It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Kidnapped Turkish Driver Beheaded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Insurgents have apparently beheaded another captive in Iraq. A video released to an Islamic website shows the beheading of a Turkish truck driver named Ramadan Elbu.

story.news.yahoo.com
CAIRO, Egypt - A man identified as a Turkish truck driver kidnapped in Iraq was beheaded in a video shown on an Islamic Web site Thursday.

The Arabic-language Web site said the trucker"s name was Ramadan Elbu, and he showed an identity document and spoke a few words in Turkish before he was killed.

The video appeared on the Web site of the Ansar al-Sunnah Army, an Iraqi militant group. A statement read out said the kidnappers belonged to the Tawhid and Jihad group"s "Qaqa Brigade," a reference to a commander who served Islam"s Prophet Muhammad.

The video began with the white-haired and bearded captive saying: "I am Ramadan."

"I drove a truck of supplies to the Americans. ... When I was coming back (to Turkey), the group captured me. I call on all Turkish drivers not to come to Iraq," he said.

He sat blindfolded with four masked gunmen behind him. One kidnapper said his group had sworn to oppose "the crusaders and those who help them."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The man was allowed to say a few words in Turkish and his identification papers were shown before he was killed. The web site belonging to the Ansar al-Sunnah Army showed the video and the statement that was read prior to the killing indicated that the group belonged to the Tawhid and Jihad group"s "Qaqa Brigade�. The group is lead by Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. He has also claimed responsibility for car bombs and other beheadings.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WAR: U.S. tried twice to rescue hostages
WAR: French hostages still alive

join