It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haaalp! I'm stuck in computer illiterate mode!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've spent hours trying to get an avatar attached to my member profile. I've gone through everything I can as far as avatar guidelines, goggle, etc. and have still failed to get an avatar to show.

Can someone help me get this figured out? Where should I host my avatar? What size? I need a layman's step by step if possible please as I've never had a forum where I actually utilized the avatar option.

Thank you!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Still Naive?
I've spent hours trying to get an avatar attached to my member profile. I've gone through everything I can as far as avatar guidelines, goggle, etc. and have still failed to get an avatar to show.

Can someone help me get this figured out? Where should I host my avatar? What size? I need a layman's step by step if possible please as I've never had a forum where I actually utilized the avatar option.

Thank you!!

Well i tried and i haven't been able to as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Click Tools and scroll down a bit, there's a section called "your avatar", upload your avatar to imgur.com or something, paste the link and submit. I'm assuming ATS accepts external hosting due to the layout of the upload form, but you might have to upload it to ATS. ATS uploads is under Tools as well.
edit on 3-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

Click on tools ( in the above bar )
Then select "ATS uploads".
Click "Select Image File"

That brings up a menu - find and choose the image you wish to use then click "save"

That will upload an image that will, then, appear on your screen.

Double click that image and a new tab will appear.

In that tab will be the option "Use in ATS mini profile: Avatar / background / signature"

Click either avatar or background, depending upon image size ( mine is a background )

Doing that will take you back to your "my ATS page"

Scroll down and click "submit" under the "Your avatar" or "Your background" banner ( whichever applies )

~Heff

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is how i do it, not sure if there are other ways, hope it helps.

1. Go to the tabs above to "TOOLS+" and click on it.
2. Another set of options should open, click on "ATS uploads"
3. To your left should be a button named "Select Image File" Let it be uploaded
4. The image you selected should be now to the right of where you clicked with a small thumbnail
5. Click the thumbnail (Little picture of the image)
6. New tab should open and you have the options under the picture to set it as your "avatar" "Profile background" or "signature"

Info:

ATS Avatars should be no larger than 170 pixels wide by 240 pixels tall, with a maximum file size of 75kb.

ATS Mini-Profile Backgrounds should be no larger than 200 pixels wide by 700 pixels tall, with a maximum file size of 150kb.

ATS Signature Images should be no larger than 600 pixels wide by 70 pixels tall, with a maximum file size of 50kb.
edit on 3-10-2012 by CesarO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Upload a picture to ATS.

Open Picture, Copy URL (which is underneath) or there's an option to "make avatar".

Go to "Tools" see Avatar section, copy and paste URL.

Re-sizing of picks may or may not be necessary.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Thank you everyone!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

Did you get it figured out?

top topics

join