It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Choice Of 2 EVILS Seems To Be The Dilemma, When Chosing Obama Or Romney

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I am not a political activist, nor do I frequent this forum. Politics seem like such a sham to me on so many different levels worldwide. I happen to believe that TPTB already have made the choice that suits their agenda in any country.

However, when it comes to if your vote actually matters, why would you want either of these candidates to get your vote? Sure, Obama has the fact that he is in office and has the ability to offer stability, (if you call it that) rather a continuation of his so called policies. Romney brings a different agenda that will require changing past policies, but a lot of baggage.

A Reason Not to Vote Monday, 22 October 2012 09:19 'When you vote, you participate in the theft and extortion of yourself and others. When you vote, you are an accessory to theft, extortion and all the crimes perpetrated by the beast of government. Your vote is what gives legitimacy to the illegitimate. The conclusion is inescapable: voting is an immoral act. It defies reason and incriminates the voter in all manner of transgressions -- not unlike holding down a victim while your neighbor has his way with her. It's detestable and I see no reason to ever participate in it unless I choose to be a criminal too. There are only two answers to this problem: embrace being a thief or don't vote. For me, the only answer is don't vote.' Read more: A Reason Not to Vote

[snipped per the T&C]

edit on Mon Oct 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
when ever I have to choose between the lesser of two evils while voting I use the write in Vote

None of the Above

If more folks did this and it became more public, things would really change

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

That's a nice fantasy, if votes do matter. I do not think they do, personally.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Fortunately we are not only limited to Obama or Romney on the ballot.

I recommend voters equally research the other candidates and choose one of those, or do a 'write in"

edit on 22-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211

That's because you only see the one grain of sand. Yeah, the electoral college is who casts the actual vote, but the popular vote almost always influences their decision. If 2 million people think they are just one grain of sand, and exclude themselves from voting, then the other grains get all the say.

I cannot believe how dense much of America is over this.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
To support my theory: The following story popped up this morning!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 Ordinary citizens play no role in US electoral process: Analyst Video at source Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:23AM GMT Download | Embed Darnell Summers with the Berlin-based Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD) A prominent political analyst says the US political system is founded on principles of slavery and ordinary citizens play absolutely no role in the country's electoral process. “The average citizen has absolutely none (no role in the elections). If you just reflect on the immense amount of money that’s being spent on the campaigns, two billion dollars by each candidate, that in and of itself indicates that the common man has no place, no role in the electoral process. I mean, our guest [another guest in the show] said that we don’t have control that we have lost control, well, we never had control,” said Darnell Summers with the Berlin-based Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD) in a recent Press TV interview. Summers stressed that the United states has always been and continues to be a ‘slavocracy’ as the common American has never had the power to influence the country’s political process ever since the establishment of the state. “We have a situation where the United States started as a ‘slavocracy’. From the very beginning a large section of the people living in the country, the European settlers and the Indians of course, they didn’t have any, the indigenous people they had no say in the workings of the political aspect of the United States government from the very beginning and that pattern has continued.” The analyst argued that the majority of Americans are devoid of political power in today’s America as they used to be in the past when the course of US politics was dominated by the slave owners who were also the possessors of the country’s wealth and controllers of its economy. “The slave owners they had the mass great fortunes, controlled the economy, north and south and everything was based upon that particular foundation, Slavocracy, then to what some people called democracy, however, the situation for the majority of people in the United States has remained the same - They remain politically powerless,” he said. The comments come as according to an Associated Press report published on Oct. 19 Zionist Jews are the biggest donors that finance the US presidential election campaign of both the Democratic President Barack Obama as well as his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney. As said by the report, the wealthy Jewish donors and others are financing this year’s US presidential election, on track to cost a whopping 2 billion USD, with funding of individual Democratic and Republican campaigns as well as independent, “super” political action committees working on the campaigns’ behalf. The 57th US presidential election is scheduled to be held on November 6, 2012.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Republicans and Democrats both fail the country time and time again. But each party caters to different types of folks, and history shows this time and time again.

Since the ECONOMY and JOBS is a HUGE TOPIC for this election, lets see what HISTORY reveals, shall we...

...when a Republican puppet is in Oval office, the wealthy do good at the expense of the middle-class and our economy tanks as a result. When a Democrat puppet is in, the economy and middle-class improve. It depends on what class one belongs in, as to where they should vote when it comes to economy and jobs. Its simple really.

In addition, if you are very wealthy and have zero compassion for the struggles of the lower and middle-class wage-slaves who work a million times harder for thousands of times less pay, vote REPUBLICAN. If you arent extremely wealthy and like to see things improve for education, workers, health-care, environment, retirement options, the economy, value of life, middle-class, and general safe-guards in life, then vote DEMOCRAT.

Its simple and HISTORY reveals what you need to know as to what exactly happens when whichever puppet party has the Oval office.

ITS NOT ROCKET-SCIENCE FOLKS!!!!!!!!!

edit on 24-10-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by YourWIFI

It's all a smoke screen, both parties are controlled by the same people.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It's all a smoke screen, both parties are controlled by the same people.

Sure, but the game plan is the same when one or the other is in office. What game one wants, is how they should vote...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Again, your vote does not matter in my opinion. The "elected" are appointed/designated by a smaller group of individuals that let you think your vote matters. It's all a smoke screen, this is why I very rarely involve my self in the political forum or even pay attention.

However, I decided to venture this way just one time and maintain this one thread to try and inform the unsuspecting "sheeple" to not concern themselves with the rhetoric involving any elections, it is a waste of time and energy. You would have a better chance of changing things if you did not vote and instead, boycotted every voting station.

Then they would have a very hard time explaining how someone got "elected" without any votes. That would be the way to expose this sham once and for all.

DO NOT PRETEND to vote.

That will show them.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Again, your vote does not matter in my opinion. The "elected" are appointed/designated by a smaller group of individuals that let you think your vote matters. It's all a smoke screen, this is why I very rarely involve my self in the political forum or even pay attention.

However, I decided to venture this way just one time and maintain this one thread to try and inform the unsuspecting "sheeple" to not concern themselves with the rhetoric involving any elections, it is a waste of time and energy. You would have a better chance of changing things if you did not vote and instead, boycotted every voting station.

Then they would have a very hard time explaining how someone got "elected" without any votes. That would be the way to expose this sham once and for all.

DO NOT PRETEND to vote.

That will show them.

Both of them are puppets for the same master, so WHAT PURPOSE really does it make to rig the votes at that point on a grand puppet-master level? They both are the desirable puppets anyways, so what good does it do for the puppet master to "fix" it again when it is already "fixed"? That just doesnt make any sense. Now each party themselves SURELY will attempt to rig votes, but that is NOT coming from the Puppet-Master because the Puppet-Master already HAS it the way he wants it. See?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

That's because you only see the one grain of sand. Yeah, the electoral college is who casts the actual vote, but the popular vote almost always influences their decision. If 2 million people think they are just one grain of sand, and exclude themselves from voting, then the other grains get all the say.

I cannot believe how dense much of America is over this.

if we collectively stopped voting and demanded a new system of electing officials then and only then would it make a difference. for anyone to say not voting is the problem is like saying having brown hair is the problem with cancer.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

HUH? Read what I said one more time.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
sorry. never mind. could not get it to come up. Instead here is the link to the website I saw it on.

www.davidicke.com...

I thought this was a video to see.

edit on 25-10-2012 by ascension211 because: video

edit on 25-10-2012 by ascension211 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by ascension211 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by ascension211 because: not a computer geek sorry!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what the Evils are.
What are Obama's evil deeds?
The real ones. Not the "He's gonna take our guns!"
Or "He's gonna kill my Grandma!".
"He's gonna shred the constitution!"
It's always "He's Gonna!"
Well so far in four years he's not "Gonna'ed,"
anything.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I absolutely HATE expressions like:

Better Choice Of 2 EVILS

or

Less or two evils

People need to stop repeating this nonsense. They are expressions created by the very political parties that we need to oust. They try to talk you out of voting third party by minimizing your vote to one of those candidates by saying things like "A vote for a third party is a vote for XXX." So now you doubt your contribution and decide that all you have left is to vote for one of the two main candidates so you rationalize it by saying that you'll vote for the lesser of two problems. I don't know about you but if I was incarcerated and my jailers decided to torture me and offered me the choice between waterboarding or physical torture. I'd choose escape. Sure most likely I'd fail, but man its better than rolling over at accepting my predicament. American's have become so brainwashed by the failing system that they'll rationalize supporting it so they don't have to actually put forth any effort to change it.

I repeat STOP SAYING THESE EXPRESSIONS! If you really feel there is something wrong, do something about it! Personally, IF I vote (and that's a big if since I'm seriously considering boycotting the whole thing) its going to be for Gary Johnson. I know he isn't going to win, but man at least I'm not accepting or supporting one of the two goons trying to steal our liberties away.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I know he isn't going to win, but man at least I'm not accepting or supporting one of the two goons trying to steal our liberties away.

I hate it when people say stuff like this. If you feel that way, don't vote. Which supports my statement. Not voting would send a stronger message, but it has to be a collective action by all for that to be effective.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I dont believe the votes are accurately counted anyway. So vote away. The president has already been decided. Actually the final numbers have probably been decided as well.

It will be close. Good for making people think the country is divided.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Already said that there is a strong possibility that I won't vote. Didn't you read the previous sentence?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Romneys tax breaks would probably stimulate the economy for his 4 years but at the expense of your decendents. There is no way to do what he proposes and not cut social security, education etc... other than to just add the difference to the debt.

Obama's plan is slower growth in the near term but better long term and for your decendents.

So guess we can decide if we want to live fat at the expense of America in the future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join