It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm new here, and I just wanted to ask...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I know there are a lot of secret societies that have very powerful members, but I also know some secret societies were established to protect powerful secrets, so can anyone tell me who protects what?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ok, maybe that's too outright. i want to know about the Minervigians, are they related to freemasons in any way? Through the Knights Templar and all...

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Decon]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm nothing more than a seeker of wisdom...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The stone cutters are the most powerfull watch out for them.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Very funny, I'm not a peon, i just want to know the importance of the connections to secret societies, and their connections with the history of our known world.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Decon]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Look around in the various threads for some research. Your request is very vague, and needs to be more specific.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Query: Why do so many not see that in self, soul, spirit and being their is a unity and connectivity with oneness and if a one were so inclined to open their ears unto their heartsong, that they might be surprised at what a moving force peace, contentedness and sanctuary of the soul IS the secret treasure that anyone, anywhere, anytime a person can explore in truth? Why the power searches, coveting and the need for those with little self respect or worth to falsely or by ego elevate self in a lie that truly only serves to betreay thine own heart?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
it is beleived that the freemasons were founded by members of the knights templar after they fled europe. the practice was established first in scotland (ancient and accepted order of the scottish rite) then in york, england. the initiation into the masons is similar to historical records of the initiation into the knights templar.

of the many secrets freemasonry is supposed to contain, the biggest is the location of the gold of the knights templar.

Any freemasons out there want to confirm/deny what i have typed?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by genuineninja
of the many secrets freemasonry is supposed to contain, the biggest is the location of the gold of the knights templar.

Not a mason, but I was under the impression that no one knew what the secret item was that the Templars had.
I very much doubt it was gold. I very much doubt this is a "secret" of freemasonry.

Decon~~
I second the advice that you go through the Secret Societies section and learn what you can about what has been posted. YOu'll find a wealth of information on the various groups.
The search may well answer your queries.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
According to Legend it was the Holy Grail among other things, some say the Ark of the Covernant ? who really knows. ? no one. But it makes good stories.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

it is beleived that the freemasons were founded by members of the knights templar after they fled europe. the practice was established first in scotland (ancient and accepted order of the scottish rite) then in york, england. the initiation into the masons is similar to historical records of the initiation into the knights templar.

That's a popular legend, but is only mythological. Freemasonry outdates the Knights Templar, and there is no evidence that even a single Templar ever became a Freemason.
Freemasonry was originally a stonemasons guild on the British isles; its exact date of formation is unknown, but could have existed in this form as early as the 7th A.D.
When feudalism began to disintegrate, most of the craftsmen's guilds went extinct. Freemasonry was an exception because the fraternity transformed its original character from a stonemasons association into a gentlemen's club. The Masonic Fraternity evolved even more in the early 18th century, when the degree ceremonies of initiation were changed to reflect philosophical and moral teachings, rather than purely architectural ones.
Freemasonry soon spread to France after 1717, and it was there that some Masons composed new degrees based on the legends of the Knights Templar.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ok the priory of sion, like the knighs templar, where charged with protecting the morivengian bloodline. It is said that the morivengian blood line is the bloodline form wich the anti-christ will be born. It is also said to be the blood line of Jesus Christ, and Santin, going back all the way through the house of david back to david. It also said to be the most powerfull illuminati bloodline. I dont really see that though, I see the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, and Windsors as the most powerfull bloodlines. But maybe the morivengian bloodline runs everything by means of which is unseen. Masonry, is froms knights templar priory of sion and other secret socioties. Its basicly the same secret societies evolving over time. The ones that control the world today are just desendents of the Babylonian Brotherhood.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Priory of Sion is a hoax.
There are at least a couple of threads here on ATS which show it to be so.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

it is beleived that the freemasons were founded by members of the knights templar after they fled europe.

It "is believed" by whom? I'm a very active Freemason and I don't believe a word of it.

the practice was established first in scotland (ancient and accepted order of the scottish rite) then in york, england.

Hearsay. No facts to back this up. Oh, and it's the "Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry" and in some places simply the "Ancient & Accepted Rite" It actually has German & French backgrounds...nothing really "Scottish" about it.

the initiation into the masons is similar to historical records of the initiation into the knights templar.

Hmm...That IS interesting. I've read quite a bit about the Knights Templar and don't see any real similarities to Masonic initiation at all. I wonder what a Knight Templar would have done with a 24-inch Guage or a Common Gavel when presented with it?

I guess they tell us that in a different degree because I've never heard of it.

I adamantly deny it...and hope no one steps forward to confirm it.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordRothschild
Ok the priory of sion, like the knighs templar, where charged with protecting the morivengian bloodline.

The Morivengians, huh...would they be relatives to the Merovingian bloodline?

www.crystalinks.com...

It is said that the morivengian blood line is the bloodline form wich the anti-christ will be born.

Said by whom? Do they know for sure? If not, why are they saying this?

It is also said to be the blood line of Jesus Christ, and Santin,

Good 'ol Santin. I haven't heard of him in YEARS!

going back all the way through the house of david back to david. It also said to be the most powerfull illuminati bloodline. I dont really see that though, I see the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, and Windsors as the most powerfull bloodlines. But maybe the morivengian bloodline runs everything by means of which is unseen.

Uhm...I'll have to get back w/ you on this one.

Masonry, is froms knights templar priory of sion and other secret socioties.

Again...says WHO???

Its basicly the same secret societies evolving over time. The ones that control the world today are just desendents of the Babylonian Brotherhood.

YAWN....same old tripe. Freemasonry is a Fraternal Society. NOT a Secret Society...not the Illuminati (in fact NO ONE is the Illuminati) not controllers of the world. Hell, we can't get our own members to show up for meetings, how could we control the world for goodness sake.

You obviously read a lot...but not the right stuff. Do some more homework before making silly blanket-statements about Freemasonry. It's NOTHING like you describe.

Regards

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I've done a lot of research on these things out of my interest in the interweaving webs that sculpt societies. I know a lot of you would say that secret societies do not hold power in our world, but you can't deny that they have had thier hands in many historic events. To the extent, I do not know. And that is why I am interested in the connections between these societies. I've read that a lot of the knowledge carried by the secret societies go back to the the teachings of the mystery schools of Egypt. All I ask is for people to discuss these relationships with me. This knowledge, if it really is held, would be of great importance to mankind at this point. I just need to be aware of there are connections.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
oooohhhhhhhhh, got some freemasons riled up, lol, as for people making blanket assumptions about freemasonry, if you didnt keep yourselves so secret then no-one would have to. What have you got to hide?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

oooohhhhhhhhh, got some freemasons riled up, lol, as for people making blanket assumptions about freemasonry, if you didnt keep yourselves so secret then no-one would have to. What have you got to hide?

You don't have me "riled up" I doubt you could do it. It has been said repeatedly on this forum. We DON'T "keep ourselves...secret" There is PLENTY of Masonic information out there ... on the web . . . in the library . . . in book stores, etc. etc. and it's provided by MASONIC sources. i.e. MASONS. We have nothing to hide...and we DON'T hide. Yeah...we have initiation ceremonies that are just for members, but it's nothing evil, or about controlling the world, yadda yadda. It seems to be human nature to think that if something is done secretly it MUST be bad. Well, it's too bad people feel that way...but it simply "ain't so."

I don't know any other way to put it. However I can recommend some EXCELLENT websites with EXCELLENT and ACCURATE Masonic information and run BY MASONS. Nothing to hide. Try:

www.masonicinfo.com...

web.mit.edu...

www.msana.com...

Regards,

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Pity, isn't it, that some folks seem to have a stated goal of riling masons?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
Pity, isn't it, that some folks seem to have a stated goal of riling masons?

Yes it is. Perhaps it's because they have nothing better to do with their pitiful lives.... Oh well. At least we're trying to keep the truth about Freemasonry in the open, regardless of the untruths these individuals spread about us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join