It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's debate!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
okay... we have a debate forum... now what?

First, let's try a formal debate method. I need two debate teams. Ideally, three people on each team who get along. Once you identify your teams to me or any other forum staff, we'll arrange the debate.

Be warned, for starters (and for more fun) the forum staff will pick the topic, and which side each team should represent. We'll also determine the number of posts allowed for each team. At the end, a poll will be placed to allow ATS members to vote on which team won the debate.

So pick your teams! (It might be a good idea for all members of each team to use the same avatar to help follow the debate process.)

Members of the winning team will all receive new premium @abovetopsecret.com e-mail accounts which are full-service POP3 e-mail accounts with server-side anti-spam and anti-virus filtering. You'll also have access to our web-based e-mail reader, but your accounts will work with Outlook, Eudora, etc.

In the future, we may actually be able to offer real physical prizes for these things. As many of you know, I work in advertising and among some of the other things I've been looking into are possible sponsorships and promotions happening here on ATS. While it's too soon to tell how this will end up, we do know that we need to get these types of things (debates) up and running to attract the attention of the right kind of sponsors.

[Edited on 29-4-2003 by William]

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Dang, the e-mail accounts do sound tempting, but I don't think I'll have enough time for it.

I can't do weekends, so there goes the 24 hour limit. I'm a busy guy, but this sounds really tempting. I'm going to have to pass for now, but keep me in mind. I may want to join after a few months. (when I'm not as busy)

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm in

K_OS

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ok. I join the party.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm leaving it up to the members to form their own teams.

So... talk amongst yourselves.

And Joe... this isn't real-time, so 12 hours between posts won't be abnormal in a forum-debate.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So how long would...say...72 hours be in ATS time?

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Im in, sounds tight enough.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Sounds fun, I'm in this one.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Name wouldn't be "Bout Time" if I didn't like to debate!

Viva la guerre!

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There's two teams of three now... Your debate should be interesting.

AF1

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just a thought, but wouldn't it be better if everyone was told what the debate would be on, then the teams could form up. That way people who have the most knowledge of each topic will participate and be able to defend their positions better.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That's the fun of it AF1, you may end up on the side that you completely disagree with, and have to debate why it is correct, and there lies your good debaters... maybe even your master-debaters...

K_OS

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
K_OS, magestica, Jedimaster and ultra_phoenix. The first ( A-team ?
) team ( who'll win of course
).

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Of course because we are the master-debaters... I love the sound of that..hehe.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hot digity damn! I wanna debate!!! Please, William ... can I debate?

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Add my name to the list.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I dont know a single body on ats.com who will consider being in a team with me.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I will, Illmatic. I dont care whos team Im on.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Come-on kiddies... I have one team... all we need is one more... it looks like there's enough here for one more team of four.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join