It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida girl, 14, charged with strangling her newborn baby boy in parents' bathroom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
She weighed 100 lbs and had a 9 1/2 lb baby and her parents didn't notice????!!!! I'd say the problem starts there....
She had to be huge... I had a 9 1/2 lb baby at 150 lbs(unpregnant) and I was HUGE! Also 2 more 9 lbs... you cannot miss this if you live with someone. She was ignored/neglected or something.....

I absolutely am not excusing what she did, but she herself is a child and something else is wrong with the situation I say.

edit on 3-10-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Night Star

This girl is 14? That's rape. Who has been sexually abusing/raping her?

Not necessarily. If it was consensual and with somebody who was also under 18 then I don't think it is considered rape.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Cassidy Goodson of Lakeland, you have a very long and now very difficult life ahead of you kid.

Such a sad thing to have happened.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
awful.....regardless of anything else, the foremost victim is the baby boy strangled at birth- all other "thoughts" fall well down the pecking order.........

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
She is a 14 yo girl, and i bet there is MUCH, MUCH more to this story than we know.

How about that she is living in an extremely disfunct family (possibly religious?) where the thought of her 14 yo daughter having sex, let alone being pregnant would be so TERRIFYING..that the little girl thought it would be the only solution to hide the pregnancy and then to "get rid" of the kid.

Such a thing would not have happened in a "normal" family, so..before entirely condemning the kid it might be interesting to know in what family she lives. In this article, she is also quoted as saying she did it to keep the relationship with her family healthy.

10 to 1 her father or step-father is the baby's father.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Night Star

This girl is 14? That's rape. Who has been sexually abusing/raping her?

Oh here we go.. let us just make excuses for a cold hearted killer. Do you think a 14 year old is innocent and must be raped to have sex? What rock are you living under? What if the father of this baby is also 14 or 15 and a classmate? Does that make him a rapist or a horny teenager?

For the OP: I don't think she is retarded at all. I think what you have here is a clear case of 14 year old who is selfish and self absorbed and was more worried about the consequences she would face if her family knew she was pregnant. It's implied at the end of the article...

Investigators said the teen showed little emotion during questioning, but when asked why she did it, she responded that she didn’t want to change the relationship with her family, Tampa Bay Online reported. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
She weighed 100 lbs and had a 9 1/2 lb baby and her parents didn't notice????!!!! I'd say the problem starts there....
She had to be huge... I had a 9 1/2 lb baby at 150 lbs(unpregnant) and I was HUGE! Also 2 more 9 lbs... you cannot miss this if you live with someone. She was ignored/neglected or something.....

I absolutely am not excusing what she did, but she herself is a child and something else is wrong with the situation I say.

I'll bet she waddled when she walked, too.
I've had enough pregnant wives to know how that is.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join