It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Ingraham to GOP: ‘If you can’t beat Barack Obama… shut down the party’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Don't know what Laura is talking about. The republicans HAVE been shutting down the Democrats for years now, why do think nothing is getting done in congress?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Can you imagine what will happen to the credibility of the party if Obama wins reelection after all the crap he has pulled...no too mention the debacle at the convention?

If Obama wins, then that'll lay the groundwork for a third party. It'll also be a very telling indictment of the mindset of the American people.

We had a great chance to start a third party with the Tea Party movement, but it was taken-over by the Republicans and FoxNews. So any third party break away at this point will just be the Republican party with a new name. The ideas will be the same and nothing will change.

No, the Tea Party COULD have been a good start, but the actually grass roots members of the local tea parties were just about complaining and being angry, with nobody actually making the effort to run in their local elections. Republican political types saw an opportunity to get elected and used it. And the real Tea Party members bought into it. Again, you will never get enough drawing and voting power if you are aiming straight for Congress and the Presidency. It is vital to start your movement by getting your people elected LOCALLY first. If the Tea Party can't gain traction at the state level, they will soon die off at the national level.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Leave Barack alone people........He's done a fine job! Better than any other screwball shiester before him.
Obama has my vote this year i hope he does a great job.Better him than that troll Romney.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Shut down the party? The GOP had every opportunity to win this election. They chose a losing horse. The GOP wants to lose this election. Maybe if the GOP would actually let Republicans (instead of the media and talking heads) choose their nominee, the GOP could actually win a Presidential election without cheating. This coming from a registered Republican.

Some of us don't blindly vote R. Some of us actually vote for who is best for the country NOT JUST THE PARTY! But see this is the disconnect from reality with this woman and these talking heads. People aren't voting for who YOU put in so just close down the party. Not let's try a new direction or let's have the people actually choose our nominee. No just shut down the party because this stupid woman says so.

Laura Ingraham and Mitt Romney are both an embarrassment to the Republican party.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If the Republican party thought a bit about what the Democrats have come to represent, understood that, and then were able to recreate themselves as something positive instead of negative, they could seriously dominate American politics.

There are so many issues that could be used, like increasing the quality of living for Americans, increasing freedom of speech, shutting down the surveillance state, promoting small businesses and innovation, and promoting the space program and finding ways to integrate that with small business in order to start taking advantage of off-world resources and space, etc.

When I am talking about increasing the quality of living for Americans, they would have to still offer the same programs for the poor, but in addition, create new programs to integrate the poor into private businesses or even promote them starting their own in order to give them a chance to succeed.

Also, Obama's plan to increase the economy is to provide more government jobs - well, this takes tax money, which doesn't come from government jobs. And if our country goes broke, government jobs are not a good investment.

A much smarter way to improve the economy would be to create private sector jobs, which could be taxed, and don't drain the country's resources.

In addition, the Republican party could support a platform that gave benefits to families that were able to stick together and raise children without breaking up, whether or not they were gay or straight families. At the moment, the Democrats are supporting broken families, which are proven to result in less successful children with psychological damage and a VERY high chance of having a broken family themselves.

As I said, this ideology is one I made up, because the Republicans have too much of a stick up their ass to figure anything like I said out.
edit on 13-9-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by beezzer

Also, Obama's plan to increase the economy is to provide more government jobs - well, this takes tax money, which doesn't come from government jobs. And if our country goes broke, government jobs are not a good investment.

A much smarter way to improve the economy would be to create private sector jobs, which could be taxed, and don't drain the country's resources.

Just to clarify, you are not saying that government jobs don't pay taxes, are you? I assure you, we pay the same federal and state taxes (in states with a state income tax) that everyone else pays. I'm not sure why you would think we don't pay taxes?

Outside of that, I agree with much of what you posted.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Forget it.

President Mitt Romney has already won.

The Muslim Brotherhood fiasco has Obama's fingerprints all over it.

Obama gave them the $1.5 billion to attack us.

- Burning our flags and assassinating our ambassador -

------------
It also looks like they have taken an American hostage.

------------

The GOP Party will - NOT - be shut down.

- Thread closed -

edit on 13-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

The GOP doesn't need gimmicks, it needs to not be such an "F-You" to its voter base; look at what the neo-cons running the party are proposing! They intentionally alienate potential voters by spewing bigoted rhetoric calling for women to lose rights to their body, stating gays should be denied equal rights (I.E. gay marriage), saying that women don't deserve equal pay as men!

You want the GOP to conform to the liberal agenda!!

NOPE! That’s not what the OP meant!

You have your own party that represents your twisted values….be glad!

I want a party that represents MY twisted values and the GOP isn’t it!

And by the way, the right supports equal pay.

edit on 11-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

You misunderstand me, I'm not calling on the GOP to adopt liberal values, I'm calling on them to shut up before they drive away all of their potential supporters who might actually agree with part of their ideology; abortion, women's equality, and gay marriage are NON-ISSUES. By demonizing women and homosexuals, they drive away conservative women and conservative gays. By harping so much on Illegal immigration, they drive away conservative Hispanic-Americans. Basically they are trying to appeal to one niche audience, which is Christian, heterosexual, white males over the age of 40. While this may be a good plan to raise money for their campaigns, it does not buy them popularity among the many subcultures in our society which they outright reject.

I don't affiliate with either party. I'm not voting for either candidate.

ETA: A few months back they proposed cutting equal pay to women because men need the money more to support their families. The Christian right is no different than the Muslim right.
edit on 14-9-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by beezzer

Just to clarify, you are not saying that government jobs don't pay taxes, are you? I assure you, we pay the same federal and state taxes (in states with a state income tax) that everyone else pays. I'm not sure why you would think we don't pay taxes?

Outside of that, I agree with much of what you posted.

Well, government jobs do pay taxes -
But this is the government taxing its own money, which it then spends on government jobs.

So in reality, with government jobs, taxes reduce the amount spent by the government -
While with private sector jobs, taxes make a profit for the government.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Simply put.....RINO's

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
they are one elction from being the

meisterburger burgermeisters

and that's a good thing

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think this lady is correct, but the thing is, the face of America, the social dynamics and ethnic diversity of the electorate that have changed vastly since even 30 or 40 years ago are not represented or even attempted to be absorbed into the party that is something they either do not feel is necessary or they do not think it is important in order to win, this is something that the party needs to consider if it is to succeed in the future.

The biggest mistake for the Romney campaign itself though has been to focus on the president and the "terrible" job he has done solely as their argument for the most part, instead of actually proposing real solutions that instill actual hope and confidence and presenting how they could implement them realistically and for people that are actually educated could understand their plan from a laymen standpoint, give them something of substance, even promises that make sense at least as something to look forward to which would be better than what they have presented, instead the candidates for their party resemble two individuals that are running for the office with no plans whatsoever, except hoping that the citizens hate Obama so much they will of course vote for them instead as they are the default choice, then they can as they have said present their plans and solutions after the election.

edit on 14-9-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
IF GOP think Romney is lackluster now, wait until the debates.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How can these guys even run for office, George Bush, DimWit Romney, not a brain in their heads and they run for presidency. How does this even come about. It is embarrassing and ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It's going to take more for Mitt than "just not being Obama" to win this election. It's the negative ads that
made McCain/Palin lose to Obama in the first place imo.

It's almost November and I have seen only a few Romney bumper stickers; that's not to surprising considering the candidate the GOP floated out there.
edit on 14-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join