It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

german and british embassies attacked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Not really, the movie is just an excuse for everyone who has a chip on their shoulder to kick off.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I quite like the protest in Jakarta though. Usual banners screaming hate and like but when interviewed the attitude isn't "we hate the West", it is "we want the West to do something about those that publish material like this".

So whilst they may look like the usual horde they actually are peaceful and simply making a point. Maybe they should go on tour around the Middle East and show them what proper protest is about........

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by jibeho
The KFC /Hardees is now on fire and tear gas fired at crowds gathering around embassy in Sudan

www.bbc.co.uk...

Well, personally speaking, i don't have a problem with that. Bloody horrible food. Leave the embassies alone and burn down all KFC's says I!

It's all about the gravy.. *Drools*

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history
may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
- Arthur C. Clarke -

Check out the Coptic Christians and who HATES them.
Then find out how "Innocence of Muslims" is connected with the Coptic Christians.
edit on 14-9-2012 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I hope those in the German and British Embassies are all right. Any news on the people in them?
Any casualties?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I hope those in the German and British Embassies are all right. Any news on the people in them?
Any casualties?

1316: German officials say their staff are safe after the German embassy in Khartoum came under attack in Khartoum.

That was a while ago though...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Any casualties?

I saw a tweet from someone at CNN that stated they had been evcuated and are safe.

@RAGreeneCNN
Breaking: #German staff SAFE after embassy in #Khartoum #Sudan set on fire in protest over anti-Mohammed film. Evacuated before demo.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

The KFC /Hardees is now on fire and tear gas fired at crowds gathering around embassy in Sudan

www.bbc.co.uk...

Well, personally speaking, i don't have a problem with that. Bloody horrible food. Leave the embassies alone and burn down all KFC's says I!

Sweaty chicken every single time i have had a KFC so my judgement is coloured. Nothing worse than sweaty chicken, can feel the bile rising at the thought of it.........

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Deena Adel Tweets from Cairo: Hotel guests freaking out, some with their luggage ready but unable to leave, their eyes tearing up from the strong tear gas.
1341: More than 5,000 protesters are now reported to have gathered at the heavily fortified US embassy outside the Sudanese capital Khartoum.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm not surprised they are freaking out..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

www.bbc.co.uk...

I am going on the record as opposing the burning of any restaurants.

I have to say that I've eaten pasties and steak/kidney pie in the UK, and I found KFC superior to those dishes.
Fish and chips were good though.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thanks Suspiria, and OneisOne........

I hope everyone stays safe today.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Some live tweets ... why would any American go anywhere near the area???

Deena Adel Tweets from Cairo: Hotel guests freaking out, some with their luggage ready but unable to leave, their eyes tearing up from the strong tear gas.

1341: More than 5,000 protesters are now reported to have gathered at the heavily fortified US embassy outside the Sudanese capital Khartoum.

Bel Trew tweets from Cairo: Now there is much more anti-US sentiment than during morning clashes. I would not want to be American here,lots of interrogations

edit on 9/14/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There is a report on my home town football message boards in England (where these attacks are being debated in the Off Topic section) that the United States Ambassador to Libya was sexually assaulted before he was murdered.
Is there any reports in the US regarding this?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

I'm guessing you're correct. Although returning it to breaking news would certainly save their good name.

link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
There is a report on my home town football message boards in England (where these attacks are being debated in the Off Topic section) that the United States Ambassador to Libya was sexually assaulted before he was murdered.
Is there any reports in the US regarding this?

Yeah there's a thread about it here...
Now I'm just wondering where in hell my Sister in Law has gone on holiday.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The religion of peace at work again?..Who would expect this?..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Alan Boswell tweets: The protests in Khartoum seem conveniently more anti-West than anti-"movie". Okay, NCP, nice distraction. #Sudan

Archi, Khartoum, Sudan emails: Am in Khartoum, hearing that UK embassy "breached", German Embassy "burning", German staff at UK embassy. "thousands" of protesters at US embassy about 10 mins out of town and all US citizens and staff on 'lock down' at their respective houses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join