It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims protest in Sydney, Australia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz

NSW anti-discrimination law defines vilification as a public act that could incite or encourage hatred, serious contempt or severe ridicule towards people because of the above characteristics.

www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au...

The alleged film that started this? the child with the beheading placard? The paradox.

Please lets not breed more hate, and getting angry at the protesters is exactly that.

Not sure what planet you are on buddy, you avatar is offensive to me.

In fact - I am not even going to bother with you. That's what you want isn't it to be ignored.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

NSW anti-discrimination law defines vilification as a public act that could incite or encourage hatred, serious contempt or severe ridicule towards people because of the above characteristics.

www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au...

The alleged film that started this? the child with the beheading placard? The paradox.

Please lets not breed more hate, and getting angry at the protesters is exactly that.

Not sure what planet you are on buddy, you avatar is offensive to me.

In fact - I am not even going to bother with you. That's what you want isn't it to be ignored.

Is it that I used the pic of the kid, or was it that I changed it to read "I SUPPORT SECTION 51 (xxvi) OF THE AUSTRALIAN CONSTITUTION"?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

The actual sign itself is not the problem, it is the opportunist exploitation of an image in incredibly poor taste.

Though - I promise, I won't start a hate campaign

I really will ignore you

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Now we know what the US Marines are doing in Australia!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I saw a reporter in Cairo comment on the unrest there. He said the people are calm until they go to their Mosques for prayer and come out enraged. Their religious leaders are perpetuating the violence.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanrak77

Originally posted by steve1709
PLEASE! All of you muzzies here in Australia that put your primitive religion before the peace and security of all here in our wonderful country, just GO OVER TO THE ME where you can jump and play with all of the other backward retards.

I for one don't want you here in Australia. If you were born here, then you forfeit the right to be Aussie when you carry on like you did in Sydney. The Cronulla riots, now the Sydney protest. PLEASE just leave!!!!! Hopefully, every one of those unAustralian maggots are now on a police picture watch list. (I wonder if indoctrinating CHILDREN with their dogma could be classed as child abuse? hmmmm)

Religion of peace blah!!! What a joke.

Just watched a doco on tracking potential terrorists in the USA, showed them interviewing a Somali who was let into USA on assilum grounds and he returns the favour with planning to bomb and shoot up a shopping mall. He was asked if he had any terrorist connections and he answered "no Islam is the religion of peace and forbids such things" while secretly planning terrorist activities. IMO the whole religion is based on lies, deception and plain brutal thuggary.

So once more for the dummy protesters, please just LEAVE OUR COUNTRY!

I guess this has to be changed a bit now.

Many Muslims today are not happy!

They're not happy in Gaza
They're not happy in Egypt .
They're not happy in Libya
They're not happy in Morocco .
They're not happy in Iran
They're not happy in Iraq .
They're not happy in Yemen
They're not happy in Afghanistan .
They're not happy in Pakistan .
They're not happy in Syria .
They're not happy in Lebanon .

So, where are they happy?

They're happy in Australia .
They're happy in the UK .
They're happy in Canada .
They're happy in the US .
They're happy in France .
They're happy in Germany .
They're happy in Italy .
They're happy in Sweden .
They're happy in Denmark .
They're happy in Norway .
So……They're happy in every country that is not Muslim.

And who do they blame?

Not Islam.
Not their leadership.
Not themselves.
THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!
AND THEY WANT TO CHANGE THEM TO BE LIKE THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY.

Very intelligent - NOT!!!!

This is a fantastic post and really does sum the whole thing up. We are having exactly the same problems here in England with young extreme muslims burning poppies and spouting vile abuse at soldiers. We also now have a massive problem with muslim men deliberately targeting and grooming under age white girls, some as young as 11. On top of this huge areas are being turned in to muslim only no go areas where they are trying to implement sharia law. Its an absolute disgrace that we are supposed to just button our mouths and say nothing due to being labeled racist.

I will say something though the tension is building here and in some areas its close to melting point. I fear there is going to be huge battle soon on the streets of this country.

Unfortunaately, Muslims are no longer a minority in England, france anda few other European countries.

I really feel for you, having to put up with this.

Lucky for Australia and NZ, Muslim is still a very small minority. They only make up for around 4% of our population (or they did at last count..lol). There are more Jewish, Hindu & Bhuddist than there are Muslim and Christians make up the rest (about 85%). Of those theyh are divided into the different cristian sub-sects.

Every group in Australia exept the muslim community gets along just fine. Nobody else runs amok in the streets waving banners to behead someone (only the muslims).

My greatest fear is how long before they get worked up enough to take it to the next level on one of their protest marches, they already put 8 police officers in hospital (yes it was 8 not 4..!!). We already know that Aussie women offend Allah and we saw what happened to that American woman reporter when mob mentality took over a group of muslim men..!!

I can tell you now, we don't want them here and yes, even if they are bone here.!! When they start acting like this and put other citizens at risk, they forfiet their right to be Aussies and should be deported to somewhere that will accept their behavior.

I'm not alone in this thought either, the numbers of people getting fed up with the Muslim way, Jihad talk and stuff is growing fast (this includes some of our politicians too) and it has nothing to do with what goes on out there, it's their behavior here that is setting the stage for a big ass wooping downunder. It almost happened in Sydeney a few years ago when Muslims started a riot over a few girls in bikinis at a local beach, which turned nasty when lifeguards tried to help the girls, then half the city turned on the muslim mob..lol

None of this has anything to do with TPTB trying to make the hate, the Radical muslim community has done it to themselves.

edit on 9/16/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Unfortunaately, Muslims are no longer a minority in England, france anda few other European countries.

The only European nation with a majority of its population is Albania.

Lucky for Australia and NZ, Muslim is still a very small minority. They only make up for around 4% of our population (or they did at last count..lol). There are more Jewish, Hindu & Bhuddist than there are Muslim and Christians make up the rest (about 85%). Of those theyh are divided into the different cristian sub-sects.

Australian muslim population 1.9%; NZ 0.9%
en.wikipedia.org...

Every group in Australia exept the muslim community gets along just fine. Nobody else runs amok in the streets waving banners to behead someone (only the muslims).

I would say that dumb, drunk, racist bogans would be a group that causes significant trouble in Australia; but since they are not recent immigrants (or the descendants there of), I guess we wont count them.

My greatest fear is how long before they get worked up enough to take it to the next level on one of their protest marches, they already put 8 police officers in hospital (yes it was 8 not 4..!!). We already know that Aussie women offend Allah and we saw what happened to that American woman reporter when mob mentality took over a group of muslim men..!!

My greatest fear is having above kind of rhetoric reflected in policy/legislation our government may hastily enact to appease the lowest common denominator in Australia society.

I can tell you now, we don't want them here and yes, even if they are bone here.!! When they start acting like this and put other citizens at risk, they forfiet their right to be Aussies and should be deported to somewhere that will accept their behavior.

You cant deport people born here if they only hold Australian citizenship--and only if convicted of an indictable offence. I wont go further into the legalities of deportation, as I feel the legal jargon may be confusing to a casual reader.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Australian muslim population 1.9%; NZ 0.9%
en.wikipedia.org...

I knew it was small but I could have sworn I saw a article on the last census that said 4% (that could have been for just for a spesific region and not the national number).

I would say that dumb, drunk, racist bogans would be a group that causes significant trouble in Australia; but since they are not recent immigrants (or the descendants there of), I guess we wont count them.

I may be a country bogan, but I'm far from dumb and I am not a racist. I never said Arabs, I said Muslims!! I have no issues with anyone of any colour and Muslims can be anyone, from anywhere..!!

To be fair, I don't much like hardline Christians or Zionists either.

My greatest fear is having above kind of rhetoric reflected in policy/legislation our government may hastily enact to appease the lowest common denominator in Australia society.

I'm not entirely sure what your saying here mate.. Are you actually saying that if these people actually did take it to the next level on Australian soil, there should be no policy to allow for the absolute protection of our other citizens from any such actions, due to freedom of religion and right to express that freedom according to their interpretation of that religion?

Lowest common denominator? I take it you mean the Bogan percentage of the population.. Ya we gotto keep the bogans happy don't we..lol The variety and growing number of people getting sick of this behavior are far from the lowest rungs of society. Try asking around, you might be surprised.

You cant deport people born here if they only hold Australian citizenship--and only if convicted of an indictable offence. I wont go further into the legalities of deportation, as I feel the legal jargon may be confusing to a casual reader.

I would say that if they did start getting really violent and put the lives of police, citizens and property at risk, it would be an indictable offence. There are alternatives to deportation though. There's plenty of islands out there we don't currently use as guantanamo.....errr i mean.... Immigration detention centers..lol
edit on 9/16/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I'm not entirely sure what your saying here mate.. Are you actually saying that if these people actually did take it to the next level on Australian soil, there should be no policy to allow for the absolute protection of our other citizens from any such actions, due to freedom of religion and right to express that freedom according to their interpretation of that religion?

No. What I am saying is that if we start making laws that curtail our own liberties, in the name of supposed security, then we will be the ones who ultimately lose.

We have laws to protect citizens form violence (Crimes Act in most states; Criminal Code in WA and QLD), we have laws against religious vilification; Vilification does not trump Crimes. Any group must be allowed to protest, but also every person is answerable to the law. The system is not perfect but is is an evolving system, if we disregard hundreds of years of jurisprudence that moulded our common law system then are basically dragging our society back into the dark ages.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

No. What I am saying is that if we start making laws that curtail our own liberties, in the name of supposed security, then we will be the ones who ultimately lose.

We have laws to protect citizens form violence (Crimes Act in most states; Criminal Code in WA and QLD), we have laws against religious vilification; Vilification does not trump Crimes. Any group must be allowed to protest, but also every person is answerable to the law. The system is not perfect but is is an evolving system, if we disregard hundreds of years of jurisprudence that moulded our common law system then are basically dragging our society back into the dark ages.

I really don't think their ultimate goal it to play by our laws or rules. They do use them though for their own advantage and we will end up paying for it, just like england and france are now (even you must see this). These protests will get worse and worse and they will push it to the very limits untill the government gives them a little Shira to quiet them down...

Personally, I'd rather see it go the other way and have them push too far..

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I really don't think their ultimate goal it to play by our laws or rules. They do use them though for their own advantage and we will end up paying for it, just like england and france are now (even you must see this). These protests will get worse and worse and they will push it to the very limits untill the government gives them a little Shira to quiet them down...

I think it might be their ultimate goal, those who migrated to this country came to benifit from living in our (mostly) free society, not to turn it into the Islamic Nation-State that they most likely fled. Tho this is only my understanding from talking with refugees, international students, Australian muslims born here to migrant parents... ya know; My uninformed opinion. I really doubt the governement will adopt any aspects of Shira, but they DO have the Constitutional right to create such laws. s 51 (xxvi).

Personally, I'd rather see it go the other way and have them push too far..

Why? so you can witness the chaos that will follow? Do you really want to see muslim Australians at "war" with the rest of the Australia population?
edit on 16-9-2012 by cartenz because: No, not railway construction...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Well not all cultures are valid and not all are compatible.

I have to ask; What makes a culture 'invalid'?

2nd.

it is a subjective thing, so clearly it varies

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Well not all cultures are valid and not all are compatible.

I have to ask; What makes a culture 'invalid'?

2nd.

it is a subjective thing, so clearly it varies

So what is it in your subjectivity that makes a culture invalid?

I Googled invalid culture and that could not give me any clarification
(did take me to an interesting stack overflow page tho)
edit on 16-9-2012 by cartenz because: I hunt turkeys

edit on 16-9-2012 by cartenz because: and cant spell

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
hmm ! hey boys something is wrong !

edit on 16-9-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Now it's reached Britain...

Around 300 people have been protesting outside the US Embassy in London as demonstrations over an American-made anti-Islam film spread across Europe.

The crowd - many associated with the hardline Hizb ut-Tahrir group - shouted slogans and held placards saying, "America - get out of Muslim lands".

The gathering, mostly men but including some women and children, listened to speakers condemning the controversial film, US foreign policy and "oppression" of Muslims.

Hundreds In London Anti-Islam Film Protest

Nothing in the US yet though?

CX.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Of course there is nothing stateside as in the USA. People can be labelled as a terrorist and either shot out of hand or locked away. Land of the free? lol

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I do not care who you are, what you believe. If your personal premise is not Live and Let Live.....you need to die.
If your an athiest and do not want christians to Live and Let Live.......you need to die
If your a Christian and do not want athiest to Live and Let Live........I want you to die as well
And if you are muslim and do not want anyone to Live and Let Live unless they are muslim ........ Time for you to check out

Now if I have to generalize, which I have a tendency to do....muslims appear to me to not carry this as a belief. I have seen far too many of them, literally thousands and thousands and thousands of them, not just limited to one country, but in dozens of countries, gathered up as far as the eye can see calling for the death of people they have never met and who has never caused them any harm what so ever..... and for what. a cartoon, the burning of a book, sorry there is no place for people like this.
Why should they even get food when a person who has no interest in harming anyone goes hungry. I would be the first person to gather up every scrap of food in their house and tell them I have determined they are unworthy of nutrition and I am taking their food and giving it to someone who is.

You can hate someone for what ever reason you want, color of their skin, religious beliefs, how tall they are, I could care less. You can carry signs declaring your hatred for people who eat meat or savagely pull vegetables from the ground, doesn't bother me a bit................but to kill person A, because person B hurt your feelings. I do not even know how to wrap my mind around it, it is easier to grasp the vastness of the universe than to understand that. They should have used mustard gas on that crowd and called their families to come claim the bodies
I have no interest in harming anyone......right up until they show me that they do.....then I want to rip their heart out.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Land of the free? lol

We will see how much you LOL when your family and children are in danger of being hurt or killed.

Hopefully by then you would have grown up a little and realised how stupid your comment actually is

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

They should have used mustard gas on that crowd and called their families to come claim the bodies
reply to post by unknown1234

little bit harsh there innit?

First time offence should just get a warning. I believe that has been the outcome.

next time however,....

They better pray to allah there will not be a next time.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
An Aussie I know who loves violence was one of these protesters and he is not muslim some people just turned up to cause violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join