It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Young girl committed suicide by social media !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
After watching this on the huffinton post I couldn't resist to place this here.
After thinking to be in love of this boy who totally ruined this young girls life , I only can say watch the video its speaks well for itself....

Why I choose the Title I think that that social media like face-book and others should have some kind of police amendment that every person that are be threatened or harassed should be given protection against the violator . And also there should be high penalties for doing so....

So I would say to social media like face-book you should place a report to the police button on your website..having daughter that age myself and know that young people who are so vulnerable to this kind of damage could protect them selfs. They have to learn from this kind of incidents because I don't know how many more will die because of this.

May you be in peace Amanda todd....

Huffington post

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Not alot of things in this world leave me speechless but....

yeah...

How things have changed over the years, especially the last ten years.

Not the first and not the last i'm afraid.

Shocking.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This incident could lead to a copy cat effect?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Thanks for posting this - as a Teacher I am aware of the push button world we have given the Children. Little boys need to be taught to respect women. I feel so much for Amanda Todd and other victims like her.

It is heart breaking that Amanda is in so much pain and that the bullies cannot leave her be. What is ironic is that the meaning of the name Amanda is - fit to be loved or worthy of love. How did we let things get so bad that we have Children destroying other Children????

Where are the parents of the bullies? Are the Police involved? I hope that Amanda Todd finds some solid support and gets on with her life. She needs to know that there are many many many good quality people on the planet she just has to let them in to her life.

What a heart wrenching story I hope the opposite of the bullying will happen now she has had the courage to post her story on the internet.

Much Peace...
edit on 12-10-2012 by Amanda5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I saw this earlier today, and honestly, I'm upset I didn't see it before she took her own life - I wonder who did see it in time, and who tried to help, if anyone?

Why didn't she get off Facebook?
Where were the parents?
edit on 12-10-2012 by Sek82 because: early -> earlier

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What amazes me is some of the comments on youtube.
How can there be any hope left when so many people lack empathy?? People are #ing laughing over her death and commenting how she deserved it.
What a sick world this has become.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

There was a court ruling in Canada from the supreme court last month Where people can go after people who are bullying people on facebook ,

A Nova Scotia teenager has won the right to remain anonymous in a court battle against a cyberbully, but the Supreme Court of Canada rejected her request for a publication ban on some details of her case. The 17-year-old high school student, identified in court documents as A.B., and her father were asking Canada's top court to protect their identities in a court order that would force an internet company to reveal the identity of the person who created a fake Facebook account with her likeness. The teenager was 15 when she discovered the fake Facebook page had been created using her own profile photo and a slightly different spelling of her name. The page contained defamatory material about her physical appearance and sexual practices. Facebook took the page down and offered up the IP address of its creator.

full article

This girl should do the same and charge these people. I have known a few people who have gone threw this kinda cyberbullying before . I really don`t know why governments don`t enforce these kind of laws . Abuse of people is abuse regarless of online or in the workplace or anyplace .

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If your suffering from depression then don't watch this.
Too much for me, I feel so much for her and her family.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I hope that Amanda Todd finds some solid support and gets on with her life

I wish she could , but she committed suicide.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Sad....

Applying a permanent solution to a temporary problem is a lousy way to deal with life. She was a pretty girl that I'll assume had a kind heart and people who really loved her. This is the dark side of the Modern world and technology. I'm sure had she kept her head held high and moved on from this incident that in a few years this would have all blown over and be forgotten.

RIP

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I've said it before and i'll say it again, this world would be a much better place without Facebook

RIP
edit on 12-10-2012 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Yes - I didn't realise when responding that she had already committed suicide. All the more heart breaking when I flick through the internet news and see Amanda Todd making headlines. If only her story could have made the headlines before she sank into absolute despair.

All I can say is Amanda Todd - rest still in the arms of a loving Universe where your Spirit will be at peace and be safe. Please guide us in Spirit so we can make sense of this mess. We as a global community are diminished by the death of Children particularly when we, as a global community have failed to protect the vulnerable. My heart weeps...

Much Peace...to Amanda Todd and all people who are driven to suicide...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is just heart-wrenching. Thanks to social media, kids can continue to bully children even at home, there is no rest from it, and pictures taken during a weak moment can be used against you even years later.

It used to be that, if you had bullies, at least when you got home, you could get a break from them. There is no more breaks, and the amount of cruelty and nastiness seems to get worse every year.

I have an old friend who had a daughter, 14 years old, bullied and tortured to the point where she didn't want to go to school. Her parents told her to just go and shake it off. Instead, she hung herself in her closet with a scarf. Her parents found her hours later, dead.

It has always angered me that we require children to go to school, where many of them are bullied, beat up, and psychologically tortured every single day. Our schools are like zoos, and many of the children are like pack animals who gang up on the helpless and get their jollies from giving emotional abuse.

I would like to see every kid who is caught bullying have to wear a big sign during the entire school day that says, "I AM A BULLY. I AM NOT ALLOWED TO SOCIALIZE SO DON'T TALK TO ME. MAKE FUN OF ME, I DESERVE IT." Then let all the other kids pick on them, let's see how they like it.

Also, those on Facebook who have been proven to be bullying and harassing be permanently banned according to their IP address.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It wasn't a temporary problem in the way adults would look at it though, as a teenager your emotions are through the roof, you worry about the future and the fact that this caught up with her, even after moving towns and years had passed, is enough to cause this atrocity to happen.

Bullying is a big 'no no' in any way shape or form.

All it takes is a weak minded or strong minded person to be bullied or humiliated and the idiots youth of today will pounce and won't let the victim forget it, alas, the weaker minded (and maybe less popular), will find no way out?

Do your best to prevent bullying, look for the signs

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Right... The police came to her door at 4am to alert her, that a picture of her boobs had been sent out..... What a dramatic idiot. I dont care if she killed herself or not, this video is stupid.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother
It wasn't a temporary problem in the way adults would look at it though, as a teenager your emotions are through the roof, you worry about the future and the fact that this caught up with her, even after moving towns and years had passed, is enough to cause this atrocity to happen.

Yes, I know, I was a teen once upon a time.
I remember. But looking back now as an adult it was temporary.

Bullying is a big 'no no' in any way shape or form.

Agreed.

But it's nothing new. Only the way it was announced is. Before facebook and any other sort of social media teens were taking their lives for a whole host of reasons including bullying.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It is so sad when someone does this.

Being said.now what a terrible thing to happen..

The outrage should be the blaming of others for this mentally unstable persons
actions. No one held a gun to her head and made her kill her self.

Am I happy" hell no.

I am sick of people not taking personal responsibility.

If it wasn't this issue the lady killed.her self over it would be another one.

Social media.did not kill this girl SHE DID

I wish she could of got the mental health help she needed.

Maybe she was.already on anti psychotic medicine
proving she is sick in the head..

Originally posted by Catacomb

If you do not understand that people in this world are different from you, and cannot take something that you can take, then you are the one who is weak minded.

Instead of.watching this youtube.video
read.this.womens.diary
The Diary of Anne Frank
en.wikipedia.org...

The Diary of a Young Girl is a book of the writings from the Dutch language diary kept by Anne Frank while she was in hiding for two years with her family during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands. The family was apprehended in 1944 and Anne Frank ultimately died of typhus in the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. The diary was retrieved by Miep Gies, who gave it to Anne's father, Otto Frank, the only known survivor of the family.

She didn't kill herself and she wasn't coddled
and she watched her whole.family be MURDERED

Act like I am some.bad guy.. Get a clue

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Dont feed the trolls.........

When it happens to someone he loves, he will cry out "Why didnt someone do something, What is wrong with people , why did they do this!"

And all his bravado will go out the window

Ok now your going to bully me and call me names like *troll* for my opinion.. Be careful someone might kill themselves over that. Since shes a beautiful upper middle class white girl who
made a youtube video before killing herself
makes me so sad inside because people like Anne Frank never
did anything to bring what happen upon themselves and over half the people
watching this youtube video dont even know who she is.. Very on topic and very disturbing.
Proceed to berate me and call me names hope you all feel better.
For everyone else there is always hope NEVER give up like this girl.
Do what Anne Frank did and FIGHT for your life and family.

edit on 12-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

What amazes me is some of the comments on youtube.
How can there be any hope left when so many people lack empathy?? People are #ing laughing over her death and commenting how she deserved it.
What a sick world this has become.

Whats even more funny is people blaming facebook... Anyone that commits suicide gets no pity from me, a few of my so called friends killed themselves, and after they did it, i have a hard time even calling them friends. Selfish idiots

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I also wished she did that.But thats more spoken from the adult side of view, Those kids are so destructive to them selfs and to other kids , that they should be protected by the governments that let this happen. you almost would would give some sort of minimum age of entering social boards. But I know that allot has to change within these boards to secure the user.
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Right... The police came to her door at 4am to alert her, that a picture of her boobs had been sent out..... What a dramatic idiot. I dont care if she killed herself or not, this video is stupid.

WoW buddy you are sad individual . People like you should have no place in our society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join