It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think that way,thus for I am.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The title itself can breach many thoughts unconditionally....anyways, enough of the psycho the rapist mumbo jumbo.I recall earlier in life being told"after you hit 30,you make no more friends"....no big deal,never really liked people anyways.But,the real pooper was being told"every thing goes down hill after 40".....time speeds up,mind slows down
I think I'm young for fear of being old......you old farts must know what I'm talking about.Is there really a midlife crises?Or have I been conditioned to think so?...inane questions welcome insane answers.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I think 'mid life crisis' only applies to those who think about it and maybe have run-of-the-mill lives that it could apply to.

I'll always be a teenager and make more good friends the older I get.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

But,the real pooper was being told"every thing goes down hill after 40".....time speeds up,mind slows down
I'd be more inclined to subscribe to the adage that "life begins at 40"... sounds like more fun to me.

Anyhows, todays 40's is the new 30's is it not??

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

My life went absolutely downhill at 41. But that wasn't a function of age, I do not think. Rather a function of the fact that I had lived the whole "eternal teenager" thing right up until that moment. My behavior at 40 was nearly identical to what it had been at 18 - just with a lot more money involved.

The time moving faster the older you get part? That much I think is true, as it is how I have personally perceived it. I can recall that it took forever to get from 17 to 18. Now? It's like a mow the yard a few times, watch a few TV shows, and realize I'm two years older than I was the last time I bothered to think about it.

My personal theory is that if you live long enough to get really old, and to go a bit senile... that's sort of the reward. You get to go back to being like a child... and the world regains that magic again where everything is interesting and time seems to stand still.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

reply to post by nerbot

An old extroverted teenager..I like your style

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Anyhows, todays 40's is the new 30's is it not??
reply to post by Perhaps

Hard to tell when you look 30 act 20 and age 40

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

where everything is interesting and time seems to stand still. I'll buy that for a star

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

40 for me was average for my life. A miserable dawning of a new decade of futility and despair.

Bit like 30..

And with my family history of all the blokes kicking the bucket just after 50... no point trying anything new nowadays lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

reply to post by nerbot

An old extroverted teenager..I like your style

Half right. I am actually an introvert becoming more extroverted as I grow older.

new topics

top topics

join