It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorow 11-oct-2012 sirens of war will sound in Athens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Maybe it just is a test, just in case something happens and Greece gets involved, they have to come prepared after all. Be careful man! And good luck! Hopefully it all goes well there.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

And of course we cant cut our army cause how will Germany France and USA will sell their weapons to us?

I would appreciate if people could stop blaming France and Germany for the state Greece is in.
Because you sound like Greece has no self determination. Greece decided to buy weapons.
Even if the next credit allowance was linked to buying weapons, Greece is a sovereign country and can still flip the bird to whomever tries to force it do something, no?
This is a typical south European approcah (in France as well) to find a scapegoat for any of your issue and blame the others rather than looking into what went wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I am not "attacking" Greek people here, rather your past & present governments.
Because as usual they decide and the people at the bottom suffer.

I personnally have another theory, is that Greece also holds Europe by the balls: if Greece leaves the Eurozone, none of the loans to Greece will ever come back to Germany, France, etc., leaving a huge gaps in the Europeans countries (well, technically the banks, but we all know what happens when banks claim they have no more money), and then next to be specualted on is Spain. Then after Spain comes Italy, then after Italy, probably France.
So, Europe cannot afford to let Greece out of Eurozone, so Greece (government) can "play" with Europe.
And as far as I know, the Greek government is not really affected by the crisis in their way of life.
It is as usual rather the people who suffer, and I feel for them.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hey heres a thought. Maybe Israel will invade Greece. Didnt they a couple of years ago fly a heap of fighters to the Greece islands, on a training bombing run. And aint they disputing a oil feild or something.
Also they might be feelling a bit surrounded by enemies. I douht this will happen. But just putting it out there.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
You are getting scared for nothing. The war between Ellas (the correct name of Greece/Hellas) and Turkey won't happen any time soon.

For centuries now saints of the Orthodox church have spoken through their prophecies about our near future. The most modern of these prophecies were told in 1992-1993 and in 2002 or 2005(not sure which of the last years is the correct but one of them is). The saints spoke about the economical crisis many years before it happens. They spoke about the war in Syria and mentioned "When you start hearing about Syria, start praying". They spoke about the upcoming world bankruptcy - which will happen between December and January- and how this situation will last in Ellas. They said that 6(six) months after the world bankruptcy will happen the war between Ellas and Turkey (so we have to wait that the war will happen this summer in 2013). And the gave specific details about the war.

In the beginning Turkey will take 6 miles of land inside the Ellenic territory. However, this won't last long cause Russia will engage the war. Together Ellas and Russia will capture Constantinople (named Istanbul in Turkish) and Turkey will be defeated.

But this will result, the descedants of the Catholics that captured Constantinople on the 13th of April of 1204 to fight against Russia. This will result the beginning of the WW3 (it will happen in 2014). Ellas won't fight this war at all! Before the war begins Russia will have conquer all the land until Israel including it. Then the west will fight back and the war will happen in the territory of the Byzantine 's Empire. Half of the US forces along with Germany, GB and more countries will attack Russia from the west, while Japan and the other half of the US forces will attack from the east. The war will be devastating and as a saint mentions "The war will have seven hundred millions(700,000,000) of dead man in three(3) days"! Apocalypse of John mentions about this war and as it says that it will last 42 months.

Finally, we reach 2017 when the war will end having no winner, as the prophecies say. At that time the only thing that prophecies say is that Constantinople, Pontos and Ionia will be belong once again to Ellas. Turkey will be split in three, one part will go to Ellas, one will go to Armenia and one to Kourdistan. One third of the Turkish populace will die on this war, the other one third (who has Ellenic roots) will become Orthodox Christians and the other one third will go back to Mongolia.

At 2017 ends the period of wars between humans and begins the period of wars between the humans and the races that live currently inside Earth until 2030 when everything should come to an end.

After a long study i made for 12 years now i have to say that everything that the prophecies mention are true so far. I am waiting and preparing for the upcoming years. You should think of it and act soon.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KarmaComa

If you search the political facts of the last 100 years in Ellas (the correct name of Greece) you will understand that only 2 times Ellas was guided by an Ellhna (Greek) president. All the others were nothing but US agents or Hebrew agents, generally they were Masons either from the US or from Israel ( i mean with US and Hebrew roots/fracture). This is the truth they 've been hiding. Our previous president comes from a American-Hebrew family. Nowadays president comes from Hebrew family. Facts are facts, you can't deny them.

It 's people fault that elected them, but nobody knew back in time about their true identity. They didn't make anything for Ellas, everything was against. Closing, Bloomberg 2-3 days ago had an article which mention that Ellas could be the number one producer country of gold in Europe until 2016! As i said, facts are facts you can't deny them!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Airstrike siren tests are common on all countries. Usually those sirens are pretty damn old and are known to break.
In my city theres a siren test once every 6 months.
How does one test a siren without causing panic ? That why people need to know that its a test and not an actual war starting.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It's all good and well saying that Greece has too large an army but has anyone ever stopped to wonder why?

Self Defense? From who, the Russian's (who have major religious ties with Greece), the Turks (who are member of the same alliance), Iran (who are Greece's largest oil seller), Syria (who are in the midst of a civil war and lack major power projection), Europe (who have Greece in a economic death grip)?

My thoughts; The EU (France and Germany mainly) are shelling out billions to keep Greece afloat so that they can pay back the bond holders in said countries and to keep their military-industrial complex producing massive amounts of arms.

If war is coming (and everything seems to be pointing towards a coming conflict) then Greece simply isn't spending enough on their military. If it evolves in a global conflict (as many people are predicting) then 100,000 men isn't going to withstand the Russian, Chinese, Korean, Syrian and Iranian military power. On the flip side, if they join the 'East' against Turkey then they will not have enough man power to strike Turkish, Italian, British, French or American forces. I think Greece is just a fall guy if war ever heats up. They will undoubtedly be drawn into the war and no matter which side they join; 100,000 men will simply not be enough.

Ireland (4,500,000 people) has a total armed force (Paramilitary [IRA, INLA etc], Active and Reserve) of something like 30,000. If war erupted we would be dragged in (geographical proximity to Britain, cultural-economics ties with America, Britain and China) and 30,000 men wouldn't cause a dent in any war. We need a serious increase in military power (30,000 ----> 60,000 men, 8 Destroyers ----> 15 Destroyers and a light Carrier, 50 ----> 1000 air craft) would be enough to secure regional security but in our current state we wouldn't last a week in a war.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Is it true Iran is buying up foreclosed land in Greece? And Greece is in large debt to Iran?
Cause if that's true I wouldn't feel comfortable owing and being owned by a country that has no tolerance and elects president that is a loon! But that's just me.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
According to the news for some reason the sirens of an airstrike will sound as a test drill tomorow 11/10/2012...

Now call me crazy in my 31 years i live in athens not ONCE has this happened before.
Putting in pieces the situation with our neighbour country Turkey and Syria... plus Greece being in NATO... it only makes me feel something deeper is going on here.

Just wanted to share these news with the rest here and I guess we can only speculate if and when the # hits the fan.

Sirens drill athens

you can translate the article with Google translate although it will suck.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Alda1981 because: typo

So did the sirens go off and did anything weird happen that day?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Don't u think that sometimes it's better to check before we write? We can talk for ages abour Greece, wars, politics, whatever, but dear topic starter u should just be a little bit more careful! First time in 31 years of life that u hear air raid sirens in Athens? And how about this link from 2010?

www.youtube.com...

It's common practice, at least the last few years, to test the air raid sirens. Don't know why, it's another story... But a "it's the first time" line can trigger a completely different approach to a matter which is actually known for some years.

After this and all the comments that followed, i guess "once per year" is again... the greek way to test something
I've been in Prague and heard the air raid siren, which made me # my pants. I was in the castle, right under the siren and i couldn't stand it. I didn't know there's testing every month in USA, so pls... Once per year in Greece? Come on: laziness

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Several days ago the air strike sirens sounded in Bulgaria too. There were also airplanes flying over and spraying different colors of vapors... My mom actually thought it was chemtrails they were spraying to get everyone poisoned hahaha! Anyway, it is just testing of the systems and that's all.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
That is scary because Greece knows they are in deep trouble with the economy and are preparing for the worst.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sending light your way, hope peace prevails, tune into the goodness that surrounds you in the little piece of paradise you live in.

Be well, don't let them put fear in your heart. Keep that area clean and clear so you can face with full consciousness whatever may come and be a strong example to those around you.

In 'this' moment, everything is alright, in your deep breath is silence and bliss.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Just a part of the grand scheme.
The scheme is running out of options.
The Ouroborus is beginning to eat itself full circle.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

Why all this mess and confusion for just a test that happened in all cities in Greece? Greece has been through a lot for centuries but is still here. So guys no worries !
Sometimes things are not as shown in your TVs!
edit on 13-10-2012 by jiannisk because: no reason

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What is the big deal? here in holland the sirens go off every first monday of the month at 12:00. wheeew wheeew.
We allways say as a joke this is the best time for anyone to attack Holland because no one will care.

actually every neighbourhood has a siren tower!
edit on 13-10-2012 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Did they sound?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilian51378
Several days ago the air strike sirens sounded in Bulgaria too. There were also airplanes flying over and spraying different colors of vapors... My mom actually thought it was chemtrails they were spraying to get everyone poisoned hahaha! Anyway, it is just testing of the systems and that's all.

That means they are preparing for an military invasion, assault, you dont turn on sirens of war unless you know a war is coming and let alone airplanes flying around.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

That means they are preparing for an military invasion, assault, you dont turn on sirens of war unless you know a war is coming and let alone airplanes flying around.

Really? Are the Russian coming? If you have a warning system in place then it is nothing out of the ordinary that a country chooses to test it. Bulgaria is no different to many other countries.

Bulgaria Tests Siren System in 10 Cities

The goal is to make a check of the technical state of the sirens and for the citizens to be aware and able to recognize their sound.

www.novinite.com...

Bulgaria's Civil Defense reminds that the system must be tested twice a year – on April 1 and October 1.

www.novinite.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join