It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensed/Moscow Idaho UFO Picture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My husband was on his way to work Thursday early morning around three am. As he got to Tensed, Idaho he noticed a bright light on the horizon to the east which he first thought was a star or that possibly there was a mountain range and the light was coming from the mountain. Actually the mountains in this area are lower and are not high enough for the light to come from them. As he got closer to Moscow, Idaho he noticed the light seemed to be following him. A couple of times the light disappeared completely, the light never blinked. He decided to snap a couple of pictures on his phone so he could look at them later.

Today we opened the picture. It shows not only the light in question but also a red light that he did not see with the naked eye. When we enlarged the picture we were pretty startled to see what he had snapped. I am posting the original picture and the enlarged picture. Although we are not sure where the red light came from, the real interest was the bright light and what is showed when we enlarged the picture.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Interesting picture...very hard to discern what it is...were there any other vehicles around or did anyone else make mention of any sighting? SnF for the photo and story.

ETA: Distance between Tensed and Moscow? Was the light in front of him at Tensed and then to the rear in Moscow? Did he show or tell anyone else?
edit on 8-9-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

He didn't see anyone else on the road for about thirty minutes. The road is winding and the distance between the two towns is about thirty-six miles. The light stayed to his left, which would have been east.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
That has to be the best picture of a light I have seen in a long time !

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If the lights blurry, y show the picture to people, if the video is a blurry light, y put the video on youtube... I donttttttt understand y....

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher777

Okay, traveling south on a mountain road...light stays to his left...how far away?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Since he first thought the light was a star, he would have to say it was at least seventy miles away, it was hard to judge. The window was rolled up when he took the picture.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Venus would have just been rising in the east at that time of the morning.
It's very bright now.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The White light looks like a cluster of four lights and just next to it a triangle of dimmer lights (could be background stars) and the red/orange shimmery light has other dimmer unshimmery lights in what could be a pyramidy shape with the main light but they could be background stars too.
Cool pic

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

We thought it could be Venus, although it did disappear and there are not any mountain ranges or clouds out that morning.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Well the next question would be...did he see Venus too? It's hard to miss.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

At the time he wasn't comparing it to any other objects in the sky. What intrigued us about the picture was that it looks like a cluster of four lights.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I see light with no frame of reference.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The point being that Venus would have been very prominent in the sky. If he saw Venus as well as the UFO it would indicate that he wasn't seeing Venus.

The window was rolled up when he took the picture.

This could account for the appearance of the light in the image.
Was he driving at the time?

edit on 9/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The red lights,to me ,appear to be reflctions on or through cloud cover.But the cluster of bright lights...very interesting.I know of no aircraft that would appear that way at night.I am no expert,but as I said...very interesting.Good OP.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
One thing for certain it wont be a star

"2012:09:06 03:20:23",HTC ADR6300

Camera phone

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'm in Montana and my husband and I have seen something similar here, two times now. The first time was when we went out at 2:00 am to look at the meteor showers last month and the second took place when we went out at 10:00 pm to the store. I live in rural area and we have been sky watchers all of our lives. I was thinking about starting a thread about Montana sightings. My neighbors also saw something last weekend, that looked like a round object flashing lights in a pulsating manner, which hovered in the sky for ten minutes, shoot straight up, then moved side to side before disappearing. I have a friend up near Kalispell who is a non believer, say he saw something that looked like a quad of lights racing above him and disappearing behind him. There's a lot going on up in our part of the country!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
After playing with the image a bit it looks like there is a horizon line above the light of some kind though I'm guessing that might be the roofline of the car?. The red light is a lens flare.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Seriously Folks !! Is this thread gonna go on for 20 pages of 2 lights against a black background with no reference of where in the sky or size ??

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Was this picture taken from inside of a car?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join