It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borat Is A Religiously vilifying and racist Creation...so why is it not banned?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

So as a Caucasian if I cover myself in shoe polish and dress up as a black man I am being racist... That is plain daft.. As a people we should celebrate the things we have in common and our differences. From within that comes a strength.. Its satire.. If anything I would say the film Borat is racist towards Americans... I really do not get where you are coming from.
No offence you sound to me like an over sensitive white man...

Exactly. The movie Borat pokes fun at the American way of life more than anything else. Remember that rodeo scene with the national anthem?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

You really have to understand his history, and pay attention to his three mainstream movies to notice that many jokes go straight after one group, and they go for the jugular (wearing brown face and calling them terrorists).

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

Sorry I didn't remember one line from a movie I saw one time.
I think it's been made more than clear that I am not a fan of his work, because I am not partial to racist movies.
edit on 11-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by mr-lizard

Ali G. I don't know, I never watched his show, but my friends did. I am not trying to cry overblown conspiracy theory, but it is pretty obvious with this guy. Why would he try to do such a thing to a respectable guy like Ron Paul of ALL people. Have you seen his movies?

Do you know why he did that to Ron Paul? did you even watch the movie, he was trying to get popular by sleeping with an official, and that is it. it had nothing to do with Ron Paul or Jews or even Muslims, It is just a movie that showed peoples stereotypes against others, he did not create any or do something new and terrifying people have never seen before, he just took all of the good jokes put them all together without sugar coating it.

I mean his an actor slash comedian, he gets paid to be an asshole just like C.K Louis, Dave Chappele ect ect....
If you got offended by his movies and shows, that means you believe in what he says, and share the stereotypes he depicted against others.

Just to let everyone know, Jews have always been killing and making fun of JEWS, and that goes for every other race and culture out there.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Are you doing a goofy imitation of how you think black people talk, and doing some stereotypical action?

How does one "dress up as a black person?"

You are downplaying this. I can't prove my point forever though. If you like read the article I posted pages back, watch the video I posted, where he is calling a Palestinian man a terrorist and acting like he is in danger when the guy was really just a Palestinian business owner. Also Palestinians can't really be lumped in with the likes of al qeada and the terrorists. Also, he did that in Bruno, a movie that had nothing to do with Arabs or Muslims.

You guys are ignoring the obvious. Have fun with it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
Can someone point to a piece where Mr Cohen parodies the right wing zionist war mongers with the same relish as the creepy racist xtians or muslims?? I would like to see that. It has been mentioned that he makes fun of Jews too. OK, Jews are not zionist warmongers.

Anybody??

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

You guys are truly naive.
He was doing it to try to get a politician to do something that would cause them trouble poltically. Ron Paul thought he was there for an interview and SBC took off his pants and started putting his hands on him. A US congressman that he way crossed the line with. He was trying to get him to hurt himself. Why did he pick Ron Paul? Tell me why you think that is? Perhaps because Ron Paul doesn't support aiding Israel and going to war with Iran and SBC is a Zionist? I would bet my life's savings on it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

If there was true justice then he would be charged as an anti-semite,
. . . oh but he's 'special'

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

No of course not, no one has an answer. Imagine if a popular Arab actor did this to Jewish people in a mainstream American movie. There would be hell to pay. It's a double standard.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

reply to post by purplemer

Because he is parodying a man from a majority muslim country? It's pretty obvious. Also we are not arguing over whether he is a Zionist or not that is pretty much established as he was a member of the Jewish Labour Zionist youth movement called Habonim Dror.

Why is it wrong to parody a muslim man?

Are you saying muslims have no sense of humour? What about jews?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

He's not an anti-semite though. He is Jewish himself of Isreali descent and a Zionist. He is racist against Arabic and Muslim people, aswell as Palestinians.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You are just trolling.
Why is it wrong to put on blackface and eat watermelons and fried chicken? Because it's a racist stereotype. The same thing that Cohen does in his movies, but it;s accepted because we have been at war with Muslims and we are tight with Israel.

You guys can go on and on justifying this racism because you like the movies and think it's funny, but it wont change what it is. I really am done.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You are just trolling.
Why is it wrong to put on blackface and eat watermelons and fried chicken? Because it's a racist stereotype. The same thing that Cohen does in his movies, but it;s accepted because we have been at war with Muslims and we are tight with Israel.

You guys can go on and on justifying this racism because you like the movies and think it's funny, but it wont change what it is. I really am done.

I'm NOT trolling. I've been on this forum for far too long to be kicked or banned from trolling.

Do you think muslims and jews have no sense of humour?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

And since we're asking questions - you claim to be a comedy fan.

What are your top three favourite satires?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Again I ask, would you say that to a black person in defense of a movie that stereotyped them.
I am not saying there aren't funny moments, I am saying there ARE racist moments and A LOT of them against Muslims and Arabs. It's SBC's preferred target. There is no denying it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by XaniMatriX

You guys are truly naive.
He was doing it to try to get a politician to do something that would cause them trouble poltically. Ron Paul thought he was there for an interview and SBC took off his pants and started putting his hands on him. A US congressman that he way crossed the line with. He was trying to get him to hurt himself. Why did he pick Ron Paul? Tell me why you think that is? Perhaps because Ron Paul doesn't support aiding Israel and going to war with Iran and SBC is a Zionist? I would bet my life's savings on it.

Because Ron agreed to take the interview, and again, IT IS A MOVIE, IT IS HOLLYWOOD, believe nothing you see and half of what you hear, everyone in that movie KNEW that they are filming a movie, it's all fake, why would anyone even take it seriously, how about Arnold huh? he killed thousands of people in his movies, does that make him a murderer, is it some agenda to make our kids take steroids and carry huge machine guns? I mean common, it is a comedy, if Ron Paul was not there it wouldn't have been funny, and that movie didn't even hurt him in the future, because even Ron knows it was all staged.

And no he was not trying to hurt Ron Paul he was doing it to increase his fame, because he even says that while planning a way to do it.
edit on 11-10-2012 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't know. Dr. Strangelove is probably tops. I like dark comedy, but comedy isn't my favorite genre. If I want to watch something laugh though I would probably choose a television show like Arrested Development over anything else.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

binashah.blogspot.com...

Sorry if this has been linked, it's a parallel discussion to this thread!
As to the OP, nothing should be banned, free speech and all. I'm happy to offer a critique of anyone with an agenda.

He's too smart to not know what he's doing.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard jews have no sense of humour?

This is NOT humor, it's obviously bigoted but he can get away with it
because he is a 'special' kind of idiot.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by jeantherapy

You really have to understand his history, and pay attention to his three mainstream movies to notice that many jokes go straight after one group, and they go for the jugular (wearing brown face and calling them terrorists).

This is the most relevant type of comedy; you can't turn on a tv or pick up a newspaper without reading about the abject insanity. Terrorists here, terrorists there, the terrorists seem to be most everywhere!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join