It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney will raise taxes on the rich by 1 Trillion to pay for his Middle Class tax cuts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Annee

I have to agree with you to an extent but not all Republicans are like that and not all Democrats are Crazed Liberals who want to create a Communist State! LOL!

I am not very happy with either of the choices and as I have said...I am a registered Independent. But here is the thing that concerns me....The current economy is stagnant. If we have a Cold Winter...Energy Prices will SKYROCKET! Obama has not created VIABLE JOBS and is planning to spend 450 Billion in what will be another failed attempt at Stimulus as he is not getting the Money to the Right People.

I registered Republican in 1964. I just recently changed my registration to non-affiliated.

I'll take my chances with Obama.

Honestly IMO - - if Romney is elected it will be the destruction of America.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

There can not be a recovery without job creation and Obama does not have a CLUE about this. I do not fully trust Romney Either! But when looking at what both are saying...without JOBS...people really don't care about Health Care if they can't buy FOOD! Split Infinity

The president has access to as many financial professionals as he needs.

He doesn't have to have a clue. That's a copout.

There are other factors at play. One is the "bullying mentality of the uncooperative "my way or the highway" Republicans" - - make that Right Wing Neo-Cons.

I am not going to vote for Romney just because he will get cooperation from the Republican congress.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Dear Annee,

As always, you have interesting posts. Mind a question? This one isn't a trap, or even an invitation to debate, I just want to know your opinion, then I'll fade back into the woodwork.

Honestly IMO - - if Romney is elected it will be the destruction of America.
How do you see this happening? Perhaps quickly, with riots starting on the day after the elections? Or a pre-emptive strike by the world or terrorists? Will it be economic destruction through a depression, or economic warfare by China or some other country? Cyber warfare destroying our infrastructure?

If you have an idea, I'd appreciate it. My own opinion (55-45) is that if anyone is elected, America will be destroyed, we may have gone too far already.

Thanks for your time.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

As I have said...I am not fond of either Party but at this point I believe it is a question of who has a Plan that will work. Obama has not shown me a viable plan. Romney has at the very least talked about Small Business Support.
Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

As I have said...I am not fond of either Party but at this point I believe it is a question of who has a Plan that will work. Obama has not shown me a viable plan. Romney has at the very least talked about Small Business Support.
Split Infinity

I believe his plan has been ripped apart by economists too.

Romney says a lot of things.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You have to remember that Obama had Majorities in both the House and Senate upon his election. His own Party hindered his ability to get Health Care properly constructed as inter party bickering reigned and as a President and leader of the Democratic Party...He should have squashed any problems caused by his own party...yet he did not.

This does not show me skill of Leadership. He has done some very good things and concentrating on Bin Laden was a definite A PLUS in my opinion. However...we are still in Afghanistan. The U.S. Military should NEVER be used as a Police Force. This was not completely his fault but as Commander in Chief...he must make the right calls.

As I have stated...I do not consider Obama as a bad President or anyone I consider as a Failure...except when it comes to being able to find a way to overcome both his own Party and the Republican Road Block. As President there can be no excuses. You either get the job done or not. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I could be mistaken - - but didn't Obama try to tax the rich and the Republican congress voted it down?

Or something like that?

Senate Democrats Block a Vote on President Obama’s Tax Plan

Senate Democrats today blocked a vote on President Obama’s own tax plan.

On Monday President Obama called on Congress to pass an extension of Bush-era tax cuts for middle-income earners while letting rates on wealthier Americans rise at the end of the year.

“My message to Congress is this,” Obama said Monday, “Pass a bill extending the tax cuts for the middle class. I will sign it tomorrow. Pass it next week, I’ll sign it next week. ”

So today senate Republican leadership offered hold a vote in the Senate today on the president’s plan.

July 11, 2012

abcnews.go.com...

As usual, it's the same old tit for tat game......

One side is afraid that the other side is trying to do something underhanded.

Our country won't never get very far with Congress/House acting like a bunch of 5 year olds...

And it doesn't matter who is in control. They all act childish and spoiled IMO.......

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The Right has filed a record number of filibusters during Obama's term. As you very well know a minority can stop any bill. So far the right has done everything they can come up with to slow the economy and job growth in America. Most recently by filibustering the Bring Jobs Home Act. Then there was all that time they kept attempting to sneak unrelated issues into economic bills. You know many Repubs even promised to fight Obama every step of the way before the man officially took office! Like we forgot the 'Party of No' which a name they accepted and enjoyed.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Kinda selective there arnt you? They where attempting to vote on jobs so the pushed the tax plan out of the way(which they mention in your own link, you just failed to cut and paste that bit).. Now if you fast-forward just a few days..

Wed July 25, 2012
Washington (CNN) -- The U.S. Senate on Wednesday passed a Democratic plan to extend the Bush-era tax cuts for middle income Americans while rejecting a Republican alternative to continue all of the cuts -- twin votes that help to crystallize the position of the two parties on a critical issue heading into the fall campaign.

The Democratic proposal passed in a sharply polarized 51-48 vote, while the Republican plan was defeated 45-54.

Vice President Joe Biden, the constitutional presiding officer of the Senate, was on hand to cast a tie-breaking vote if necessary.

Strategists on both sides of the aisle acknowledge that neither plan has a chance of passing both the Democratic-controlled Senate and the Republican-controlled House of Representatives. GOP leaders in the House have indicated they have no intention of bringing the Democrats' plan to a vote.

House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, pledged in a written statement after the votes to "stop the tax hike," and insisted Republicans are the only ones addressing the "threat to our economy."

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus blasted Democrats for backing a "disastrous plan to raise taxes on small businesses and job creators" while putting "their tax-and-spend agenda ahead of creating jobs."

President Barack Obama, however, said, "House Republicans are now the only people left in Washington holding hostage the middle-class tax cuts for 98% of Americans."

www.cnn.com...
edit on 22-10-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurected

I am fully aware of what went on and is still going on. My point is that as President...you have to FIND A WAY to get things done. There is always a way. The current Republican Party is a joke as it has become a Flash Point Issue Party.

The current Democratic Party is also a joke...as it has become the Party of Pointing Fingers. Well...when the DEM's had a Majority so great in House and Senate that the Republicans had no numbers or ability to block ANY LEGISLATION that Obama may have wanted to pass...what did they do...wasted this time on in Party Bickering!

I don't know what is worse...the way both sides behave or the fact that people keep re-electing many of them!
Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurected

That's what I meant by "tit for tat".....

Both sides are at fault. One thinks the other is doing something dirty and underhanded.

I merely printed that in response to the other poster that stated wasn't it the Rep. that went against Obama...

They were playing a game, the Rep. that is, testing the Dems to see what they would do knowing that they were still working on another bill.

Like a bunch of kids as I stated earlier..... you must not have read all my comment.

P.S. I'm Independent, not for either party. I did make the mistake of voting for Obama in 2008 falling for the "Hope & Change" crap....but so far, he's been a disappointment for me.

I like what another poster stated some where...I'm a political atheist.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I don't know what is worse...the way both sides behave or the fact that people keep re-electing many of them!
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I wish they would set Senate/Congress terms like the President position has.

How are we ever going to get any where with the same old stubborn Rep./Dem. officials in office????

We need a revolving door for new fresh minds and ideas but until the old ones get voted out or, hate to be crude, pass away from old age, nothing will change.

I can think of several that will never ever change and will always bicker, regardless of who is Pres....

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Ahh, atleast my example fit the idea for a comparison then! XD lol

And i read the comment, but i hadnt read the comment you where responding too so i threw in the rest of the story.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

As President there can be no excuses. You either get the job done or not.

That's BS. I don't expect anyone to be superhuman. Not even Romney.

You mean he did not get the job done that you wanted in the way you wanted.

Obama has accomplished a lot of things. Each one is important to someone.

As I've stated - - I am a methodical thinker. Obama is a methodical thinker and that is important to me.

I want solid long term plans and decisions. Not "quickie picks" to appease the masses.

As in the story of "the tortoise and the hare". I'll take the tortoise every time.

I do not support anything Romney stands for.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Our country won't never get very far with Congress/House acting like a bunch of 5 year olds...

And it doesn't matter who is in control. They all act childish and spoiled IMO.......

That's true.

I don't get it. Something needs to change.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

P.S. I'm Independent, not for either party. I did make the mistake of voting for Obama in 2008 falling for the "Hope & Change" crap....but so far, he's been a disappointment for me.

I didn't fall for that. I have no interest in emotional hype. I look/listen for things that impress me.

When Obama said he would take each issue - - study it - - and only then make an informed decision. That impressed me.

There is a list of things he said he would accomplished that he did accomplish. IMO - because he is a methodical thinker - - - those accomplishments were made with solid reasoning.

I choose to focus on what has been accomplished with solid reasoning. Not what hasn't yet.

I want to give him the next 4 years to accomplish the rest.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

When Obama said he would take each issue - - study it - - and only then make an informed decision. That impressed me.

So you admit that you are impressed by talking points?

There is a list of things he said he would accomplished that he did accomplish. IMO - because he is a methodical thinker - - - those accomplishments were made with solid reasoning.

He's a emotional thinker. It's his way, or the highway. Typical Chicago politics. I know this because I live in the region.

I choose to focus on what has been accomplished with solid reasoning. Not what hasn't yet.

I focus on what was promised and failed to deliver. To me, that equals liar.

I want to give him the next 4 years to accomplish the rest.

And I'm no fan of either Obama or Romney, but I hope Obama fails. He has been the most divisive POTUS since the Civil War.

edit on 22-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

So you admit that you are impressed by talking points?

Don't try to twist it. I relate to methodical thinking and solid decisions that come from it. Which is what Obama has done.

He's a emotional thinker. It's his way, or the highway. Typical Chicago politics. I know this because I live in the region.

His humanism is one of the things I like about him. I am also human. I have human emotions. But I also think logically and methodically. Emotions do not negate logical/methodical thinking.

I focus on what was promised and failed to deliver. To me, that equals liar.

Name one president that has delivered everything promised.

What you're really saying is - - on his list of promises - - he hasn't check yours off yet.

But you refuse to give him credit for the ones he has.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

All good points. But as a leader, you have to at least try to seperate emotions from critical thinking. It seems to me that he doesn't do this.

As I'm sure you are aware, as a leader, no matter what decision you make, there will always be those that oppose you. You can't make everybody happy.

I have to say, am I better off after four years under this Admin?...in all honesty, yes. But this Admin had nothing to do with it.

I am also looking at the future as well and don't like what I see.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Annee

All good points. But as a leader, you have to at least try to seperate emotions from critical thinking. It seems to me that he doesn't do this.

You and I most likely start from a different base perspective. We will probably never see it the same way.

I can (am very capable to) choose to see from a purely clinical perspective. But I don't choose to. Life just isn't that way.

I was born into poverty (literally a trailer park in Compton). My mom married a millionaire when I was 13. I've been on both sides of the "have and have nots". I've had opportunity to be part of the elite workforce - if I played the game. I've simplified my life - - to understand the difference between "Need and Want".

I am not an ignorant emotional airhead. I know exactly where I stand and why.

As I'm sure you are aware, as a leader, no matter what decision you make, there will always be those that oppose you. You can't make everybody happy.

No you can't.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join