It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm new here, and I just wanted to ask...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hello! New Member Advocate here to help...

Here are threads on Merovingians.

Here are threads on Prior, Priory, Prieure de Sion.

Here are threads on Illuminati

Here are threads on Knights Templar

Here are threads on Freemasons

Here are threads on Babylonion Brotherhood

Though there are much more alleged secret societies, many of the others are more about power-mongering than secret keeping, so that should get you started.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes, and if you want the TRUTH, other than the ravings of loons, you might want to check out THE TRUTH

Just in the interest of fair and balanced education, you understand.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by genuineninja

of the many secrets freemasonry is supposed to contain, the biggest is the location of the gold of the knights templar.

Researchers like Drs. Caspar Gutman and Joel Cairo could probably answer your questions fairly easily.

And don't even get me started about the masonic imagery and giveaways/"easter eggs" in the script.

Master Mason, Royal and Select Master, Ko2V

[edit on 23-10-2004 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Originally posted by theron dunn
Pity, isn't it, that some folks seem to have a stated goal of riling masons?

Yes it is. Perhaps it's because they have nothing better to do with their pitiful lives.... Oh well. At least we're trying to keep the truth about Freemasonry in the open, regardless of the untruths these individuals spread about us.

Considering the silly rituals and practices freemasons get up I would be very careful before i called anyone elses life pitifull

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yes it is. Perhaps it's because they have nothing better to do with their pitiful lives.... Oh well. At least we're trying to keep the truth about Freemasonry in the open, regardless of the untruths these individuals spread about us.

Considering the silly rituals and practices freemasons get up I would be very careful before i called anyone elses life pitifull

Thank you for the unsolicited advice. But quite frankly I don't care what you would do. Honestly. I don't.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
Pity, isn't it, that some folks seem to have a stated goal of riling masons?

Why, thank you for chiming in. Have you anything useful to add to the discussion, or are you just interested in taking pot shots and trying to rile folks up?

And, just curious, but what do you think you know about masonic rituals that you feel you have a right or justification in poking fun?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
considering i was the one who was initially poked fun at, i felt right in a rebuke of my own, if the masons are indeed as they say they are then i have no problem with them, and would even consider joining.
My stated goal is not to rile masons, simply to learn as much as i can about both sides of the argument before making a decision one way or the other

besides that, is it a usual tactic of freemasons to "gang-up" on people who voice a different viewpoint than their own?

[edit on 26-10-2004 by genuineninja]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

besides that, is it a usual tactic of freemasons to "gang-up" on people who voice a different viewpoint than their own?

No. It's our practice to deny vicious attacks and ridiculous lies about our Order. Someone honestly questioning what we do (because they've heard two different viewpoints) is quite different from the vicious lies that are intentionally spread by some on this forum. THOSE guys are liars. Plain and simple. Strong word, perhaps, but I don't know what else to call someone who lies.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

No. It's our practice to deny vicious attacks and ridiculous lies about our Order. Someone honestly questioning what we do (because they've heard two different viewpoints) is quite different from the vicious lies that are intentionally spread by some on this forum. THOSE guys are liars. Plain and simple. Strong word, perhaps, but I don't know what else to call someone who lies.

Right. It is nearly ALL in the delivery. There are honest questions, and then there are attacks thinly veiled as honest questions. I call it the "back door" tactic. There have been several examples of this during the past week. Typically, a Christian fundamentalist (note FUNDAMENTALIST, for there are plenty of reasonable Christians also), asks a few questions or seems to make innocuous comments, but litters them with biblical references and contrived logic that indirectly condmen Masons, and in most cases it takes the form of comments such as "God will judge you", or the "true faith", or In Epehesians, cahpter so-and-so, such-and-such says . . . . " and other appropriations of biblical material for shameful purposes.

I have alot of fun catching these. It is, however, a very old, played-out tactic. Too easy to spot.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LTD602

Right. It is nearly ALL in the delivery. There are honest questions, and then there are attacks thinly veiled as honest questions. I call it the "back door" tactic. There have been several examples of this during the past week. Typically, a Christian fundamentalist (note FUNDAMENTALIST, for there are plenty of reasonable Christians also), asks a few questions or seems to make innocuous comments, but litters them with biblical references and contrived logic that indirectly condmen Masons, and in most cases it takes the form of comments such as "God will judge you", or the "true faith", or In Epehesians, cahpter so-and-so, such-and-such says . . . . " and other appropriations of biblical material for shameful purposes.

I have alot of fun catching these. It is, however, a very old, played-out tactic. Too easy to spot.

I have not mentioned the bible (at least in this thread lol) so i hope that i am not being put in the same category. Anything i have said about the freemasons is based on my current level of knowledge on the subject and have always left the door open for any mason to correct or enlighten.
how many mason are posting here from the UK? is freemasonry in the UK different than it is in any other country?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

is freemasonry in the UK different than it is in any other country?

While fundamentally the same...Freemasonry (note the capital "F") is different in EVERY jurisdiction. Even in the U.S.A. it's a bit different from State to State (each of which is a different jurisdicition) This is because there is no central Masonic authority.

Regards,

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

While fundamentally the same...Freemasonry (note the capital "F") is different in EVERY jurisdiction. Even in the U.S.A. it's a bit different from State to State (each of which is a different jurisdicition) This is because there is no central Masonic authority.

It's the same over here in the UK. We differ from Province to Province and even Lodge to Lodge.
Half the fun of being a Freemason is visiting other Lodges to see how they do things.

<< 1   >>

join