It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV cameras being used in school toilets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

A total of 825 cameras were located in the toilets or changing rooms of 207 schools across England, Scotland and Wales, according to data provided by more than 2,000 schools.

Placing CCTV in school bathrooms poses a worrying development in school policy and raises a number of questions. How many parents have given headteachers permission to film their child going to the toilet or having a shower?

With 1.8m pupils being taught in these schools, there was an average of one camera for every 38 children.

I know I'm supposed to say something when I start a thread but I'm at a loss for words on this one.

Link to source

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
in america we call that a felony

there is no law there aganst this sick behavior?
edit on 11-9-2012 by jplaysguitar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What the hell?

America has it's long list of problems but at least I feel safe going to the bathroom ! This is disgusting and perverted.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
in america we call that a felony

Over here they call it - Keeping us safe.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Pork chop freakin sandwiches!

At what point does a person think this sounds like a reasonable idea?
Just ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

safe from what? entrances auditoriums lunch rooms i can see but what in the wold do thay need them in the bathrooms for?

is there a stagering amount of students with narcalepsy*?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Unless somebody is sitting at a monitor watching they do not provide any safety whatsoever. Who is it that sits in these schools watching? Do the staff take it in turn, or is it an outside agency?

What happens to the footage?

You would expect parents to go crazy and demand blood, but nothing happens.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The initial reactions posted to this article are completely reasonable and understandable, but this thread lacks any actual conversation or questions to try to come to terms with any facts about the matter.

What do the cameras actually see?
Is footage recorded and retained? For how long?
Who, if anybody, is watching the camera footage?

For what it's worth, in the United States there are clothing stores that use cameras inside their dressing rooms, and said cameras are watched by same-sex personnel. Also, these dressing rooms have signs which say that the dressing rooms have cameras.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisBickle451
For what it's worth, in the United States there are clothing stores that use cameras inside their dressing rooms, and said cameras are watched by same-sex personnel. Also, these dressing rooms have signs which say that the dressing rooms have cameras.

People have a clear choice concerning the cameras you mention, they dont have to enter dressing rooms.
The children in the schools have no choice.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Talk about invading privacy. This is wrong on so many levels.

Like somebody else said, I'm also at loss with words. Something needs to be done about this. If I was one of the students that was in a School with a camera in the toilets, I'd take a crap in the hallway during class periods while hopefully no one is looking and hopes everyone else follows along with it. Revolt!
edit on 11-9-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wow.... I'm not even sure what to say to this.

I can't believe there isn't major outrage from parents. If that happened where I live, it would be an all out riot.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

My 8yr old came to me today claiming cameras in the bathroom, I thought perhaps he was confusing it with something else.....I'm going to scope out the bathrooms next time...

He was pretty sure they were cameras....hmmmm

I thought he was seeing sprinkler systems, or motion detectors.

If its in England, its coming to America...
edit on 11-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

thing is here its aganst the law to photo anybody under 18 being naked at least i think . actully not positive but i think its Highly illegal as in felonyes
UK stand up protect your kids! at least try
Op where did you get this link?
edit on 11-9-2012 by jplaysguitar because: not shur

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Unless somebody is sitting at a monitor watching they do not provide any safety whatsoever. Who is it that sits in these schools watching? Do the staff take it in turn, or is it an outside agency?

What happens to the footage?

You would expect parents to go crazy and demand blood, but nothing happens.

Apparently outsourced to incarcerated pedo's (especially CP downloaders) as part of prison work-schemes. Gets them a day-pass and earns a few bucks, while doing something that they really enjoy.

They are chosen as the best suited & qualified for this sort of work, especially if they were previously employed as a teacher!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
People have a clear choice concerning the cameras you mention, they dont have to enter dressing rooms.
The children in the schools have no choice.

I mentioned that example for all the people who gave uninformed knee-jerk reactions.

But greater questions are still left to be answered. In particular, what is actually seen by the cameras?

There could be a defense, no matter now ridiculous or unpopular, if the camera only sees things outside of the actual toilet/urinals and only sees the general bathroom area with the sinks. Basically, areas where a reasonable person wouldn't be surprised if seen or uncomfortable sharing with another.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

i see what yur saying but even that thay are just kidds
a pretty slippery slope

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
We do this to ourselves folks...

This isn't Big Brother in action. This is a million busy-body-do-gooders who think they know
better than you how to live your life.

Wanna who these people are?

They are the people who think seatbelt laws are a good thing.....(helps you protect you from
yourself, and doesn't burden society with the inconvenience of you having to make
a hospital visit)

These are people who NEVER question authority...(authority figures always have the best intentions,
they would never harm you)

THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO NEVER OPEN A HISTORY BOOK. PEOPLE WHO ARE CLUELESS
OF WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ULTIMATE POWER IS ACHIEVED BY THOSE IN AUTHORITY.

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WORE BROWN SHIRTS AND TOLD ON THEIR NEIGHBORS
TO ACHIEVE A LITTLE BIT OF RELIEF FROM THEIR OWN PREDICAMENT.

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE (WHO IF ALIVE) WOULD TELL YOU THAT THEY DIDN'T
SAY ANYTHING WHEN THEY CAME FOR THE JEWS, BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T A JEW.

AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT MEN WHO THINK LIKE I DO WILL HAVE TO DEFEND
FROM TYRANNY IF THE TIME COMES......and it will probably be thankless
edit on 12-9-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
well to play devils advocate, it really could be a good thing, with bullying on the rise and drug use it could really help a kid, but on the other hand more and more stories of people in England and the US in government wrapped up in pedophile rings.
so great for the first couple months year/ but then all you need is some janitor/administrator to be paid to look the other way or threatened with life, jail ect, ect, those ring have some powerful people...or has an interest in that stuff as well and poof now you have 24/5 and weekend events for the pedophiles for rest of life to have their own tv stations
AWESOME
nothing like pay tv lol
but IM sure that would never ever happen because we can totally trust our governments to do the right thing, right? ^^

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

What the hell? America has it's long list of problems but at least I feel safe going to the bathroom ! This is disgusting and perverted.
reply to post by headorheart

Sorry, ol' American high horse was churned into glue a long time ago, old chap.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If its in England, its coming to America...
reply to post by kat2684

America is the usually proving ground with which it is tested how far you can stamp on people's rights in plain view and get away with it. Now we'll be getting TSA-styled scanners for certain. And surveillance drones not long after.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join