It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Of Father Mocking Girl With Cerebral Palsy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The universe will take care of them.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by BrokenCircles

On the flipside of that, IF YOU were to actually act out the scenario that you envisioned in your mind while typing this↓statement, it would very likely be not only one, but possibly several illegal acts. Criminal Confinement, Battery, etc...

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

In this particular video, I didn't see any laws being broken.
[color=808080](Unless that could be considered as 'Jaywalking', but no others)

Now I know this is basically a baseless threat, just as all others are, but IF...
IF the possibility did arise wherein you would actually have the opportunity to do this↓, you would most likely be breaking some laws.

I try not to internet tough guy but I would LOVE to have a few minutes unsupervised with this jackass.
Just to be clear about it, I am referring to the acts that you envisioned in your mind, that would take place during the 'Unsupervised Time' that you requested.

I try not to internet tough guy but I would LOVE to have a few minutes unsupervised with this jackass.

I am only going off of the few details that I saw in this video, during which I didn't see any laws being broken. However, the punishment that you think he deserves most likely would be illegal acts.

Event = No laws being broken.
Suggested punishment = illegal acts.

edit on 10/4/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Maturity seems to be the obvious conclusion to me. When you are young you tend not to think of how your actions might impact other people. This "man" is simply an immature adult. I do not buy for one second that it was not his intention to poke fun at the little girl. I do not think we should be threatening violence on people like this though, as it just shows our own immaturity. Rather, I think we should feel sorry for this "man" and hope that one day he finally understands that his actions are not funny at all.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There are some sick idiots in this world, who would make fun of a little girl with a disability and laugh about it. Although, as one poster pointed out, it's "not against the law".....But, get real here. Making fun of the disabled is not against the law, but it can be construed as harassment, which is against the law.

Picking your nose in public and smearing it on a light pole isn't against the law. Scratching your rear and digging away at it isn't against the law. But people don't do that, because it is gross and upsetting to others who have to witness it.

Just because something technically isn't against the law, doesn't make it right. Morally, ethically, and from a humanist standpoint, what this guy did, and got his kid to do, was WRONG.

I would sue for harassment, for mental and emotional anguish. If anything, it would shame this creep publicly, and possibly, hit him in the wallet.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I will give him a reason to limp.....

I actually feel sorry for that father.

Because a grown man who is so insecure, has so little going on in his life, and has such a lowly view of himself, has to make fun of a 10 year old disabled girl to make him feel better.
edit on 4-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Now we know where the boy learned his poor behavior from. It is sad that this poor girl was a victim of mockery, but kids can be quite cruel. What puzzles me ,is the fact that the father was engaging in that poor behavior as well. At the very least, that man should be confronted by that girl's father. A healthy verbal scolding would be in order. However, why waste one's time and freedom by knocking that guy's lights out?

The disabled girl's father would end up in jail. Nobody wins anything that way. The best thing to do is confront the guilty party verbally, or just ignore it. They do these things because of some sadistic pleasure of seeing people in physical or emotional pain. Why give them the satisfaction? Just show them how insignificant they well really are, and they should back off. Just my personal opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Well hopefully his current and future employers will now see what an asshat he is.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I hope so too! Now the world knows! The man is probably going to make himself scarce in the coming days, because we know how reactionary people can get about these videos after seeing them on the internet. Remember what happened to those kids that bullied that elderly woman on the school bus. There was massive outcry over that. I have feeling those kids learned a valuable lesson. Hopefully the man who bullied that girl will learn a lesson of his own?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue] It's a different story to poke fun at things that can be helped. Example: a silly hairdo, a funky looking outfit, clown-like make up, etc. These things can be helped, CP cannot.

Making fun of things that cannot be helped, just makes you a jerk.

I hope that this jackass gets what he has coming.

edit on 4-10-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

I think you're wrong.

Why does anyone think they have the right to mock or judge anyone based on their appearance? You seem to be suggesting that someone wearing something you think is funny is deserving of ridicule and bullying, just because they're different.

It's not okay, whether they choose to wear clown makeup or have a disability. People need to learn to keep their mouths shut and their hurtful gossiping comments to themselves. It actually just shows how empty their lives are if they have time to b*tch about how someone else looks.

This guy deserves a smack, and I'm a pacifist. But I hate bullying with a passion. I think I'm naturally inclined to side with an underdog, especially someone who is being attacked by others like this.

Incidentally, how does this play in whole "Freedom of opinion and expression" argument?

Surely, under American law, if a cartoonist or filmmaker wants to insult a religious group, it's permitted and the general population think that's fine. If Fred Phelps wants to hold signs up proclaiming death to all gay people, that's offensive but legal. But when the target is a child, and it's something like this, where do people stand on their freedom to insult?

I'm just calling it as I see it. It seems a lot of Americans are going to be hypocrites on this, and I think it exposes a problem with the belief that people have the right to express ANY opinion at all.

I hope the guy gets what he deserves as a result of this. But I also hope people think about this and compare their responses to this in comparison to their defense of others "expressing themselves" while attacking others.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The first thing that came to mind after seeing that.................

I wish he were real for just one moment.

I cannot really say much more, at least that is within T&C. That and I need to work on my anger.

Raist

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I think it has to do with being an adult.

If someone mocks me fine, they mock my religion fine, they mock my life fine. Really it is fine, I would think you were a prick but I would get over it quickly enough.

They mock children not fine. Adults should let BS slide off their backs. Children should be able to enjoy life.

I will point out though that mocking my wife or son will upset me quite a bit though. However, if you tick my wife off she is likely to not let things slide as easily as if I would. She might knock you out. She is getting older but she can still kick a guy in the head that is standing.

Raist

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Eh, what can you do?! Seriously. Was a law broken?
I mock people all the time. But rightfully so. I am better than everyone around me.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

reply to post by smyleegrl

Maybe this will go viral, shame that father, and raise money for the girl

I doubt anything is going to shame this douche bag but it would be nice for the little girl to see that the vast majority of people are on her side and support her. I would encourage anyone fed up with this kind of jackass to spread the news and try to get this story into the right hands.

And this is exactly the way to win. The video should go viral. Not to show the disability of the child but to show the cruelty in mankind. HE/THEY WILL be shamed. Show their address. Show their faces. Show their cruelty! I remember hearing a story about a man who made fun of an autistic child…..then he had one. I say karma is wonderful.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Are her parents really that stupid that they actually think making this into such a big deal is helping their daughter at all. Good way to encourage self pity and then she can deal with a social disability as well as a physical disability. They are actually teaching her to take on board and react to this stupid behavior.
I think that her parents reaction to this is going to harm her more than the jokes made by some douche bag.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
Are her parents really that stupid that they actually think making this into such a big deal is helping their daughter at all. Good way to encourage self pity and then she can deal with a social disability as well as a physical disability. They are actually teaching her to take on board and react to this stupid behavior.
I think that her parents reaction to this is going to harm her more than the jokes made by some douche bag.

Do you think she (the child) didn't see them???? And if it was your child???? Exposing a mean, cruel person is wrong? This is a teachable moment. To show grace, mercy and kindness. Just what did YOU learn from it? Obviously, you didn't get the real message. This child will learn that a kind act is great and a mean act is harmful. She will in turn be kinder in life.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If it were my kids they probably would have ignored it. As they do most idiots. My children rarely get upset by sounds people make with their mouths or movements they do with their body. I guess we are just more evolved. But feel free to let morons control your emotions. Should work out well for you. people choose to be offended by things.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Oh, get over it. This is literally a non-story. People are jerks, was that news to anyone? If people made half as much noise about real issues as they do about insignificant, trifling matters like this, maybe some actual progress would happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Of course they are helping their daughter. No one should tolerate that kind of behavior from a grown man. The parents are teaching their child that bad behavior is unacceptable. She SHOULD react to the guys behavior and not let him get away with it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

If it were my kids they probably would have ignored it. As they do most idiots. My children rarely get upset by sounds people make with their mouths or movements they do with their body. I guess we are just more evolved. But feel free to let morons control your emotions. Should work out well for you. people choose to be offended by things.

People choose to be offended by things???? Hell yeah, as they should if they are a human being with emotions and compassion and common sense. If this mans actions doesn't bother you, there is something wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
Oh, get over it. This is literally a non-story. People are jerks, was that news to anyone? If people made half as much noise about real issues as they do about insignificant, trifling matters like this, maybe some actual progress would happen.

I am astounded by the lack of compassion in this thread by some of our members. You call this insignificant and trifling?????
That is sad, really sad that some people lack humanity, common decency, compassion and kindness.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join