It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein letter calling God a "human weakness" to be auctioned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I had heard of this letter before I believe, but I hadn't heard the details revealed in this article. Apparently Einstein called the bible "childish" and god a "human weakness". I wonder why these views haven't been much publicized before? This should put to rest the ridiculous claim by christians that Einstein believed in god (he thought the universe was god it seem).

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh I wish I could have that. hopefully someone will do transcripts and publish them to the internet. I'd love to use that letter to counter the bs story of how a Christian somehow manages to convince Einstein that God exists.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

it was posted yesterday

here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Damn it I want to say that one of these days!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Einstein's historic 'God Letter' written shortly before death up for auction — opening bid set for $3 million

www.nydailynews.com...

If anyone can translate German to English, here is the picture of the letter itself in its entirety:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

3 million???

I think Einstein would have more than a letter to write about that...

But when models used in Star Trek movies sell for 100's of thousands...

Or a plastic fake flute used by Patrick Stewart in TNG sells for $22,000...

There're people that collect everything as long as it has famous name attached to it. Personally, I think it's motivated by fears of death and fears of being forgotten afterward by the world.

On the other hand, a letter written by Einstein is cool. So is the plastic fake flute. In fact, I'd say that the flute should demand a similar price. It too tells a story and has historic value.

This sums up part of the reason the fake flute sold for $22,000:
... maybe most of the reason.
edit on 10-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"When I read the Bhagavad-Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein

Stick that in yer pipe!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Einstein made a glaring error in his statement and letter. Goes to show that no human is perfect no matter how 'intelligent' they are venerated as.

Reading the Biblical texts, it would have took a SUPERMAN, to be able to dictate what he termed as 'mere stories'. Flowing timelines, moral ethical themes relevant even in our societal conscious times, as well as even heathy lifestyles to be adopted, proven true today with our advancements in science, etc.

If he was an atheist, he would subscribe to the the ridiculous Darwinian theory of evolution from apes. Isn't it amazing, that apes could create moral and ethical guidelines for its kind to know civilisation to progress and evolve? If what he said was true, then it is not weakness that this seemingly intelligent buffoon is boasting. It is the strength, of not man, but his ancestor - apes.

Time to visit the great apes in Congo and see their spaceflight programme, or will I be disappointed that they could not even still figure out a way to build a house to protect them from their environment which we homo sapiens had evolved far from such intelligences?

$3 million dollar auction for his stupidity and paid by fools? Lol! I will gladly share intelligences and rationality for FREE, and quick to point out that intelligence is of no exclusivity from me, and there are far more intelligent humans than me who would share freely, as they had done for millenia.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You would think that if the letter had THAT MUCH value that the Germans would be the first nationality to buy it and store it in a box inside a warehouse labeled TOP SECRET.

Obviously there is something flawed about the letter so I highly doubt that someone would be dumb enough to buy a piece of paper with some writing on it for $3M.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Heh, this reminds me of that scene in There Will Be Blood...

edit on 10-10-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

top topics

join