It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters storm US Embassy in Yemen in new attack - Protests in Bangladeshi, Sudan, Iran & Morocco

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I love how we need to "overlook the actions of the few"
Really when the movie that started this was a low budget nothing on youtube, made by nobodies.
But our potus and Hilary goes out of their way to "condem" the movie. WTF!?! No matter how offensive it may have been to foreigners fact is that they are owed nothing in ways of a apology. Especially since this outrage is so manufactured. How many of the regular people in Libya & Egypt have acess to youtube? The folks in charge try to limit that kind of info and well if you are poor, internet is the last thing on your list of things you need. So that puts it into the hands of the kind of people who would stir up trouble. Interesting how this started don't ya think? Egypt and Libya first now it has spread to other countries? Sounds planned to me. And sounds like it is a smokescreen for something else.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
It sickens me how the left and MSM are actually attacking the creator of the film and defending the Islamic extremists. There are TV shows and "art" in the US that regularly belittles and disrespects Christians. I've never heard a liberal call for those examples to be shut up. Yet, when it comes to Islam suddenly people want to be cowards and give up their rights so they don't make the religious extremists upset.

I don't like religion, period. However, this crap makes me want to get a big decal on my car that says # ISLAM", simply to express my concern for the ability for people to express themselves freely.

I'm a leftie. I'm not defending these murderers one bit. In fact, I see Islam fundamentalists becoming a scourge.

Don't make sweeping statements. In fact, one of the guys killed was active in a big online game I play called Eve online and his death has affected thousands online, which hits home even more, knowing it was part of a community I was involved in.

Very sad.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
We dont currently have anyone playing Commander in Chief right now.

We have a child playing with G.I. Joes.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is happening because obama's appointed department heads ignored and are still ignoring the real threat and they have been and still continue to concentrate on Americans, Yes, People We are the biggest Threat To this Administration,,,, You don't see or hear of obama trying to appease us do you?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
It sickens me how the left and MSM are actually attacking the creator of the film and defending the Islamic extremists. There are TV shows and "art" in the US that regularly belittles and disrespects Christians. I've never heard a liberal call for those examples to be shut up. Yet, when it comes to Islam suddenly people want to be cowards and give up their rights so they don't make the religious extremists upset.

I don't like religion, period. However, this crap makes me want to get a big decal on my car that says # ISLAM", simply to express my concern for the ability for people to express themselves freely.

Your post gives me hope that there is still a semblance of sanity left on this site. Well said.

As for the deplorable acts of the perpetrators in Libya and in other emerging areas of the Middle East, I can't possibly fathom how anyone in their right mind would try to justify their actions.

I realize that these recent acts are not indicative of Muslims in general, but it seems like barbaric acts of cruelty and violence are far too common in Islamic countries.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The truth of the matter is we are being played........

What better people to get all bent out of shape then a bunch of religious nut jobs who hate just about everything. This movie.....
....will bring them all together under one big hate filled flag. The timing is perfect.

Whoever planned this is a evil genius. But a genius none the less. Everyone seems to be playing the part perfect.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

There are TV shows and "art" in the US that regularly belittles and disrespects Christians. I've never heard a liberal call for those examples to be shut up. Yet, when it comes to Islam suddenly people want to be cowards and give up their rights so they don't make the religious extremists upset.

Yes, you're right of-course.
Did the Christian Community Kill Anyone over these totally hideously made movies?
Corpus Christi, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter, Zombie Jesus or Ultrachrist.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
hey guys, all those fema prison camps and plastic coffins are going to get put to use! and americans probably wont be filling them!:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Perhaps this should have a thread of it's own, feel free. I am just adding it here as it relates to the discussion posted by several members about where this is going.

Israeli Arab Official Warns Of ‘Armageddon’ Over Anti-Islam Film
washington.cbslocal.com...

Now we have anti-American protesting in Tel Aviv. This makes at least 7 countries protesting (if you call what happened in Libya a protest).

About 100 people participated in a peaceful protest at the American embassy.

A top Israeli Arab Knesset official warned of “Armageddon” if the United Nations does not intervene.

“If the U.N. does not mobilize to stop this erosion, it will be Armageddon,” MK Talab el-Sana told the Israeli paper.

Picture below comes from: weaselzippers.us...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Unfortunately....I think more civil unrest against the United States is coming....this is only the beginning.

I have had visions and dreams about all of this...I believe that heaven sent to me those visions and dreams as a warning.

Whatever your spiritual belief is...it is time to pray.

I live in the U.S. and I am now bracing myself for major civil unrest to begin here; I think there will be a time soon that we will be under martial law...for a season. It is time to stock up on water and food etc. if you haven't already.

I admit it...I am scared.

I agree with you, which is why I moved to a more rural area away from the masses of the big city.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

What is there to diffuse?

It's a freaking movie. Grow up and get over it.

Rational adults can see that and say. Wow that's offensive and then go on with their business.

Rioting because it's offensive.... is well offensive.

Unfortunately, that's obviously not the reality we find ourselves in. You can argue that it's not reasonable all you like, and I would agree, but it's still happening and suggesting it's just stupid is not going to change anything.

Would you rather we deal with the reality, as it is, no matter how stupid we see it as being, or should we just ignore it and cross our fingers that things don't get worse?

Personally, I think we need to see someone take action on this.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
To all you peeps in this thread that say this is just caused by religious fanatics you are missing half the picture. This is a direct response to US fanatism. The US has interfered with almost every country in the middle east. Murdered leaders and killed millions of people.

Take responsibility for your actions..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join