims that the military supports the Commander in Chief (historical fact) - they've all been "brainwashed"...but when someone finds a soldier that does NOT support the Prez, deserts, etc - he's somehow "enlightened"

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
OK folks .........for what its worth I'll give you a couple of bits and pieces for you to digest.

BillyTheCat -- Wow. Thanks for the behind-the-scenes look, as it were. I infer from your post that you are not military, but rather a civilian operating in some capacity inside Baghdad?

Whatever the situation, keep your head down; we want *everyone* to come home safe and sound.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I am a former Marine I guess you would say, I served in the first gulf war and have many friends in Iraq right now. I can say that without question every single Military person that I know supports Bush as do I.

I'd like to take this chance to offer my thanks to all those that serve our contry in any capacity. They are the least selfish, most brave and honorable persons I know of. God Bless our troops and our Country!!!

Semper Fi

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You know, those 18,19 and 20 year olds have a choice and hopefully are intelligent enough to see what is really happening. But apparently, this woman's nephew and others in the military DONT SEEM TO GET IT. I'm pissed off at how we still have Bush supporters, supporters of the war and so on. A read a post about how we have advanced so much in the past 100 years, yet we still have wars, which in my opinion, is as primative as you can get.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
You know, I'd feel alot better about Bush(if thats possible) if he did go after N. Korea, considering that they have outlandishly have stated they will not stop making weapons of possible mass destruction. But no, Bush puts millions of people's live's at risk for nothing but money. If your nephew cannot tell that much that I feel for him, though after reading a former soldier's post, I can know see at least what's going on.

But you know what's funny, whats's in between Iraq and Afghanistan?

IRAN...hmmm interesting isnt it?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I wonder...

Since the majority of army people in Iraq are "an army of one" don't you think alittle bit of "group think" is going on over there hence the support for bush from most if not "all" of them???

And also, i'm not understanding why they would support an administration who "started" this "war" in the first place?? Sure they signed up to be in the military and what not, but that doesn't negate the fact that bush started the Iraq war...

So how could you support a commander in chief who started this war on false information, hasn't pointed fingers at the people who were in charge of the faulty information, and instead of pulling out, admitting faulty intelligence and handling the "informers" instead he tries another method... "Operation Iraqi Freedom"

Doesn't any of those guys over there smell something fishy??

Also, the kind of news they get over there is American news, which is most likely major media networks... So there you go...

now to address the troops: I support them and thank them... so let em know..

I just don't have to support an administration that's a failure... Thanks to the PNAC club... wolfowitz, cheney, rumsfeld...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I really don't give a # who the military supports. Military and politics just don't suit one another.

All I expect from the military is that they will protect us when the time comes. That they will protect the people of the United States, no more, no less.

I'm just glad to see your nephew came back alive and is now safe.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
With all due respect, if he is saying "a vote for Kerry is a vote for the draft" how much credibility can you give the guy? Now I don't think Bush is going to enstate a draft, but Kerry isn't the one wanting to see how many countries we can occupy at the same time. And while the media may be ful of spin, the daily killings aren't figments of anyones imagination. I think the fact that he says they don't follow the news says a lot. They don't know whats going on very far outside of them and by no means see a big picture. And who is giving them the information they DO have? The Military. Now if he wants to vote for Bush, that's well and good, but it's anything but a reason for anyone else to.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Military and politics just don't suit one another

Very uneducated opinon. The two are inseperable. When there has ever been military there has been politics behind it. When there has ever been politics there has always been military behind it and infront of it. All through history, since the Babylonians, politics and the military have had a mutual relationship that has remained unbroken as it is impossible to seperate the two.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Very uneducated opinon. The two are inseperable. When there has ever been military there has been politics behind it. When there has ever been politics there has always been military behind it and infront of it. All through history, since the Babylonians, politics and the military have had a mutual relationship that has remained unbroken as it is impossible to seperate the two.

Very uneducated analysis. The two may go hand=in-hand, but politics perverts the U.S. military's mission of defending the nation.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join