It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Now Insists that Fluoride Only Lowers IQ Levels Outside the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Harvard Now Insists that Fluoride Only Lowers IQ Levels Outside the United States

au.ibtimes.com

Intense industry pressure to continue mass medicating Americans with fluoride chemicals via public water supplies has apparently influenced Harvard University researchers to backtrack on a recent study they conducted that verified fluoride chemicals lower IQ levels in children. We are now being told the absurd lie that fluoride is only detrimental to people in other countries, and that Americans need not worry about ingesting and bathing in the toxic brew here in the states
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 25-9-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Earlier this year Harvard published a meta-analysis showing negative effects of water fluoridation. This action was discussed on ATS and praised highly. Hopefully tho you didn't expect too much from one of the most liberal and corrupt institutions.
In light of the documentary, An Inconvenient Tooth, as well as upcoming state legislation to pass water fluoridation in many communities, Harvard has retracted their earlier findings. This is a major blow to those like myself who are in contact with their state senators and trying to overturn water fluoridation. Harvard, tho corrupt they may be, still warrant a lot of respect from politicians.

What's issa to do?

Special thanks to this letter, which helped wake me up to this problem years ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well the original study, IIRC, did only look at ultra-high levels (20 or more times teh max US level allowed) in places like China & India, didn't it?

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

That may have to do with the fact it's impossible to lower IQ standards in the United States any further than they already are, fluoride or no fluoride.

What I don't get is why they still fluoridate water - are people actually drinking tap water anymore? Most kids I see at school are drinking bottled water. I grew up in the country, far from city water, and have healthy teeth. I got all the fluoride I needed from fluoridated tooth paste. Methinks it would be cheaper to stop pumping toxins into city water and instead hand out free tubes of fluoridated tooth paste to inner city kids (ostensibly the reason they began fluoridating water in the first place, to ensure poorer city kids had healthy teeth).

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The Harvard review, which was published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives, includes a comparison of IQ levels among children living in a village with an average fluoride concentration of 0.36 milligrams per liter (mg/L) to the IQ levels of children in another village with a fluoride concentration of 2.47 mg/L. Clearly, neither of these levels is above the federal government's maximum allowable concentration of 4 mg/L

If some of their recorded measurements were above 4 mg/l, than I'd like to know. But the only one mentioned is within our government's tolerable limit.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You gotta be flippin kiddin me................

not sure what else to say....

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i guess the US is safe to use it then....oh i just had some mouth wash, nearly fell for it lol

so keeping people docile and dumb is that important....maybe one of these dunces could of cured cancer

ah well

peace
edit on 25-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Im sure the sun only causes skin cancer in certain countries also

listen to the gaul,, it has all the answers

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Bottled water still comes from municipal water supplies. The only water that's not at risk of having fluoride is distilled water - which, coincidentally or not, is a form the government advises we not drink. Some Spring waters have very minimal fluoride however, like Ozarka Natural Spring Water, and I drink those. To find others that are 100% free of it however is impossible where I live.

And drinking aside, more fluoride is absorbed through the skin in showering than through drinking recommended levels of tap water (how scary is that?). It's also absorbed through clothes that have been washed, it's in our milk, fruits we eat, etc.

The Answerer here referenced some good material.
answers.yahoo.com...

A study by Professor Julian Andelman, Professor of Water Chemistry at the University of Pittsburg's Graduate School of Public Health, "found less chemical exposure from drinking the water than from using it to wash clothes or take a shower or a dip in the swimming pool". Every time you take a shower or go for a swim, you will be soaking it up. The percentage for skin absorption are as follows: Scalp - 32%, Ear Canal - 46%, Forehead - 36%, Plant of Foot - 13%, Forearm - 9%, Palm - 12%, male scrotum - 100%. Wearing clothes washed in fluoridated water is another source of fluoride.

So there's really no way to avoid the # in America. The best solution is to either move or find ways to get it out of your system because preventing it from getting in your system is basically impossible.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So fluoride only affects people outside of the USA? Obviously not...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
harvard researchers just proved their own theory.

they must be drinking tap water to come to that absurd and ridiculous statement.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

If they told you smoking cigarettes cures skin cancer, I bet 60% of the USA would actually believe it

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
harvard researchers just proved their own theory.

they must be drinking tap water to come to that absurd and ridiculous statement.

# they probably threatened Harvard's accreditation...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

If they told you smoking cigarettes cures skin cancer, I bet 60% of the USA would actually believe it

Do a study on this and come back with the figures. If 59% or less of the USA believes this, give yourself a 10 day ban.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
lol nice try Harvard.

"Don't worry America, it only dulls your mental ability in other countries! It's perfectly safe within the confines of our own border. Drink up!"

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
lmao... americans getting better at make jokes... they cant be serious - it only effects non-americans.... looks like they've o.d'd on the flouride there in america...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisBickle451

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Do a study on this and come back with the figures. If 59% or less of the USA believes this, give yourself a 10 day ban.

find me a scholar who would make a false study that proves it and I'd be happy to

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

That sounds good, we are super beings here in the USA and are immune to these kind of toxins
We drink lots of arsenic in our apple juice and not that many kids got sick
I guess if a big business or government agencies puts it in food and water it is perfectly safe. Yet they won't let us put it in the water ourselves because we can forget.

Fluoride and bromide are goiterogens so they calm us along with making us temporarily a little dumber. Who cares if it makes people fat, I feel better to know the numbers of fat people are growing. Within a few years everyone will be fat and insurance costs will be through the roof. You cannot lose weight if you eat a lot of goiterogens. Don't eat cruciferous veggies unless boiled and only eat spinach cooked. www.stopthethyroidmadness.com...
edit on 25-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

How many other ways that they dope us up do you guys want to know

edit on 25-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Set every building on fir..oh wait I can't say that it more than likely violates T&C.
Screw it every time something like this happens let's burn their buildings down....after hours and after we have cleared the buildings so no on gets hurt.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The Harvard review, which was published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives, includes a comparison of IQ levels among children living in a village with an average fluoride concentration of 0.36 milligrams per liter (mg/L) to the IQ levels of children in another village with a fluoride concentration of 2.47 mg/L. Clearly, neither of these levels is above the federal government's maximum allowable concentration of 4 mg/L

If some of their recorded measurements were above 4 mg/l, than I'd like to know. But the only one mentioned is within our government's tolerable limit.

Unfortunately with the original article no longer available these figures are unable to be tested.

I recall reading the abstract of the study where, IIRC, it mentioned fluiride levels up to 20 times the US EPA limit - but of course neither myrecollection nor the quote you supplied can actually be checked any more.

nonetheless my comment about EPA limits was in reply to a particular message on here, and remains valid as a erply to that message.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join