It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who dances with the moray eels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is a truly incredible story that I saw on a French TV show last week.

You can turn off the sound as the comments are in French and bring nothing interesting to the story.

On an island paradise, meetings are always amazing. In Mauritius, more than a meeting, this is a true friendship that has managed to create Hugues Vitry with a moray ... A wild unexpected and incredible friendship. A man dancing with moray eels and bewitches these enigmatic, and sometimes terrifying beings. A friendship that illuminates in a new way the relationship between humans and animals and what we know about them.

For a diver, rub morays is not very careful. True sea snakes measuring up to 3 meters, moray eels have a strong character, and have especially sharp teeth that can inflict deep wounds. But at Mauritius, a man managed to tame the dreaded fish.

Name: Hugues Vitry:

Her best friend: a Javanese moray, 2.40 meters long, aged: forty years old:

For nearly 30 years, Hughes plunges with her several times a week. Gradually, by dint of will and charm, he managed to tame it, or rather to be tamed by it. Today, at the first sound he created especially for her, the impressive young lady comes out of her hole and just curl around him begging for hugs!

Hugues Vitry has established a relationship with an amazing moray, but it does not stop at this first victory. We also meet the other 4 moray eels that he tries to tame for almost 8 years. With patience and perseverance, they are now trusted him. A unique opportunity to discover the secrets of his long outreach work with these animals that are as fascinating as frightening.

Translation by myself from this French paper
edit on 16-9-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
very cool. always nice to see animals interacting peacefully with people, of their own accord, in their own environment. those morays are impressive beasts.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wow it shows what patience and respect can do.
i normaly find pictures of Moray eels ugly and vicious but watching them interact with the diver casts them in a new light to me, they look beautiful and graceful.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It took him time, years, to gain their trust. They are not normally loving, at least with humans, I imagine, but all spirit children are Love. Just watching the video reminded me of one of Dolores Cannon's books where one of her clients recalled a past life in the ocean, I believe as a manta ray. I never knew what to make of that, but I believe Love is universal and progressive for the soul. And miracles, friendships occur with an open heart.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That is a loving friendship, you can see the joy they have in each other! The eels remind me of cats, and how they will rub all over you when their love is deep. They give themselves over to the glory of feeling you, much as it looks in your video.
Great to see!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Simply breathtaking.
To think that a wild ocean creature and a human could interact in such a way. The eel clearly shows a bond with the man....even a kind of love.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The thing that I think this shows the most is not so much of an amazing feat by a human but much more an amazing bit of proof that Moray eels and many other creatures are capable of critical thought which leads me to question if we understand ANYTHING about what our world and wildlife has to offer.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Just Wow.

How can anyone say, creatures do not have complex thoughts? That they cannot think? love?

S&F

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thats Epic, thanks for posting

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
very cool. always nice to see animals interacting peacefully with people, of their own accord, in their own environment. those morays are impressive beasts.

It is as if he IS vibrating on a peaceful frequency the eels CAN FEEL, w/o FEAR causing interruptions of the frequency outputs. Nice to see FAUNA life interacting like this.

top topics

join