It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographic Firsts And A Conspiracy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Great Photos, OP! I've dabbled in photography and these are amazing!

S&F

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

the ladies are swooning..

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

Nice Post wounderful to view these pictures especially the lady from 1746 WOW!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Ha ha!! You are right of course, but it was down to the time taken on the exposure of the film!! People had to keep still and look at the Birdie!!

Try and smile for 10 minutes, you can't!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
You ever notice how NO ONE smiles in old photos? They just stare at the camera with no emotion on their face lol.

You try holding a smile for the several minutes it takes to expose these photos. You'll get a face cramp!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Good photos, I really like the one of Lewis Powell.

That young man died with honor. He was tried by a military tribunal. Thirty-two witnesses were called to testify and the evidence was overwhelmingly against him. He was found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder and treason.

He was executed with three other conspirators on July 7, 1865. He went to the gallows calmly and quietly, though at some point he was believed to have pleaded for the life of Mary Surratt (the female conspirator with him) shortly before he was hanged. His spiritual advisor, Rev. Gillette, thanked the guards for their good treatment of him while he was in prison, on his behalf. He insisted to his death that Mrs. Surratt was innocent.
While hangman Christian Rath was placing the noose over young Powell's head he remarked, "I hope you die quick." He had been impressed by Powell's courage and determination in the face of death. To this Powell replied, "You know best, captain." However Powell did not die quickly as hoped by Rath. After the drop he struggled for life more than five minutes. His body swinging wildly, twice he "Moved his legs up into the sitting position" and was the last to die. Mary Surratt died instantly. David Herold gave a brief shudder. George Atzerodt, whose neck did not break upon impact, also shuddered for several minutes before dying.

Wiki

edit on 4-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

T shirts don't have sleeves :p

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Wow, the self-portrait guy is handsome!
When looking at the first photograph, I kept thinking, "How is it in color? And so sharp and detailed?" Then I realized it was a picture of the photo itself. A picture of a picture of a picture.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OratoryHeist

Originally posted by Tardacus
That looks like one of the guys that was involved in the Lincoln assassination.

Yeah, Lewis Powell. They are rather 'stylish' photos considering they are over 140 years old. Could easily have been taken last week!

He was hung not 5 miles from where I'm sitting... The grounds on the what's now the War College (not sure if it was the same name back then). The gallows grounds are now tennis courts. The building where the conspirators were held, at least Mary Surratt, is still there. Officers quarters now. Supposedly haunted by Mary.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by Dustytoad

Why is his hair so dang nice?

Abe was no slouch when it came hair either...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If you want to see old pictures, particularly movies... there will be the Great Judgement of
all mankind coming up- probably sooner than most people think. I'm under the impression that it
will be something like a movie of everybody's life. Sorry no popcorn or refreshments though.

Vision of the Ancient of Days

9 “I watched till thrones were put in place,
And the Ancient of Days was seated;
His garment was white as snow,
And the hair of His head was like pure wool.
His throne was a fiery flame,
Its wheels a burning fire;
10 A fiery stream issued
And came forth from before Him.
A thousand thousands ministered to Him;
Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.
The court was seated,
And the books were opened.
Daniel 7:9-10 NKJV

Some Christians believe that only non-Christians will be here. Others think that Christians will
be also, but only to collect rewards. I am under this persuasion. It will be movies of everybody
who ever lived... of their entire lives.

Either way, audience participation will be possible....

Matthew 12:42

42 The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here.
Matthew 12:42 NKJV

and

26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? 27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.Matthew 12:26-27

What will be shown/judged? Everything... Yes, everything.

Matthew 12:36

36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
Matthew 12:36 NKJV

How long will it take... to review everybody's life who ever lived in serial fashion? Unless
it's put in fast-forward mode... IMHO, these movies will take millennia to show and judge.

Revelation 20:11-15

The Great White Throne Judgment

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[a] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:11-15 NKJV

How does one get out of the actual judgement, to be judged only for rewards?
This Was Your Life

edit on 5/10/2012 by MarkJS because: formatting

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join