It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll tell you what obama's problem was last night

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Still Romney is the worst possible idea there could be.
He might have one the pissing contest but if people all of a sudden start praising the man that gave that "47%" speech, that asked why can't you roll down windows on an airplane and says he's unemployed even if he's worth something like 200 million dollars, then sorry but america deserves to fall.
Say what you want about Obama but he is clearly the lesser evil in this case

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
Nevertheless, he knows now that people, for the most part hate him! THAT, my friends ,I think is the oNE thing he cant take. That people everywhere see him as a loser and much more.

Well, then 51% of America must hate Romney a whole lot more according to the polls. We'll see where those polls end up in a few days. I agree Obama was sub-par, but I don't think that Romney's hyperactivity and lying is going to get him very far overall. Obama needs to pick up his game - there's a lot he can fire back at Romney about that he held back last night - but if Romney maintains the same form he had last night, I think in the end it'll benefit Obama. We shall see. But kudos to Romney for mad prep and execution - he did what he wanted to do last night, regardless of the lies.
edit on 4-10-2012 by redtic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown
It's not how you start, rather, it's how you finish. There are two more Presidential debates. I bet Obama is saving all the good stuff (Bain, 47% etc.) for the next two debates...that way Mitt cannot adequately defend himself from those jabs. Obama is a polished orator...no way he blew it last night without just cause or reason. He has plenty of arrows in his quiver. That was all Romney had...

He's only a polished orator with a speech written for him that he reads off a teleprompter. Off the cuff, he is a very bad speaker, as evidenced last night.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Honestly, it's the fact that he didn't say anything about those topics that is leading me to think he won the debate, since, what is everyone talking about still today? All the topics he didn't hit on... they are not forgotten, just the public's attention span is.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

While I didn't watch the debate (oh, please why, on something I personally think is in the bag anyway most of this is for show anyway, you know make it look good)I did see some of the clips, and this is my take on it.

So, far I don't see either party the elite really caring about the poor in this country, the only time we count is at election.

Bad statement about caring our energy bills. I personally don't think either or cares too much about what our bills are like, just as long as they get theirs.
edit on 4-10-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 4-10-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Nana2

I watched it, and he didn't "stink"

I don't get what the hell is happening in the USA right now. Obama was giving clear, educated and measured responses, and Romney was basically just repeating the same vague BS he's preached all through his campaign.

He says he'll change Obama care, but not how.
He says he'll change Dodd Frank, but no mention of what he'll change.
He says he'll get people back to work, but doesn't explain how he expects to do that.
He says he'll reduce the deficit, but can't tell people how he'll do it...

Romney was just telling people what they wanted to hear, without any meat on the bones at all. It's great that he intends to change things for the better, but he needs a plan, not just good intentions!

Americans fall for this every time. Whoever looks good and tells them what they want to hear they'll vote for him. Bush did it, Obama did it, and now Romney is doing exactly the same thing.

I don't think it matters which of them is the figurehead of the government when it comes to the major issues of policy (I truly believe that all those decisions are made by a military junta that took over in a silent coup many years ago), but it does matter on many internal and social issues.

Is America really about to elect a corporate businessman who cannot tell them how he plans to make their lives better, just that he promises that he will?

I despair at the ridiculousness of the American people sometimes, I really do.

Romney covered this last nite. obama kept saying "you arent telling us HOW you are going to implement this or that." More than once Romney said , "that is all to be debated within the congress , different plans to be considered as to HOW, etc" He said it over and over again. Not near as damaging as "We have to pass this bill to find out what is in it." And also, did obama ever ONCE tell us how HE was going to improve things. No, just same old "look what I did" rhetoric.

The same old Romney trust even though I don't know what to do. he was nothing but a broken record repeating the same crap over and over again.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IShotMyLastMuse
He might have one the pissing contest but if people all of a sudden start praising the man that gave that "47%" speech, that asked why can't you roll down windows on an airplane and says he's unemployed even if he's worth something like 200 million dollars, then sorry but america deserves to fall.

spoken like a true obama kool aid drinker. Ignore the facts and post blame elsewhere.

the 47% , Romney was right, he stated a correct fact , that there are that many on the books, and that most of THOSE people will not want a president that won't continue to hand out freebies to those who choose not to help themselves. It was a sigh of relief to those of us who DO work and pay taxes so that the 47% don't have to! We were glad to see somebody in our corner who doesnt want to "redistribute" OUR money to people who expect these freebies.

roll down windows on an airplane??? Come on, he was referring to WHEN AN ACCIDENT OCCURS, so that people can escape easier.

He IS unemployed, idiot. He is no longer governor. If he took care of his money in that he is now worth millions, so what??? He did not say he wasnt worth any money, he said he was unemployed.

Lesser of the two evils??/ Guess it depends on how much you are willing to be lied to
www.audacityofhypocrisy.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Everything is abuzz with how bad Obama did and how awesome Romney was.....maybe my definition of debate is not the standard definition, but I thought Obama was solid on his points and I think he pressed Romney on issues and I saw a lot of emotion and aggressiveness from Romney but I felt he lacked substance.For example: those loopholes he wants to get rid of to help close the deficit, I'd like to hear an estimate on how much money we are looking at saving, if he does that? If he could have explained that key point a bit better, I might have been impressed, but he didn't. He had a lot of strong lines but the devil is in the details, and I felt like I did not here a lot of detail from him. Obama did not go for the throat, and perhaps that is why people say he lost the debate.....fair enough. At the end of the day the winner is the one who the audience perceives as the winner and if the majority perceive Romney as being the better debater then he is.....but IMO, I thought he was playing to emotion too much and it felt very fake to me.

Of course Obama did those things too, but not as strongly as romney did. All this mess about Obama not having a Teleprompter, and Romney being hopped up on drugs is bunk.....I think we saw two very well educated, very skilled debaters....one was more aggressive than the other, now if aggressiveness is the sign of a winner, okay. When it came to making points, Romney had quite a few strong ones, especially the green enegry jobs fiasco....that made obama look incredibly terrible because obama never explained that....which in my mind was the kiss of death, but Obama and romney both conceded a lot to one another, which only reinforced in my mind, how alike they both really are.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I -well- remember the younger Obama who first jumped in the Pesidential race. That was a different person.

See the real problem (which seems the most unreal of all) is that some kind of sci/fi-like wickedness, the fearsome powers hinted at by Woodrow Wilson, and drew ridicule to Dave Icke, well they pay visits to these world leaders, but to what extent is said and done is unknown to me of course. I firmly believe, even convinced, that they do things like, "Now Obama, you must do this and that for us, or Michele and the girls will all die in a fiery manner." And maybe it's even far worse than that.

Hey, I've seen anomalous ufos back in the day, when there were no drones and black triangles, etc., so something along the lines of my above paragraph is going on. I don't know how to fight against it, but I do know that

being awake to it is a good start.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
I -well- remember the younger Obama who first jumped in the Pesidential race. That was a different person.

See the real problem (which seems the most unreal of all) is that some kind of sci/fi-like wickedness, the fearsome powers hinted at by Woodrow Wilson, and drew ridicule to Dave Icke, well they pay visits to these world leaders, but to what extent is said and done is unknown to me of course. I firmly believe, even convinced, that they do things like, "Now Obama, you must do this and that for us, or Michele and the girls will all die in a fiery manner." And maybe it's even far worse than that.

Hey, I've seen anomalous ufos back in the day, when there were no drones and black triangles, etc., so something along the lines of my above paragraph is going on. I don't know how to fight against it, but I do know that

being awake to it is a good start.

Sorry for the off topic, but could you direct me to a source for the Woodrow Wilson thing? That is a fascinating concept.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I know exactl;y what I can show you, but I have to go find it. shouldn't take too long.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Here is what everyone needs to see. Just take a few moments and heed.

I do not know who this young narrator is, he obviously has his own particular conservative views, but the quotes speak for themselves.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

prob for obama is this: no telelprompter and no lapdog media there to shield him from things he cant explain, therefore nothing will be different in the next debates.

I agree….he can’t answer for his record so I don’t see how the next two debates will go any differently.

As well as Romney mopped the floor with him last night, I couldn’t help but imagine how BAD NEWT would have creamed him.

Regardless, it was a great performance by Romney. Let the haters hate….everyone knows who won.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Romney was the undisputed alpha male in the room last night. He put Obama in the unenviable position of having to defend his failed policies. Obama chose not to even try. He made one swipe at the previous administration though that I noticed. He was basically called a failure by Romney and had no reasonable defense.
Romney showed his sharp business skills and firm grasp of the numbers. He didn't resort to petty personal attacks.
Obama is damaged goods and offers us only 4 more years of misery.

On the other hand I don't put too much trust in Romney's promise of 12 million new jobs. That will all depend on his ability to gain bi-partisan support and I think if he wins the election, the first 4 years are going to be met with fierce opposition.

I'm really looking forward to having them debate foreign policy.

edit on 10/4/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I dont like Romney but I understood his plan. Obama never stayed on topic and stumbled over every accusation that Mitt threw at him. The question asked was about Healthcare and he was for the 100th time talking about Education. He doesn't have clue how America is really doing, not a effing clue

“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” Thomas Jefferson
edit on 4-10-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
I dont like Romney but I understood his plan. Obama never stayed on topic and stumbled over every accusation that Mitt threw at him. The question asked was about Healthcare and he was for the 100th time talking about Education. He doesn't have clue how America is really doing, not a effing clue

“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” Thomas Jefferson
edit on 4-10-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

That's true. All the education in the world is not going to put people to work if no one is hiring. My friends daughter wants to be a nurse.As it stands now the cost to get her nursing degree is over $50,000. This is crazy.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

I agree with you that both Romney and Obama are very much alike....however, Romney is the only candidate that mentioned upholding the Constitution! Obama rarely mentions, or acknowledges this document at all...I haven't seen many people bring up this point.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Nana2

I watched it, and he didn't "stink"

I don't get what the hell is happening in the USA right now. Obama was giving clear, educated and measured responses, and Romney was basically just repeating the same vague BS he's preached all through his campaign.

He says he'll change Obama care, but not how.
He says he'll change Dodd Frank, but no mention of what he'll change.
He says he'll get people back to work, but doesn't explain how he expects to do that.
He says he'll reduce the deficit, but can't tell people how he'll do it...

Romney was just telling people what they wanted to hear, without any meat on the bones at all. It's great that he intends to change things for the better, but he needs a plan, not just good intentions!

Americans fall for this every time. Whoever looks good and tells them what they want to hear they'll vote for him. Bush did it, Obama did it, and now Romney is doing exactly the same thing.

I don't think it matters which of them is the figurehead of the government when it comes to the major issues of policy (I truly believe that all those decisions are made by a military junta that took over in a silent coup many years ago), but it does matter on many internal and social issues.

Is America really about to elect a corporate businessman who cannot tell them how he plans to make their lives better, just that he promises that he will?

I despair at the ridiculousness of the American people sometimes, I really do.

I've been reading your take on Barack Obama for awhile now.

Summary: You're delusional. Turn off the computer and go outside and get some sun.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IShotMyLastMuse
Ummm.......Right, he's the lesser because he only has 11.8 million compared to Romney's 200 million.....hmmm?

YouSir

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
In 2008 the GOP candidate was a bumbling tired old man who was well past his prime. It was easy for anyone too look good next to McCain. Not gonna be a cake-walk this time and the Obama is ALL about cake.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join