It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The national flag disappeared?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I read a report said that someone found the national flag of America on the moon disappeared in 1997.Is that real?I'm amazing!Tell me the truth if you have any clues,please.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Now that�s strange however I doubt that it�s truthful. I don�t think you can see the moon that closely from earth with any type of optics. You would need to physically go back to the moon to view something like that. But I�m curious to see what others think.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You got that right kinglizard... Moon is too far away for any Earth optics to pick up.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
- what report said the flag disappeared?

I remember hearing that when the last Apollo crew left the moon that the thrust from there rockets cause the flag to fall over, so if you cant see it now I would maybe guess that the rockets also pushed up some moon dust on it, therefore covering it up.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Well what do you expect? Something colorfull, waving invitingly... We see the same behaviour in nature for luring prey.

Someone ate it.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Someone ate it.

It seems interesting.

jra

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Like some others said, you can't see the landing sites from down here on Earth. So i'd say it would be very hard, if not impossible to know if one of the flags is gone. The only way to find out would be to go there and check. It would be nice if you posted links to the articles you talk about.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I saw the book in a library.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think it went into space during the battle on the moon between Superman, and that sun guy Luthor made....(Superman IV)...

Seriously, with the BEST res out there, all you can pick up is the shadow of the lander, and thats just a dark spec... You wouldn't be able to see the flag, so you'd never know it was gone... Therefore, anything (other than the last lunar mission) stating it's no longer there, would be automatically suspect...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Look up the "Clementine" mission.

It imaged the moon w/ state of the art optics.

For some reason, the military controlled this mission.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I believe that the images Gazrok is referencing are indeed the Clementine images. Black specs are all we have to go on... So much for that... Earth satellites can view the year date on a dime from space and we send a damn Walgreens-bought disposable camera to the moon.

I didn't know that Clementine was controlled by the military; I wonder what that's all about.

Zip

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We are not privy to all of the Clementine images. But trust me...with no atmosphere, superior imaging optics and the relatively low altitude of the imaging satellite, I think its safe to say that the flag could have been imaged.

And yes, I wonder about the military control as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
ive heard about the flag not being on the moon a long time ago but im not sure where i heard it, either on tv or in a book, but like a lot of people said, theres no way you cansee it from earth

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If you can't see the flag from Earth, how would they know it's gone???

Maybe it could have gotten knocked over if a meteor struck it or something?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hopefully when Nasa goes back in a little more then a decade they will bring another flag, and this time cement it in, so it will still be there a thousand years from now.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Hopefully when Nasa goes back in a little more then a decade they will bring another flag, and this time cement it in, so it will still be there a thousand years from now.

come on, lets not litter the moon

Any pics from JAXA's recent jaunt? Was it the Smart1 probe with the ION propulsion? Perhaps I have my missions confused.?!?!?!?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step

Originally posted by Murcielago

come on, lets not litter the moon

Any pics from JAXA's recent jaunt? Was it the Smart1 probe with the ION propulsion? Perhaps I have my missions confused.?!?!?!?

I wouldn't call that littering...but it is ours to litter.

and SMART-1 was built by ESA, and its still orbiting the moon.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Maybe the guys from the secret moon base took it out to be cleaned

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I wonder if Hubble could spot it? Then again, I doubt NASA is going to spend the limited service life, or onboard fuel in Hubble to go taking pictures of their earlier accomplishments.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
You cannot see the flag on the moon. Here is an explanation of why: calgary.rasc.ca...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join