It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I met God, and His plan for me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I have recently just joined the site. I have been browsing ATS for a while now and decided to finally take the plunge into this community.

First and foremost, when messing around on my profile page, I found a simple spelling error that needs to be corrected.

Anyway onto the reason I joined ATS.

I have recently(in the past several years) found my true sense of spirituality. It has made me a much better person in general. I will explain my story first and then how I found God's glory.

It all started with me trying to find my reason for being on Earth. This lead me to research the Bible, attending church sermons, and studying a little into Aztech and ancient civilizations. I felt shunned away from the churches as a result of telling my life's story. I felt like an outcast for the longest time, and it made me question God and the Bible, I felt as if I was abandoned.

This abandonment that I felt led to depression, immoral decisions, and just an overall crappy life growing up. Finally, one day I was introduced to God through one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. So wonderful that it is even hard to describe the sheer joy and happiness that I had. Before I dive into this experience you will need to place yourself in my shoes.

I was 14, I had a whopping 3 friends at most. One of my buddies, was a nice kid, he was like me in some ways, he wanted to feel like he meant something to someone. Yes, he had friends, but not many, our group of friends was always picked on just because we did not do what everyone else did. He felt completely lost, so lost that he decided to take his own life.

Losing a best friend was the hardest thing I ever went through, I felt like a bad friend, and a horrible person in general (I don't know why). This led me into a down-ward spiral into depression and drug use. My drug use led me to legal trouble and legal trouble led me to more depression. I was not living life, I was so depressed that I too wanted to take my own life, but some unknown force was able to keep me from doing so.

Finally, I hit rock bottom, and I had to find something that made me feel happy, and not just numb. Long and behold that something was God.

Here is how I met him.

Throughout my 'drug use' I wanted to experiment with different substances. Lsd, mushrooms, and everything except for sticking a needle in my arm. Finally one day I came across something called ayahuasca, and let me just say now that if I never found this wonderful thing, I would probably be dead under some bridge.

This strange experience was profound. I had a vision, so vivid, and so glorious. The vision started out with me being taken up into the sky by some celestial lift. It took me up into a circular room that was all made of stone. This room was plain, except it had a locked door on the floor (like a cellar) and a ladder that went up to an unlocked attic like place. Being the only place to go, I climbed the ladder, and at the top was the most magnificent place I have ever seen.

Once I was in this attic place, it was just white, as if I was on clouds. With a golden gate that was guarded with 2 phoenix like creatures. They nodded their heads and the gates opened. Let me tell you, I saw what I perceived to be Heaven that day. Being in this area was just so calming. I remember that once in the gates I was approached by the whitest light, and orb, and somehow it spoke to me telepathically.

I asked this orb if it was God, and it transmitted to me, "I am the one you have been seeking." I asked it why I was having a bad life and it replied, "It's all part of the plan." I was astonished and asked if I am doing things right in life, and which it's reply was "Your doing alright in life, you have made the first step, you will know what to do from here on." I asked how and the light projected an arm that reached out to me and poked me in the forehead, and as this happened I fell back into my body.

Completely out of the vision I was back in my own body, I never even wanted to leave that place. But ever since I have to say things changed, I know what I must do. I don't really know how to explain it, but it changed me.

My grades in school started to improve, I stopped doing drugs (except for occasionally smoking some hemp), I started to make more friends, and I graduated early. I knew that my life changed that day, and that I really did meet God. I was finally happy with my life, I knew that things were going to be O.K in life, no matter what.

Needless to say, I now know my place in life. I felt as if I was brought to this community to share my experience without being ridiculed or harassed.

I am not saying that I am a prophecy or an apostle, a mind reader, or the perfect person. But I feel like I can bring positive vibes and reinforcement into this community.

So there you have it fellow ATS members, my meaning of coming here, my introduction, and my restored faith in God. I look forward to this crazy adventure while a member here.

Any questions? I am more than willing to answer any.

Letting me know how I did writing this would be nice so that I can create better and well formatted posts.

May the light give you wisdom,
gloryforgod

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gloryforgod

Welcome to the ATS Family...you'll find many kindred souls here.

Des

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
hello.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Kino321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I hope you like it here at ATS,

So many vastly different views come together to share amazing experiences......I'm so glad your life changed for the better...take care and have fun

edit on 28-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

hi and welcome.

Your life experiences have led you from negative energy to postive. That was the plan. It worked

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

You came to a place where people debunk crazy ass stories, and bring a crazy ass story like that and expect to not be ridiculed? I always thought if you dont want to be ridiculed then dont believe in ridiculous things.

You take a hallucinogenic Drug, Ayahuasca, and it made you see stuff.. and you think its real? Im sorry, but this one is not really hard to debunk. That drug made you fantasize, nothing more.

To think you met a god can in itself be enough to change you as a person though.
But how can you be sure that what you met was a god? And that god was Yahweh?

We need to turn to science on things if we are to truly KNOW how things work.. simply dreaming visions can not be concluded to have been a real thing, as we can all dream up anything we want, or sometimes dont want.. but it is still only imagination working as it should.

Sorry for not being gentle about this, but its about time people woke up to deny ignorance, like religious text and myth.
Its called FAITH because its not KNOWLEDGE.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
I always thought if you dont want to be ridiculed then dont believe in ridiculous things.

No offense, but you probably would have ridiculed Einstein, the Jesus of your science religion. Special and General Relativity are as crazy as anything (and true). And don't even get started on quantum mechanics. This universe is fricking weird, and "ridiculous things" happen. I do agree though, if you come to ATS, expect to be ridiculed.
edit on 28-9-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply's. And yes I can understand where you are coming from. However, I know there will be some people who will ridicule me, I just wanted to state my story. You have to take everything with a grain of salt, especially on this site.

I was just trying to be a little more interesting in my introduction. I was looking for ways to improve my posting so that I can bring higher quality posts.

Now, yes I do believe what I saw was true. I have tried to convince myself that it was not, but it is kinda weird how my life did get better. I had an urge to change myself that I never would have done without it.

I feel that people need to have science to believe something to be true. God does work in mysterious ways.

If you have ever seen the film 'Simon Birch' here is one of my favorite quotes from it.

I have faith. I just need proof to back it up. - Joe

Thanks again for all your replies.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

We all encounter God in different ways, but it's how your life changes that demonstrates what you really experienced.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You came to a place where people debunk crazy ass stories, and bring a crazy ass story like that and expect to not be ridiculed? I always thought if you dont want to be ridiculed then dont believe in ridiculous things.

So basically ATS is a magical place where appeals to ridicule are legitimate arguments?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

So basically ATS is a magical place where appeals to ridicule are legitimate arguments?

ATS is a sort of place that insists on seeking reality, and with that simple alignment for truth to deny ignorance.

To think reality seeking stems from a drug experience will catch some commentary. Such as the story appears to want to endorse drug use to gain religious experience. It appears to depart from the simple issues of seeking truth into those that screw up America via drug problems.

Also, this story appears to substitute one drug issue for another via the theme of religion being a drug, via Marx calling it the "Opiate of the Masses".

I am never impressed with a drug use story.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

It is, as i already said in the very same quote you stole from me, a place where things are debunked
(using evidence, science, rationality and logic).. which proves how ridiculous some of the stuff people believe really is. There are plenty of wild things to believe in, like one guy said, on the sub atomic level.. but its not ridiculous, because we have evidence for its existance, we have valid reasons.

So now that you have lied AND stolen i will be kind and warn you what of what you believe will happen to you because of it. You believe it is a sin, and that sinners are sent to be tortured for not just a few years, not even a few hundred years but billions and billions of years... I dont want you to think that you're going there because of me... so i warn you, be careful so you dont sin anymore here.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Next time you have a spiritual dream/vision, my opinion is to ask who is Jesus Christ. (1 John 4:1-3)

Whenever I have spiritual dreams, this above question is one of my defensive mechanisms to help differentiate or figure out which spirit is which. In my cases, spirits of below can not and do not answer this truthfully.

I

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It is, as i already said in the very same quote you stole from me

How does one "steal" a quote? Do you no longer have possession of it?

, a place where things are debunked (using evidence, science, rationality and logic)..

You must be visiting a different ATS than I am... I've seen the most ridiculous arguments defended with invalid logic, opinions represented as facts, misstatements of science, history and philosophy, and completely irrational thinking. And that's from the supposedly rational "anti-theist" crowd.

I'd suggest that a premiere method of bolstering one's faith would be to create a thread about it here, and then witness the witless posts by people who chime in with their vacuous "refutations". There are a number of ATS non-believers whose opinions and perspectives I respect and appreciate, but the vast majority seem to be dimwits who think that copying and pasting arguments they don't understand from anti-theistic websites, or watching a few YouTube videos of Christopher Hitchens' pompous blathering, somehow makes them deep thinkers.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It is, as i already said in the very same quote you stole from me, a place where things are debunked
(using evidence, science, rationality and logic).. which proves how ridiculous some of the stuff people believe really is. There are plenty of wild things to believe in, like one guy said, on the sub atomic level.. but its not ridiculous, because we have evidence for its existance, we have valid reasons.

So now that you have lied AND stolen i will be kind and warn you what of what you believe will happen to you because of it. You believe it is a sin, and that sinners are sent to be tortured for not just a few years, not even a few hundred years but billions and billions of years... I dont want you to think that you're going there because of me... so i warn you, be careful so you dont sin anymore here.

I was referring to an appeal to ridicule fallacy. How when a fallacy is employed it renders an entire argument invalid. You don't have any copyrights on Plato.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I would have asked the white orb for some I.D. if it was me. I'm not a fan of accepting everything telling me it's God. For one thing, God isn't a white orb, he has a form called Jesus which is his physical manifestation.

I dunno why you'd feel uncomfortable in churches, theyre plum full of outcasts. I feel right at home in my church, and i don't dress like i'm going to a funeral for worship. If God cared about appearences he wouldn't have made us naked.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Once again, thanks for the replies and good insight you have given to me.

Wanted to clarify that I do not condone the use of drugs. I was simply telling my story on how I met what I believe to be God.

I am never impressed with a drug use story. - MagnumOpus

I am not trying to impress you or anyone else with my drug use. I am quite ashamed of my past, and I ask for forgiveness from God everyday.

I would have asked the white orb for some I.D. if it was me. I'm not a fan of accepting everything telling me it's God. For one thing, God isn't a white orb, he has a form called Jesus which is his physical manifestation. -
lonewolf19792000

Next time you have a spiritual dream/vision, my opinion is to ask who is Jesus Christ. (1 John 4:1-3) - DelayedChristmas

Both of you raise valid points, as I am still reading the Bible, I am not fully aware of everything. I asked the orb if it was God, and only got "I am the one you have been seeking." My first assumption to this was that it was God, but because of DelayedChristmas's insight, I cannot be sure.

However, now I am thinking it could be my spiritual guide/guardian. Or maybe the orb was a light because I am not worthy of seeing God in his human form.

Whatever the orb was, it was the most calming feeling I have ever felt.

Again, thanks for all the replies, and thanks to everyone for welcoming me into the community.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gloryforgod
Once again, thanks for the replies and good insight you have given to me.

Wanted to clarify that I do not condone the use of drugs. I was simply telling my story on how I met what I believe to be God.

I am never impressed with a drug use story. - MagnumOpus

I am not trying to impress you or anyone else with my drug use. I am quite ashamed of my past, and I ask for forgiveness from God everyday.

I would have asked the white orb for some I.D. if it was me. I'm not a fan of accepting everything telling me it's God. For one thing, God isn't a white orb, he has a form called Jesus which is his physical manifestation. -
lonewolf19792000

Next time you have a spiritual dream/vision, my opinion is to ask who is Jesus Christ. (1 John 4:1-3) - DelayedChristmas

Both of you raise valid points, as I am still reading the Bible, I am not fully aware of everything. I asked the orb if it was God, and only got "I am the one you have been seeking." My first assumption to this was that it was God, but because of DelayedChristmas's insight, I cannot be sure.

However, now I am thinking it could be my spiritual guide/guardian. Or maybe the orb was a light because I am not worthy of seeing God in his human form.

Whatever the orb was, it was the most calming feeling I have ever felt.

Again, thanks for all the replies, and thanks to everyone for welcoming me into the community.

No problem, I doubt anyone is really aware of everything.

The bible helps in guiding you but there is always that "God language problem," which tends to lead people to have erroneous interpretations. People tend to think they themselves can solve the God language problem by their own efforts, but the main point I have to emphasize is to ask Father about a particular verse that you can't wrap your head around. Understanding the context of the stories helps in the interpretation, but you kind of had to be there to fully understand. Since we can't go back in time to understand what was actually going on, we have to ask Father about it.

I'm thinking the orb might be a spiritual guide, but I haven't met mine so I wouldn't fully know, just my assumption.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I just want to say that God is light hes brighter than fire which appears to look like a white light or fire i.e the burning bush. He is so bright that if he showed his true form to us on earth we would be blinded or mabie even die. Yes it very much seems you did speak with God and you have answered one of my own questions. Ive always wanted to know what angels look like since there true form is not human. I believe the phoenix like creatures you saw guarding the gate were infact angels. Ive just been reading up on the rising of the phoenix it all ties in perfectly have a look on here www.newworldencyclopedia.org... obv the eqyptians worshipped fake Gods being satan and angels and funny enough this all ties in with there satanic worship. Drugs can introduce you to God or the devil drugs arent good but i believe alot of the things people see on drugs are infact there and real its just that in a normal state you can not see them. Dont let people sway your faith by telling you it wasnt God im 98% sure in myself that it was. Keep asking him questions and searching for him and he will answer you in many different ways and you will always Know that he is there.

May God Bless You and keep strong and true in your faith.

top topics

join