It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-D, the only dimension possible.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

YA? What the HELL IS he talking about. Venus has a surface temp. that will melt lead!

NOT a good place to visit. Even the Damn Landers only last a short time before they fail.

Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Fortunately The mind is dimensionless and can explore concepts we can't physically touch.
"plenty of very smart people disagree with you : here's one explaining "4 dimensions"

Yeah, But, We also KNOW Carl was Smoking Something !!!!!

I hate to say it as much as I love the guy ( I've read all his sci-fi) but some of his theories may have been drug induced which makes him a bit less credible.

Not saying he's wrong about this theory, but it has to be considered.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Fortunately The mind is dimensionless and can explore concepts we can't physically touch.
"plenty of very smart people disagree with you :

These men are story tellers, not realists ... they are "fantasy" writers. What is it, that is supposed to make them smart. That they can babble about their own imagination for hours, imagination that is based on fantasy and not reality. Or is the part, that they're babbling some foreign language you don't grasp, that make them sound smart?

Not that I believe in spirits, or the like, as in the OP's explanation. But I agree with the OP, there are only 3 dimensions.

The other dimensions, so many authors are talking about. Is not a dimension, merely state of energy. Perhaps, you could say that the word "dimension" can be used to describe it. But I disagree, that the state of energy of matter, and time, are dimensions in our concept of dimensions. In reality, it's our conceptual understanding of dimension, that is a problem here ... not that there are so many of them. For instance, distance is a function of energy ... to travel you need fuel, and energy ...the faster you wish to travel, the more energy you need. The photon, has a constant state of energy, therefore it's speed is close to being constant.

Distance is not a real thing, it's a sense ... just like smell, or sight. It's an interpretation of electric signals.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
I think the OP is referring to dimensions in terms of spiritual level and not physics. Two very different concepts.

Both are highly theoretical and not fact.

Except for those who actually experience real spiritual abilities.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

MATTER cannot even EXIST in only 3 Dimensional States. Matter contains Particles of Mass...ie...Protons and Electron with Hydrogen having just one Proton...as well as an Electron...which as a Quantum Particle behaves as both Particle and Wave.

If there we just 3 Dimensional States...an Electron Could NOT EXIST...THUS MATTER COULD NOT EXIST!

You have not the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
As I understand it we live in the 4th dimension. One must be one higher to perceive the one before it. Ist = plane, 2nd = height and width, 3rd = Height, width, and depth. 4th = height, Width Depth and Time. As we live in the 4th we can not perceive the 4th to its entirety nor can we understand the 5th. That's how I understand it anyway.

Edit to add: In contrast because we live in the fourth we can not understand the complexities of existing in the 3rd dimension or lower due to having the understandings of the 4th.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

We live within a reality described by all dimensions. The dimensions are not a place to "go" to.

We can directly perceive three dimensions, partially perceive one dimension (time) and we only know of the other dimensions through mathematics and physical theory.

Saying that something does not exist because we can't directly see it is silly & simply not true.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by 46ACE

Has anyone done that?

Yes, it is the basis of obtaining Synchrotron Radiation. Look it up.

People make money from making machinery that bends space-time using time dilation.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

I do not agree. There is one dimension. The dimension of the mind. Everything else is a manifest of that....

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Freedom Commander, for you to know so much your really not saying anything. Why dont you explain to us how you have seen Venus. You keep saying everyone is wrong about how dimensions work but you haven't explained it yourself. You've been down the rabbit hole, so explain how you did it and whats down there. I have a feeling your gonna tell me you "tripped" (aka drugs) down into it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Dimensions: Length, Breadth, Width (Height) and Time. This known Universe exists in these 4D's...

EG: In geometry, we learn that a point has no dimension, but a line is one-dimensional, it has length. A plane is two dimensional—length and breadth as, for example, a triangle or circle. A solid is three-dimensional—length, breadth, and height, as for example, a tetrahedron or a sphere. It is often said that time is the fourth dimension and, while this seems true, we can no longer use a static geometric image to represent it. Take a three-dimensional object and move it, and you have an image of the fourth dimension. Throw a Frisbee.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by FreedomCommander

I do not agree. There is one dimension. The dimension of the mind. Everything else is a manifest of that....

A Dimension is just a term of Geometry that describes Space/Time Constructs and whatever exists or does not exist within them.
One Dimension...is a single point where in a Single Dimensional Universe there is no length, width, Height or Time.
Two Dimensional Universe...cannot contain matter.
Three Dimensional Universe...also cannot contain Matter.
Four Dimensional Universe...Cannot contain Mater.

This will go on until we get to at least 10 or 11 Dimensional States FOR MATTER TO EXIST. Remember all Matter or Atoms...are comprised of Particles of Mass...ie...Protons and Neutrons except Hydrogen which has one Proton...and Electrons which are equal in number to Protons in an Atoms Nucleus.

All Matter is comprised of smaller QUANTUM PARTICLES which make up Protons and Neutron and an Electron is a Quantum Particle. Thus since an Apple is completely comprised of QUANTUM PARTICLES...an APPLE CANNOT EXIST IN ONLY 3 DIMENSIONAL STATES!

All Quantum Particles exist as both Particle and Wave thus Your Apple is NOT 3 DIMENSIONAL...it exists in our Divergent Universal Reality within a 10 or 11 Dimensional State. But that is not all of the Apples True Reality as there are INFINITE VERSIONS OF THAT SPECIFIC SAME APPLE and Probability and Choice such as if you take a bite out of it...will determine How Many Quarks EXIST WITHIN YOUR APPLE. If you take a bite...it will contain more Quarks...if you do not Bite into the Apple...it will contain less Quarks. If you take a bite and have an allergic reaction...the Number of Quarks will be close to or at Maximum in number.

3-D means that there can be no movement...thus an Atom cannot exist as it could not either have the Electron Orbiting it's Nucleus...as well as there can not exist a Nucleus because Protons and Neutrons that make up an Atoms Nucleus are Made up ENTIRELY OF QUANTUM PARTICLE/WAVEFORMS. So even for an Apple to exist...you need a Universal Reality of Space/Time Geometry with at least 10 or 11 Dimensional States as well as a MULTIVERSE for Quantum Particle Exchange via Blinking out of Reality or Blinking Into Reality. There is MUCH MORE GOING ON THAN PEOPLE THINK OR UNDERSTAND! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

Has anyone done that?

Done what?
second line="confusion"

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just for fun, here's a visualization of four dimensions by R. A. Heinlein:

"Suppose we take you as an example. Your name is Rogers, is it not? Very well, Rogers, you are a space-time event having duration four ways. You are not quite six feet tall, you are about twenty inches wide and perhaps ten inches thick. In time, there stretches behind you more of this space-time event, reaching to, perhaps, 1905, of which we see a cross section here at right angles to the time axis, and as thick as the present. At the far end is a baby, smelling of sour milk and drooling its breakfast on its bib. At the other end lies, perhaps, an old man some place in the 1980s.

Life Line (his very first story)

Also, as long as I'm here, here's a bit on multi-demensionalism, also by Heinlein:

Attention, class. The two prongs of the caltrop painted blue represent our three-dimensional space of experience. The third prong painted yellow is the t-time we are used to. The red fourth prong simulates both Tau-time and Teh-time, the unexplored time dimensions necessary to Jake's theory. Sharpie, we have condensed six dimensions into four, then we either work by analogy into six

"Let me see," I said. "If I understood earlier, each dimension can be swapped for any other."
"By ninety-degree rotation, yes."
"Wouldn't that be the combinations taken four at a time out of a set of six? How many is that?"
"Fifteen," Zebbie answered.
"Goodness! Fifteen whole universes? And we use only one?"
"No, no, my darling! That would be ninety-degree rotations of one Euclidean universe. But our universe, or universes, has been known to be non-Euclidean at least since 1919. Or 1886 if you prefer. I stipulate that cosmology is an imperfect discipline, nevertheless, for considerations that I cannot state in nonmathematical terms, I was forced to assume a curved space of positive radius-- that is to say, a closed space. That makes the universes possibly accessible to use either by rotation or by translation this number." My husband rapidly wrote three sixes.
"Six sixty-six," I said wonderingly. "The Number of the Beast."
"Eh? Oh! The Revelation of Saint John the Divine. But I scrawled it sloppily. You took it that I wrote this: "666" But what I intended to write was this:
666 ~ Six raised to its sixth power, and the result in turn raised to its sixth power. That number is this:" 1.03144 + X 10~~ "--or written in full:"
10,314,424,798,490,535,546,171,949,056 "--or more than ten million sextillion universes in our group."

From "Number of the Beast" I pulled this snippet from here

Of course, this is all just fiction. I just thought it was an interesting concept, and seemed to relate to the topic at hand.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
isnt the fourth dimension about time and space.

peace

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Could I recommend ZOMETOOLS for an introduction to the multi dimensional aspect of universe.
YOU reader are multi dimensional, but You are kept from comprehending such by control forces .
www.youtube.com...
gravitor
edit on 19-9-2012 by gravitor because: add utub link

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by 46ACE

YA? What the HELL IS he talking about. Venus has a surface temp. that will melt lead!

NOT a good place to visit. Even the Damn Landers only last a short time before they fail.

Split Infinity

Have YOU been to Venus???
Or are You a Venusian???
gravitor

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
one flag about sums up peoples feelings on this thread, which is nonsense. lol. stay thinking that 3d is the only dimension and you'll never raise with the earth to 4d SOON.
edit on 19-9-2012 by GameKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Don't believe me? Have you ever, in your lifetime, been in any of the other dimension? What does it look like? What's the taste like there? What are you feeling there?

There are obviously more than three physical dimensions, and we experience them all the time, at least indirectly. Take two magnets and hold them with opposite poles close together. Feel that pull? That's the pull of an extra dimension existing at "right" angles to the three we normally deal with. Length, width, height, and "through."

Unfortunately, people sometimes use the word "dimension" to indicate an alternate reality situation or structure. In that case, our dreams are as close as anything to that. We think, feel, interact with an alternate reality, usually defined in our consciousness using what we already know of the "real" reality. But it doesn't usually last long. It's inconsistent and temporary. Maybe people in long comas are able to stabilize it, I don't know.

But that doesn't mean it isn't real in some way. We all agree that dreams exist. They're a real thing. Even though all of our evidence for them is anecdotal. It all depends on how you want to define your reality.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
3D is the most practical way of enacting the story book. But the pixels on the mirror are all 2D and then lasers/stars erect them. So in reality, we're really 2d. But its OK, however you want to see this. I see it as a dusty old DVD on the shelf and want out now, but want everyone out with me.

In any case, there are infinite channels, UV spectrum, density, and we're all programmed with unique time stamps, our star is our clock basically, though no two people experience time quite the same, so some of earth is perception.

Anyway, if we're stuck on FM 98.9, there lots of other stations. I tend to see them as 3D (ish), but we don't know all there is, what a greater input of consciousness means.

The greater UV range/spectrum and operating multidimensionally, to me merely relates to Greater Consciousness or growth in soul orb, and that is determined by passing tests here, by overcoming selfishness and greed, and apathy to those in need, by forgiving everyone as much as one can to be forgiven and grow past this realm of opposition and harm.

Its pretty simple to me.

There is No Spoon!
edit on 19-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

"plenty of very smart people disagree with you :

These men are story tellers, not realists ... they are "fantasy" writers. What is it, that is supposed to make them smart. That they can babble about their own imagination for hours, imagination that is based on fantasy and not reality. Or is the part, that they're babbling some foreign language you don't grasp, that make them sound smart?

Not that I believe in spirits, or the like, as in the OP's explanation. But I agree with the OP, there are only 3 dimensions.

The other dimensions, so many authors are talking about. Is not a dimension, merely state of energy. Perhaps, you could say that the word "dimension" can be used to describe it. But I disagree, that the state of energy of matter, and time, are dimensions in our concept of dimensions. In reality, it's our conceptual understanding of dimension, that is a problem here ... not that there are so many of them. For instance, distance is a function of energy ... to travel you need fuel, and energy ...the faster you wish to travel, the more energy you need. The photon, has a constant state of energy, therefore it's speed is close to being constant.

Distance is not a real thing, it's a sense ... just like smell, or sight. It's an interpretation of electric signals.
"storytellers?"

Early teaching and research

Over the next ten years Sagan held teaching and/or research posts at the University of California at Berkeley, Harvard University, the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, and Stanford University. In 1970 he became director of Cornell University's Laboratory for Planetary Studies and David Duncan Professor of Astronomy and Space Science. In addition to his academic appointments Sagan served as a consultant to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and was closely associated with the unmanned (without astronauts onboard) space missions to Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.
The surface and atmosphere of Venus

Sagan's first major research effort was an investigation of the surface and atmosphere of Venus. In the late 1950's

Read more: Carl Sagan Biography - life, family, parents, name, death, history, school, book, information, born, achievements www.notablebiographies.com...

www.notablebiographies.com...

Google is indeed your friend; now take your silly azzed disrespectful question down the hall..

edit on 19-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join