It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama's time could very well be done

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I oppose many conspiracy theories but I can think of no other answer for this glaring question:

Why, with 75% of Americans supporting it, would the topic of abortion not be brought up in the debates?

Obama is pro-choice.
Romney is pro-life with various flip-flops and back-peddles.
75% of Americans are pro-choice.

This topic is a clear win for Obama and it's a very important topic that could affect every American.

Imagine if your wife had a life-threatening pregnancy and needed an abortion to save her life.
Imagine if your wife or daughter is raped and becomes pregnant
Imagine your 12 year daughter being raped and getting pregnant.

Many times Romney has stated he would work to overturn Roe vs Wade. He would appoint a conservative judge to the Supreme Court to tip the balance in favour of changing the law.

Obama could have nailed him on this and his flip-flopping on the issue (even though he remains firmly anti-abortion). Yet he didn't. Has Obama been given his marching orders?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Many times Romney has stated he would work to overturn Roe vs Wade.

Romney can't overturn Roe vs. Wade. It can be revisited by the supreme court, the decision is out of his hands though, regardless.

I would say Romney doesnt actually care at all, he is just trying to BS his way to president.
edit on 24-10-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman

Has Obama been given his marching orders?

Yes - By none other that Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, Matt Drudge, FoxNews et al., and the likes of great talk show hosts like Rush Limbaugh -
bye bye Obie
edit on 24-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Romney has stated on the record many times he supports abortion for rape/medical emergency cases. I don't know any conservatives that are against abortion in those cases. Most conservatives (including me) are against the govt funding those or any abortions.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Also let me add that I think most Americans would find Obama's stance on abortion is extreme. How so you say? Partial birth abortion as well as killing babies who survive abortion procedures and are born alive. During his brief and lackluster record as a junior senator he voted PRESENT on several bills designed to protect infants born alive during abortion or partial birth abortion procedures. It is absolutely sickening to even think of killing a baby after it has already been born.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I oppose many conspiracy theories but I can think of no other answer for this glaring question:

Why, with 75% of Americans supporting it, would the topic of abortion not be brought up in the debates?

Obama is pro-choice.
Romney is pro-life with various flip-flops and back-peddles.
75% of Americans are pro-choice.

This topic is a clear win for Obama and it's a very important topic that could affect every American.

Imagine if your wife had a life-threatening pregnancy and needed an abortion to save her life.

Many times Romney has stated he would work to overturn Roe vs Wade. He would appoint a conservative judge to the Supreme Court to tip the balance in favour of changing the law.

Obama could have nailed him on this and his flip-flopping on the issue (even though he remains firmly anti-abortion). Yet he didn't. Has Obama been given his marching orders?

I hate the flip-flopping, my wife is such a hypocrite too, she is dead against abortion.
Different story when my girlfriend got pregnant though.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Well, most Americans are concerned about the economy and not social issues. I think the real danger is if Romney wins and the SCOTUS goes 6-3 conservative. It's likely they will move on abortion then.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Exactly.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I really don't understand people who say they don't believe in abortion. I mean, it definitely exists.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is the issue where the most is at stake. Obama should have been all over the who do you want appointing Supreme Court Justices. Because a vote for Romney is a vote for more Corporations are people, overturning Roe v Wade, and a any number of corporate favorable and personhood rulings. The new feudal age and Romney will be the one to usher it in.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The reasons it was not brought up are as follows;

- Romney has been clear on his position
- Obama doesn't want to alienate the Catholic or conservative black voters which are traditionally blue collar Democrats
- There were 1.2 million abortions in the US in 2008 and by all accounts the number of abortions are in decline with the advent of new medications like the "morning after" pill. 1.2 million is a big number but only represents less than 1/2 of 1% of the US population - hardly enough to represent a major political issue when you consider the problems we have as a society.

The only reason Abortion is still a topic is because politicians can use an issue that effects only 1/2 of 1% of the electorate to polarize about 35% of the electrorate one way or the other.
edit on 24-10-2012 by beanandginger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just tried to get my wife an abortion. Turns out middle aged women can't be aborted.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Posted in the wrong thread.
Mods please delete.

edit on 24-10-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Everyone is entitled to their personal opinions. There is a big difference between having an opinion and forcing it upon others. I am also against abortion. But if other people want to do it, that is their choice.

On Tuesday, Romney made headlines during a meeting with the Des Moines Register op-ed board when he said, “There’s no legislation with regards to abortion that I’m familiar with that would become part of my agenda.”

Ryan Denies Romney’s Position on Abortion Has Changed

edit on 24-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Every time the subject of "pro-life" versus "pro-choice" comes up, we are exposed to this argument about rape victims. Below is a link to a couple of studies conducted on why women had an abortion.

Drum roll please...and the fact is...only 1% of women in the study chose to end the life of their unborn child as a result of pregnancy due to rape.

"Possible problem with my health" was cited in 12% of cases.

74 - 78%, however, said they had an abortion because "having a baby would dramatically change my life."

www.guttmacher.org...

So, the vast majority of abortions are performed on the basis of personal convenience, not on the basis of the imperatives normally used to justify the practice.

Put another way, if the law were changed to accommodate only the cases you mention, then something like 1 million fewer abortions per year would be performed in the United States.

edit on 24-10-2012 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
As far as im concerned... the topic of abortion, does not create jobs or fix this economy. This thread, along with the debate of abortion is a waste of time and a distraction.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

It was covered in the last debate. The people against it need help. Everytime i take my wife in for her pregnancy checkups theres these people protesting the hosptal. Its the law, not the hospital. Go protest at a government building. These people belong on the 5th floor.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

edit on 25-7-2014 by knightsofcydonia because: envy

new topics

top topics

join