It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I think we can rule out a bunker explosion due to:
The amount of time taken to report it - 7 freaking hours??! ("we cuddint fine no 'sploded bildin's at fust")
Shockwave strong enough to break windows miles away leaves no one injured at the worksite?

The pictures look nothing like an exploded munitions bunkers to me. In fact, it reminds me of the flight 93 wreck site they kept showing on 9/11.
Plume on radar doesn't match up with munitions site.

That only leaves a hundred other possible explanations but this is weird with a capital "W".

Yep I said the same thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

I was thinking the same thing and almost posted a 911 reference. Interesting. This is one of those deals where we need video footage.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Found another aerial video. Claims to have been shot yesterday (Oct 16th). It's on a news site, so visit the link: arklatexhomepage.com Note: the video spit and sputtered on me, I had to hit pause and let it buffer a bit for smooth playback.

NBC 6 News team today took aerial video of explosion site at Camp Minden. Watch NBC 6 News at 5 and 6 for detailed coverage of the explosion that reverberated throughout the Ark-La-Tex.

What you will see on the video, footage of an area that appears to be near where the explosion happened, but not the actual site itself. Also there are broad shots of the area. There is also footage of a tractor trailer parked on a road (Signals is that you?!?!
).

ETA: The video of the actual site is craptasic. This video has a higher quality and does not show the site. Hmmmm
edit on 17-10-2012 by OneisOne because: add video quality observation

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I watched the video that you linked. It played smoothly for me.
But....
Am I blind or something?
I didn't notice any signs that an explosion occurred there. Especially one that broke windows miles away and produced a 7,000 foot tall cloud of smoke (full of debris).

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
For anyone here thinking that this was just a bunker explosion, I can promise you that you are not right.

I live in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee.

My dad went out to the truck that night to get his can of skoal out of the truck. He came back in and said, "I just saw a really bright meteorite." I said, "really?" Because the man's vision is 20/400 people. Okay. Look up what it means to be twice over legally blind. My vision is 20/575 -- but I was not out there to see it. I can tell you for a fact that with my vision and without correction, you cannot see anything at all in the sky except for the moon (which looks like a swollen white blob) and only two of the brightest stars. That's it.

He did have his contacts in, but he has been complaining for the last month that his contacts need to be replaced because they're extremely blurry - and I believe him because his eyes look like they're irritated everyday.

Lawrenceburg, Tennessee - - far north of this particular event. My blind dad saw it in the sky.

Though we thought nothing of it... and my dad would not normally make a mention of such a thing and I have seen so many meteorites that I didn't think to go look.

But now seeing these stories come out, I know what he was talking about - because I found it odd that he would see, much less mention, something as common as a "meteorite" or "shooting star".

This came from the sky for a fact.

Now what exactly it is, who knows. But your bunker theory is completely and utterly stupid. He saw this bright meteorite that very same night late in the night. I did not check the clock, but I know it was around 10:30pm CDT before my wife came home from work.

So...

Because of all of the information in this thread, I am actually leaning towards WEIRD! Because a meteorite - would it burn up in the atmosphere over the period of an hour?

I think not.

What object would move so quickly that my dad thought it was a meteorite - and also be so bright. And yet also not arrive to its supposed destination until an hour or so later? And when it arrives at the destination it simply goes BOOM! and is gone forevermore?

The only thing I can come up with is an asteroid that entered into earth's orbit. And it would seem that it exploded miles above that particular area in order to cause the visions people saw in the reports. And AFTER the explosion lights were seen going up from it -- which completely follows if an asteroid blows up in the sky and pieces of it go streaking into the sky.

But then here is another thing that puzzles me a little.

Why the need for a cover-up if this is what happened? Would people really be so spooked to find out that a larger-than normal asteroid entered into the earth's atmosphere??

I really highly doubt it. People would freak out for a day and then business as usual.

So... this was followed, the whole step of the way. The story was planned ahead of time, the understanding of it was ahead of time - - so what do they intend to do with this?

Do they intend to TURN it into an alien story? Is this Roswell part two and now is the time they want to make the bold (and false) claim that this was a "UFO"?

Are they putting the bunker story out there to keep people from being too curious to check the situation out? Thereby buying time to get their story and all the evidence in order to put out the real story? (Notice how people are not really affected by the lies put forth concerning the embassy in Libya and then the change of story and attitude 2 weeks later... people justify the lies.)

Or is this really an attack from another country? And if so... how?! What object would glow from Tennessee to Louisiana, be seen to be moving so fast (over here) that it is believed to be a larger-than-usual meteorite; and why would it blow up miles in the atmosphere above only to make a "point"? This also seems ridiculous. If you're going to hit a target somewhere else, especially America; you make it count because American catches on to your game and you have to modify your method because America has already adapted.... so the "making a point" thing is useless, and I do not agree with Max's post at all -- --- especially since there is a poster who said they drove to the bunker site and there was NOTHING GOING ON. And that post was before you, Max, so you failed to pay attention.

And the other person who claims that peoples' eye-witness accounts are not credible - then why are you even here talking? If people are so darn incredible, then you are useless here and so are we and you have nothing to learn here. Move on to your desert island with your lonely self and believe only what the wind whispers in your ear then.

This event did not start initially as a bunker explosion. This is a fact. Anyone who attempts to put forth any different is either completely ignorant or they are agents for disinformation. Judge wisely.

-Tarzan

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by OneisOne

I watched the video that you linked. It played smoothly for me.
But....
Am I blind or something?
I didn't notice any signs that an explosion occurred there. Especially one that broke windows miles away and produced a 7,000 foot tall cloud of smoke (full of debris).

I just watched it too... Nothing. It lookes like they showed all of camp minden... This brings a BIIIG WTF to mind...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LSU0408

It looks like i seen a train coming out of a wooded area at 1min. in at the end.
Possibly the site?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stevie777

Originally posted by LSU0408

Originally posted by TheOtter
reply to post by LSU0408

From an emergency services perspective, it does make sense that they would have waited until morning to investigate. You want to make sure the scene is safe before you send in your firemen. Ther could have been more explosions that might have killed or injured them. You just don't know in the dark, in the woods.

On the other hand, it seems odd that they would not have evacuated the boys at the youth offernders' program, just in case.

Yesterday they said firemen were there putting out hotspots. A bunker explosion doesnt leave an oblong crater 10' away from the bunker and clear out trees and a train in a 12' to 15' path directly in front of it. It would take down all those trees...

I think the oblong crater we are seeing is the remains of the bunker..ie..the roof and all the soil has been lifted clean off and to the side and back of where the bunkers was...looks that way to me anyway.

Looks that way to me too. IF something fell from the sky, it just happened to land on top of this bunker? Come on....
I dont like the view of the cleared brush around the area though. Something is up.

Someone get to the bottom of this already!!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If you want to rule out the missile from enemy theory then don't rely on your reasoning. If it were a missile it would have been a perfect measured response to something we did to them first. The U.S. would know this and get the message.

Why are people thinking we must either accept or reject the bunker explosion? The question is How did it? When did it? and why all the obfuscations from authorities and the media. Were there 3 explosions 10 minutes apart? How many people saw the slower than average object in the sky with no tail? Was there one like it coming from the East too?

The point being.......don't get hung up on whether or not the munitions dump blew up, It most certainly did or has been by now. It doesn't clear anything up at all, or least not any of the interesting parts of this crazy event(s)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
We have send the wrong message, to that just new discovered planet at Alpha centauri . And they replied!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

reply to post by LSU0408

And that's why I posted the link.

You know they had to have recorded more footage than is in that clip. So did they edit out the actual site or is the other aerial footage faked? The most suspicious thing to me is that the other footage (from a different news station) looks like it was filmed with a 1 megapixal camera (with a serious color issue). This footage is much better quality but does not show the actual explosion site.

It only makes me wonder why??

--------------

I agree with others. Something came down from the sky that night. Don't know what it was, will never be able to 'prove' it, but that's what I believe.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My girlfriend pointed out to me this morning that her friend on facebook had a status about an explosion near where she lived in northern Cali. Anyone know if perhaps these two events are related? Somewhere near Felton I guess.
edit on 17-10-2012 by MakeSoap because: Added location

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by butcherguy

reply to post by LSU0408

And that's why I posted the link.

You know they had to have recorded more footage than is in that clip. So did they edit out the actual site or is the other aerial footage faked? The most suspicious thing to me is that the other footage (from a different news station) looks like it was filmed with a 1 megapixal camera (with a serious color issue). This footage is much better quality but does not show the actual explosion site.

It only makes me wonder why??

--------------

I agree with others. Something came down from the sky that night. Don't know what it was, will never be able to 'prove' it, but that's what I believe.

That's what I was wondering, and like you said, the footage in the crappapixel shoot only circles one small area. The newest shows the entire area, but no explosions, and no sound...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
If you want to rule out the missile from enemy theory then don't rely on your reasoning. If it were a missile it would have been a perfect measured response to something we did to them first. The U.S. would know this and get the message.

Why are people thinking we must either accept or reject the bunker explosion? The question is How did it? When did it? and why all the obfuscations from authorities and the media. Were there 3 explosions 10 minutes apart? How many people saw the slower than average object in the sky with no tail? Was there one like it coming from the East too?

The point being.......don't get hung up on whether or not the munitions dump blew up, It most certainly did or has been by now. It doesn't clear anything up at all, or least not any of the interesting parts of this crazy event(s)

Ridiculous. It would not have taken a bright, really fast moving missile a full hour to get from Lawrenceburg, TN to Louisiana - and, by the way, that means that the object was going roughly north to south for a fact. Whether it was from east or from west I do not know - I did not see it myself, but my dad saw it and why would he make up a story about seeing something that very night when everyone else DID see something? So therefore, not only do I believe him because he is my dad, but I believe him because it would have been a ridiculous miracle for him to make up a story at the same time that an event actually happened...

The enemy missile idea is utterly stupid. IT would NOT TAKE AN HOUR FOR IT TO MANIFEST from here to there.

As well, talk about an incredibly accurate LONG range missile - and just randomly blowing up in the air over a bunker at the same time as a bunker explosion... how.. fascinating...

You say, "Don't rely on your reasoning." Then you continue to "reason".

It is not reason -- it is pure unadulterated, unbiased logic. I don't even believe in UFOs - I think people are more trustworthy in some cases and less trustworthy in other cases. I think people KNOW what they saw. Now if you asked those same people who won the debate last night, they would be all over the place because of their BIAS.

There is no bias involved when people see a bright and fast object in the sky. It simply IS what it IS. And based on their valid testimony, there is no way that this was a missile - unless it is a huge meteorite like missile that was launched FROM space and it was sent on a trajectory that basically sent it circling the globe once before coming back to its target space.......................................

Yeah.

You know. This is starting to sound a little like star wars. Hm. I don't like that.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

It doesn't take a million dollar missile to blow up a bunker full of explosives. Someone with moderate technical skills and a pair of bolt-cutters to get in the fence would be all that was needed. This is no longer a federal installation, but state owned or managed property. Like many de-activated bases, it now serves industry, usually the kind you don't want next to your house. Security, if it exists, is about the same as you'd find at a heavy equipment yard.
The whole thing smells to me, but we really know so little...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This has really got me hooked. Most of these type stories seem to have some legitimate believable story within 24 hours and even the majority of people on here move on. But this...

This has got about 5 different official stories. None of which make sense and all of them vary. None of them acknowledge that hundreds of people saw something flying through the sky and apparently crashing from states away.

Maybe it was just a meteorite but there was no crater? It certainly wasn't a 'bunker explosion' i just don't see how anyone looking at those photos can even suggest it was. If i was a betting man i'd be going with some sort of 'UFO' crashing. Whether that be a plane, top secret or not or something more sinister who knows but this wasn't any bunker explosion.

Also, what was the imagine that radar caught at about 7000ft? That spherical type object? It's on a few pages on this thread but no story has even picked up on that?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I live in Princeton, La, about 8 miles away from where the "explosion" occurred. It shook my whole house and rattled the windows. I remember noting that I thought we were having a meteor shower, around 11pm. I was outside on my front porch, and saw a few "shooting stars"; fairly bright ones. I went inside, and sat down on the couch and was watching t.v. when I heard the "Boom". I have been researching this ever since, and it is my opinion that a meteorite or at least an "object" fell from the sky, and caused this explosion. Around 5am, all of the military bases had been "cleared" of any explosion, and it was being reported that a meteor hit. Hours later, many of these reports were taken down, and the local authorities claimed a bunker had exploded. Here is a link that shows one of the video clips that is now no longer available. This newscast reported on the facts that I wrote about above. Now it says that the youtube account has been deleted. The video is no longer available.
midnightwatcher.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That raises another point - what kind of news crew flies over a supposed "disaster" area and only shows a wide view and the cameraman never bothers to zoom in?

If the area is sealed off and they allowed the news crew to fly over perhaps they were instructed to not show any close-ups?

If there are methane leaks in the area is it possible it really was a meteorite that hit and set off a methane explosion so to keep the locals calm they create a fake disaster scene and blame it on the munitions plant?
edit on 17-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I was just thinking about the submarine in the gulf, and the missle that was filmed over the pacific a year or two ago, that was said to be a plane. i dont think that it is that far fetched of an idea that someone is targeting something. then what about that new tv show about some rouge military unit in a sub? the lack of response from those in charge is raising a flag . I still think they are trying to get their stories straight.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

The blast did knock the train off of the tracks. Funny, but the initial report didn't mention any of that, either.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join