It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

This country does not just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top," Obama said, according to a rush transcript of the remarks. "It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy does not grow from the top-down, it grows from the middle-out.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Yep sure don't believe anybody is entitled to success, just the middle class by attacking those who employ the middle class.

They believe in a country where hard works pays off? Really? Think anyone who becomes rich got their by sitting on their couch putting in 40 hour work weeks, getting holiday pay,triple time, getting 4 weeks of vacation ?

Hard work is what it takes to become a one percenter, hard work is what it takes to stay a one percenter.

A one percenter does not sit on their butts, and wait for a fair shot to be handed to them, they make their own

That freaking fair share garbage,and it is garbage they are already putting more in to this country and their own lives so some marxist can set up on his pedestal looking down on those who took their own lives in to their own hands.

That is the definition of success and that crap about playing by the same rules?

Same rules? Obama has made those rules up as he went along.

Some people need to get their heads out of their you know whats thinking that mediocrity is the path to success.

Obama does not believe everybody is entitled to success, they are only entitled to mediocrity

Obama is the one who signs those rules in to law.

The term "middle class" is first attested in James Bradshaw's 1745 pamphlet Scheme to prevent running Irish Wools to France.[1][2] The term has had several, sometimes contradictory, meanings. It was once defined by exception as an intermediate social class between the nobility and the peasantry of Europe.[

en.wikipedia.org...

Class warfare damn tired of it

The real Obama:

Biden: 'Yes, We Do' Want to Raise Taxes By a Trillion Dollars

Vice President Joe Biden, speaking earlier today in Iowa said, "Yes, we do" want to raise taxes by a trillion dollars:

The war on the middle class continues.
edit on 5-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I myself, was baffled by this statement Neo..........mostly because I found myself for the first time agreeing to something that this POTUS had to say!!

He is right, that NO ONE is "ENTITLED" to success, (except for those who are born into wealth and that pretty much "entitles" them to a position to be smarter and wiser than those of us who are not born with a silver spoon in their mouths) but YET, as you have mentioned, he is doing his best to make sure that the average Joe has NO chance in being successful!!!

Liar? You bet!

Hypocrit? Absolutely!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Two things a person is entitled to in my opinion:

What they earn, and the lives they earn for themselves.

Key word there earn.

Nothing can truly be given.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think the key word of the day is Entitled. I believe what he's saying is ...just because your born here doesn't mean that you should be successful automatically. It takes hard work and the desire and planning to get to be successful.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimithae
reply to post by neo96

I think the key word of the day is Entitled. I believe what he's saying is ...just because your born here doesn't mean that you should be successful automatically. It takes hard work and the desire and planning to get to be successful.

Very true but growing the middle class that already encompasses that 1 % has been hard work that already pays for the majority of benefits paid for by that 1 %

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
We are entitled to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness in this country.

Notice the Pursuit part of the Happiness, it is not a given.

It is something we are entitled to pursue with the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs.

Its the governments job to ensure one can pursue their success, nothing more nothing less.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The sentence makes NO sense. Entitled really has nothing to do with success. Success is an achievement and the opposite or antithesis of being entitled. More baffling with BS curious wording by this administration.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Obama's red Marxist rash is showing again !!

He eludes to that philosophy often in subtle ways in order to mask the true agenda.

He can't help himself.

He uses many codewords and buzzwords.

I think most voters are on to the gag by now.

People saw Obama really get clobbered the other night.

Obama never looked so bad before.

I think he needs some Cortisone 1% cream

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
We are entitled to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness in this country.

Notice the Pursuit part of the Happiness, it is not a given.

It is something we are entitled to pursue with the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs.

Its the governments job to ensure one can pursue their success, nothing more nothing less.

It is the governments job to stay out of that pursuit, not to pick winners and losers.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

This country does not just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top," Obama said, according to a rush transcript of the remarks. "It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy does not grow from the top-down, it grows from the middle-out.

(A) What he said is true...It is an economic fact that the middle class consumer drives growth in this country.

(B) I see you have it in qoutes???? BS much??? Or can you provide the qoute?

Oh...here we go...

"This country does not just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top," Obama said, according to a rush transcript of the remarks. "It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy does not grow from the top-down, it grows from the middle-out. We do not believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country. But we do believe in opportunity. We believe in a country where hard work pays off and responsibilities are rewarded and everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody's doing their fair share. And everybody's paying by the same rules. That is the country believe in. That is what we have been fighting for the last four years. That is what we're going to put in place in the next four years if you reelect me as president of the United States of America."

GEEZ...SUPRISE SUPRISE....CONTEXT..

Let me ask you this...do YOU think people are "Entitled" to sucess? Or only the opportunity for sucess through hard work?

The RIght Wing lies so often, takes crap out of context ...that they don't even recognize thier own dishonesty anymore.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Americans are indeed entitled to succeed. Our forefathers set up the Constitution so that we may have the freedom to succeed. Our ancestors fought for us to have the right to succeed. Freedom is the key word. With freedom everything is possible. You have the right to work harder or smarter than others to achieve wealth/success without having to worry about it being taken away because someone thinks it is unfair that they do not have what you have. When you go to school and study hard to get that 4.0 average you deserved it. Someone that did not study hard and got a 2.8 average has no right to a portion of your grade. There is no difference.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

As I said, nothing more, and nothing less.

Picking the winners would fall under more.

So would allowing Corporations unfair advantages, or say a disproportionate tax rate across the classes, that too would fall under that as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

(A) What he said is true...It is an economic fact that the middle class consumer drives growth in this country.

(B) I see you have it in qoutes???? BS much??? Or can you provide the qoute?

So who is argueing that what he said, isn't true???

The point is, he said something that proves his actions of the past four years, made this statement a total lie!

Go ahead and make fun of my avatar or call me names..................................waiting.......

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That is not what Pelosi says foodstamps do.

B) I see you have it in qoutes???? BS much??? Or can you provide the qoute?

Already provided in the op there was a video and the included quotation, not my fault if some people are too lazy to read.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

So would allowing Corporations unfair advantages, or say a disproportionate tax rate across the classes, that too would fall under that as well.

Funny thing about that word "corporations" is some people do not really understand the magnitude of what that means:

From the dude selling a hotdog on a corner street all the way up to the multi-nationals can't form any business without forming a corporation.
edit on 5-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

This is what he said....

"This country does not just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top," Obama said, according to a rush transcript of the remarks. "It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy does not grow from the top-down, it grows from the middle-out. We do not believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country. But we do believe in opportunity. We believe in a country where hard work pays off and responsibilities are rewarded and everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody's doing their fair share. And everybody's paying by the same rules. That is the country believe in. That is what we have been fighting for the last four years. That is what we're going to put in place in the next four years if you reelect me as president of the United States of America."

Do YOU think people are "entitled" to success???????

Or are they entitled to "opportunity" where "Hard Work" can lead to success??

I can see how you folks, having picked a silver-spoon fed man-baby as your nominee, might think that success is some form of "entitlement"...but the President and his supporters believe that people are only "entitled" to an "opportunity" to "work hard" for thier success.

GEEZ...the BS is kneck deep...Go ahead ...Keep taking crap out of context...The far rights credibility is completly bankrupt at this stage.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The full quotation was not used considering the rules for quoting entire subjects of articles.

That is why there was a link provided so that dog don't hunt nothing was taken out of context as the context was clearly provided.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A one percenter does not sit on their butts, and wait for a fair shot to be handed to them, they make their own

Where did you come up with this fantasy at? A vast majority of the one percenters come from inherited wealth they didn't work for anything it was handed to them. Unless you call waiting for mommy and daddy to die work.

Obama is right no one is entitled to success just because you come from a certian family doesn't mean success should be handed to you. If you want it work for it. People that are truly successful are the ones who start from the bottom and work their way up.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Do YOU think people are "entitled" to success???????

Or are they entitled to "opportunity" where "Hard Work" can lead to success??

GEEZ...the BS is kneck deep...Go ahead ...Keep taking crap out of context...The far rights credibility is completly bankrupt at this stage.

Did you read my first post? Or are you so engrossed in fighting against NEO that you didn't see I said, "This is the first time I AGREED with what the POTUS said"?

As for your second sentence.............I absolutely AGREE that "Opportunity where HARD WORK can lead to success!

Unfortunately, our current government, DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS, have seemed to be so greedy and corrupt, that these opportunities to Americans to be successful and even HAVE the ability to improve their lives for them and their families, is becoming something like the endangered species that some people so desparately try to protect!!!

edit on 5-10-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Really?

Never heard of the death tax?

You know that tax where the government taxes whatever the hell it wants

<<   2  3  4 >>

join