It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ATS Really Needs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm laughing as I type this, but I can't help myself. All too often in these debates between members it'll be going strong from both members and WHAM one member absolutely lays down the law with a statement or irrefutable fact and I can't help but think "BURN"!! Soooooo we need a "burn" button that you can click when something like that happens..... And it can shoot fire!

Haha peace!
Jake

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Jake, you're twelve, right?

Because the whole "burn" thing is totally dependent on perspective. I've seen things that I'd consider "burns" that later turned out to be complete falsities, and I've seen things that I dismissed as nonsense shown up to be valid hole punchings.

No, ATS does not need some sort of global "ridicule" setting. That's what the LOL Forum is for.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
It's a joke. you provided a good point, I should of put it in the LOL Forum. I look silly for posting this, but it wouldn't have been so bad if it was in the correct forum. Thank you.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
On a serious note, I have long said that there needs to be some sort of "OP has been refuted" flag that a moderator can set when something has been either shown to be false, or the circumstances change, in order to alert people who read the OP and immediately reply without reading the rest of the thread, including whatever post would have prompted the "OP has been refuted".

As an example, this thread: State of Minnesota bans free online education was still drawing replies of "Minnesota must be really stupid to do that" even after it was posted in the thread that the state had announced they were changing the policy. Because the thread was created by a moderator, who doesn't have the time restriction on editing posts, the thread title has since been changed, but non-mods cannot do that.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I like your idea, I imagine you've proposed it to this forum or even someone like S.O?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

Yes, like most of my ideas, it was not well received.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I feel you brother
Keep trying!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Why a "burn" button, when this is much more special...

new topics

top topics

join