It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Barack Obama Throw The Presidential Debate? Could He Know Something We Don't?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and in this case

Was that some sort of Monica Lewinsky reference?

Didn't even think of that.
No .. it's a quote from Sigmund Freud.
Meaning .. sometimes what you see is really what it is .. no hidden things.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
As for Obama fans saying that Obama threw the debate on purpose, or that it's his strategy to look unprepared and tired and angry ... that's just silly. There is absolutely no good reason for a candidate to self destruct on purpose. Just face it .. he blew it. But don't ya'll worry about it .. even though his inner-YUTZ showed through - I'm sure he'll still win the election.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I wonder if the President's change of enthusiasm and energy relates to the many thousands of rounds of military grade ammunition purchased by such as Social Security Admin and National Weather Service (I mean the weather service, for God's sake? By-The-Way, Louisiana is physically imploding..)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
it doesn`t upset me that every debate is the same b.s.
it doesn`t upset me that every president is the same b.s.-er.
it doesn`t upset me that they all spew the same rhetoric over and over.
it doesn`t upset me that they never live up to their promises.

what upsets me is that people keep falling for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't think Obama would purposefully lose. I think most successful people have huge egos, and that just wouldn't gel with him, giving up. But, I will concede that your idea is a very interesting one.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'm thinking recent news about how various agencies invested in ammo and equipment including Social Security. Any of them going belly up after the election or perhaps after a wall street crash?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

And another point.
The bear(CCCP) is not dead, it is just hibernating while it give the poison time to do it job. When it’s victim is ripe for the kill then it will awake and do it’s thing.

Everything always devolves to red baiting doesn't it? I better vote Romney to save me from the commie menace. And that isn't brainwashing? I guess it's only propaganda when it's Democrats right? You are repeating old propaganda from the Cold War. Don't sit here and talk about how people are brainwashed when you are making it apparent that you are suffering the same thing..

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb
I don't think Obama would purposefully lose. I think most successful people have huge egos, and that just wouldn't gel with him, giving up. But, I will concede that your idea is a very interesting one.

Sure they do, here's the thing: None of us personally know Obama. All we do is make assumptions based on what we see in the media. If you are GOP you will hate him, if you are DNC you will love him. I personally just think the man is a pawn. Your contention is wrong as many successful people have walked away from power willingly.

I personally think it's a rigged game. We will know if Romney is the chosen son if Obama "loses" the second debate. Personally, I don't think either one of them did great.
edit on 4-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you look at American history you will see a pattern when it comes to war. Every war we fought was under a Democrat President until the close of Vietnam. The Democrat base then became hippies/Hollywood and the media. Democrats must shy away from war or lose their base. This flies in the face of reality since the world is not a peaceful place and there is either genocide of a people or terrorists in the process of kicking down our door to do us harm. Therefore it is left up to Republican Presidents to clean up the mess from 4 years of trying to appease a world that wish's us harm. You really just have to look at the big picture. It looks like war in the Middle East is coming, time to put a Republican in.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Perhaps the pied piper is having some technical issues with his flute. Or, perhaps, being African American is just not enough this time. In my opinion, he sounds better educated on the issues than he did the first time around.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I watched the debate. Well, at least most of it. My first impression was that Obama had taken the bait that Romney was coming out armed with clever zingers and not meat and potatoes and was caught off guard. There were points it seemed Obama was clumsy. His facial expressions at time seemed somewhat arrogant, as if he was perturbed he had to be there for this guy to question his policies.

That being said, I also agree he seemed distracted. My first thought was the Turkey vs Syria confrontation yesterday had his mind in a different place. I know some people are playing down the significance of what transpired but I do believe anytime there is a military exchange in the middle east, it is a volatile situation...anything could explode out of it.

The other line of thought is that it was scripted. Romney needed to win to keep the race "interesting for the sheep". Had he lost, his contributors would pull back, the cash cow for media would reduce and the "show" would be over. I have not decided one way or another, but those are my initial thoughts.

I suppose there could be other reasons that would cause an Obama to NOT want a second term, but I doubt it. It's second term...no pressure like first term. I suspect he has a handful of things he wants to do this term that he would not have dreamed pulling out in first term.

Op is quite thought provoking nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Sure they do, here's the thing: None of us personally know Obama. All we do is make assumptions based on what we see in the media. If you are GOP you will hate him, if you are DNC you will love him. I personally just think the man is a pawn. Your contention is wrong as many successful people have walked away from power willingly.

I personally think it's a rigged game.

Of course, there are cases where people with power walk away. I'm not saying there isn't a chance he would, I don't know. You are right, I don't know him personally, my comments are only wild speculation and guesses. But, I do factor this into the equation: Obama is proud to be the first African American President, and that walking away would be something he wouldn't be able to swallow. It was a historic accomplishment for him, and something he is very proud to have done. To him, he wouldn't be able to look people in the eye, even if they didn't know, or believe, he gave up.

My personal belief is that he has been beaten up by what is going on lately, events we know about, and events we don't know about. His physical and mental state is not what it was 4 years ago, but that isn't anything we didn't already know about what Presidents endure. I also believe that being away from his wife, on his anniversary had something to do with it. No teleprompter, was probably a bigger deal than anything.

But, who knows. The idea that it has gotten to him and he is giving up is an intriguing idea, and I will admit that it is a possibility.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Obama is good at scripted speeches with a teleprompter. He needs to be in control. When put up against a man of equal or perhaps superior intellect Obama's weaknesses are revealed. He is not good on his feet in debate. He is not a quick thinker or responder, and he is out of practice.

Romney trounced on Obama last night. Obama did not blow it like this on purpose, he was simply caught off guard. The Democrat party was lowering expectations of his performance all week. They knew this was a real likely outcome. The excuses and denial in this thread are ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hef..... Im with ya on this one....

Something was up with Obama last night, he looked unprepared and distant.

Does he know something we don't? Oh..... heck yeah he does!

Does he want to be the fall guy? I doubt it.

Wars and the rumors of wars along with a great shaking (Edgar Cayce) is not something I would want to take on especially if I KNEW catastrophe was on the way and I had no control to stop it.

Even the third secret of Fatima speaks of havoc.

We are living in some interesting times, thats for certain.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
(I've put this in Skunkworks because it is speculation and a conversation about that speculation.)

Hi ATS! During the course of the night, I've been here, watching the threads, and watching the debate. My perspective of it is probably uncommon. I witnessed this debate through the eyes of a person who was a staunch Republican for most of his life, got disillusioned with it all during the second term of Bush 43, and ended up, by default, voting Democratic this past go around. So I will concede that my views are a weird mix of right, left, and centrist.

That would be me too. I was a 40 year Goldwater and/or California Republican (fiscal conservative - equal rights liberal - no religion in government). "That which is not earned has no value".

I will vote for Obama because I think he is a methodical thinker. Its what I relate to.

There is another angle. People are saying: "What happened" - - "maybe we better go compare what was actually said".

From what I've read - - Obama is winning in the "what was said".

He seems to be winning in substance.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Obama didn't care about the debate because the tiny portion of America who thinks and watches debates....are not who will decide who is the next PResident.

It didn't matter who "won" the debate.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

I too was thrown off by the anniversary comment.....it sounded more like a husband apologizing to his wife cause she got screwed out of anniversary dinner....which to me had no place in the debate, but perhaps he said it to appeal to the women vote?

Although I almost threw up at romneys comment about the woman with the baby.......I don't know which one was worse really.....no.....the woman with the baby was, it was cliche and disturbing, because there is no way I actually believe Romney wants to help that woman, her baby or her husband......at least Obama might have actually been apologizing to his wife!

The truth is Romney reminds me of someone I know...and his mannerisms, tone of his voice and style of debate are similar to the person I know, and because of that, when I look at Romney all I see is fake, fake, fake......I know it is personal bias, but he creeps me out.

I don't like Obama either, but he doesn't feel as slimy to me on a personal level. It is like I said in another post, Romney is a used car salesman, Obama is a slick talking lawyer.

If obama wanted out of this there are so many ways he could do it.....maybe he is just trying to pick the best method that allows him to bow out as gracefully as possible, without adding any further serious injury to his page in the history books? (Btw: I can't wait to read my grand kids history book one day! )

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

It's quite possible that he doesn't want to be re-elected. It would actually make sense when you analyze the current state of our country. This term is nearly up and who would want to be president for the next four years? Things may get so bad in this country that a violent upheaval my occur. Would you want to be president of a country in ruins where being a politician would now come with a death sentence if you were caught mingling in corrupt affairs? I think its about time this country had a transfusion of politicians. I think they need to be wiped out of existence at this point. I cant believe people actually watch these debates. They should open them up by announcing, "Welcome to the Greatest Show on Earth". Because that's exactly what it is.. its a show. a show to try and convince both your conscious and unconscious minds that your opinion matters and will be taken into consideration. that the choice between millionaire A and millionaire B will determine whether we will get the much desired change this country needs or another four years of the same overspending, wars, masked tyranny, corporate bailouts, inflation, outsourced jobs, union busting, GMO foods, etc, etc... However, every 4 years, it seems that the country (for the most part) splits in two, argues back and forth, believing that their political savior is the right choice, yet history shows that once either nominee is elected into office their policies nearly always fall in line with corporate interests...

I didnt get a chance to watch the debate, but can anyone recall how many times the word "Constitution"or "Liberty" was used? How again were they going to restore our constitutional rights and protect them? How again were they going to reclaim this countries dignity? I'm sure they must've brought it up, as its always a hot topic in these debates. All i've heard from the office chatter is how Romney said PBS is the financial devil that needs to be exorcised in order to get our Trillions of dollars of government wasteful spending under control (That's Sarcasm for those too stupid to understand it, although i think most of the ATS audience is fairly bright, but we do have our shares of trolls here too..)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
you were lulled because that is how LDS Bishops are taught to talk putting you in a Alpha wave state. Don't fall for false Sith mind tricks!

Not that I am a big Obama fan but something was going on...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
After I thought about this....lol...the imagination kicked in. When you think about all the "theories" out there, it is kinda fun to speculate.

The massive purchasing of ammunition.
The "financial doom" predictions.
The "missing" White House agenda.

Then you toss in the "theories" of:

False flags in the middle east
Solar activity
Seismic activity
Weather patterns
Raising ocean levels

Crazy stuff yet fun to "theorize"...

thanks OP...made my day more interesting...in a goofy mental kinda way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join