It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sixth grader gets third eye in school picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

When Swedish sixth grader Tilde Nörgaard opened her recently-delivered school class photo album, she was shocked to discover her picture showed with one eye too many.

“First everyone was laughing, Tilde too, because we thought it was funny,” Tilde’s sister Anna told The Local.

“But then we noticed it made her sad and we realized it was actually quite bad that they never noticed the mistake.”

The photo-fixing foul-up was discovered following the distribution two weeks ago of the annual photo album for students at Månesköld school in Lidköping in central Sweden.

According to Tilde, there was nothing unusual at the actual picture-taking session, during which the photographer took several snaps of each class at the school.

But during the processing of the pics, something went wrong, resulting in a third eye placed in the middle of Tilde's forehead.

Speaking with the local Nya Lidköpings-Tidningen (NLT), Tilde explained the obvious mix up left her "a little angry".

The photography company responsible for the catalogue, Skolfoto Norden, had "no good explanation" for the apparent case of wayward digital manipulation took place.

"When we went back and looked at the original picture no one had their eyes closed. There wasn't anything that might need correcting," head of photography David Nabb told The Local.

He explained that when students in school pictures have their eyes closed, the company "in emergency situations" sometimes retouches the images by digitally cutting and pasting an eye from another student in the picture.

Despite being unable to explain how Tilde received a third eye in her school photo, the company nevertheless offered her 1,500 kronor ($225) in cash as compensation for the mistake.

“She will probably just go shopping with the money,” Tilde's sister Anna speculated when asked what her sister might do with the money.

In addition, Skolfoto Norden plans to send out a corrected version of the catalogue in which hopefully all eyes, arms, and ears will be found in the right place.

"Things like this just can't happen. But in this case it did. It's really embarrassing for us. I'm just happy that Tilde seemed to have taken the whole thing well," said Nabb.

Sanne Schim van der Loeff

Source: The Local

Just look at that creepy picture!

Did the camera pick something up by accident? Just a freaky accident in the photo lab?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy how?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well, she could have ended up with a # on her forehead. That would have been a lot more embarrassing, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
An inter dimensional being peeking into our dimension...lol

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Forget about conspiracy, how is this even considered news?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by curme

It looks just like her eye. I don't know how it got doubled to her forehead, but it def looks like her eye. Camera mishap I suppose?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, if anyone ever doubted that even school level photos are photoshopped for appearance and cleaning up little "faults" in the faces and people....this ought to remove all doubt.

Looks to me like someone was touching up her left eye for the image quality and got sloppy on the mouse move..just before closing out and saving. Just my guess, especially since the eyes seem to be the same.

I'll bet it's a touch awkward now to have to explain to all the parents how and why all photos get retouched..and how it really really IS standard procedure and likely has been since they had the tech to do it. Hmmm...

Someone needs their Photoshop priv's taken away for awhile though. They need more practice before working on something that matters.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am thinking double exposure someone should fire the photographer. A Pro shouldn't have made a mistake like that.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Not double exposure. It's a photoshop mistake. A double exposure wouldn't just clone one eye. I think they've edited another class photo before loading this one in and forgot the eye layer from that or something.

[Edit to add] Also the news value of this is non excistent.
edit on 9/10/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Back on Scumdogia in Sytnthowomb 5, we call that a 3rd input.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Obvious accidental click with the clone tool in photoshop imo.

Only coincidence would be that it's her eye, but when it comes to how, I'm going with the clone tool. Used it a lot, and I had this happen accidentally many times

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Chinese lantern or lens flare.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Definely a Photoshop error. Somebody doing postwork on the yearbook screwed up. Looks like a copied section put on a new layer got inadvertently moved. Either that or some intern was really bored and did something for laughs, not realising it would make it all the way to print without being caught and corrected. (Some schools even let students do part of this, like yearbook comittee or whatever. Plenty of room for silly hijinks if that's the case.)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
shes's a witch !!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Looks more like a sun dog or a bokeh to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Might as well say swamp gas before someone else gets there >.>

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

Originally posted by Xaphan

Might as well say swamp gas before someone else gets there >.>

I'm surprised nobody has shouted Nibiru yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Isn't there a theory that the camera can pick up supernatural things that the human eye cannot? Then again, photoshop mistakes happen too.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by curme

its amazing what people " want to believe " when they see pics like this - photo shop is obvious - look at the shirt above her left shoulder [ the top right of the pic - for idiots who will look in the wrong place ]
edit on 13-10-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join