It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has this not happened in the US...or has it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Good question and one I have pondered often. My answer is that the bogeyman in the closet was not what he is made out to be. It was just a couple of weeks ago that a Texan couple was arrested with all sorts of explosive material, if they can get it, so can others, regardless of race or colour. America is a vast place full of large buildings where one can do much damage just by walking through a New York street, or a large department store, or the Boston tunnel. How difficult is it to rig a car to blow up? Guns are readily available, so nothing would stop a terrorist willing to die for his cause from walking into a crowded mall and opening fire.

These terrorists that everyone is being made so afraid of in my opinion were not the massive threat to the US as we are led to believe in that they are willing to blow themselves up in Iraq, so too would they be willing to do the same state side. Two attacks in 8 years doesn't quite match up to the numbers elsewhere. As with others, I agree that the big fear hyped will be made reality on US soil with the continued killing by the US and Britain of ME residents.

Usama Bin Laden's calls for jihad have tailed off significantly, and this Zarqawi who just shot to fame out of nowhere and blamed for every fingernail scratch, is never heard from. The ultimatum given to the residents of Fallujah that they turn in Zarqawi or face the consequences reminds me of the demand that Saddam turn in his wmd; something he didn't have. The reality is being blurred and not necessarily for the same reason it was blurred in March 2003.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

why did you define it as if all muslims are the same?

forgive me if in my haste to respond i generalized your bretheren, i know they are not all out to kill infidels. some are more lax in their beliefes, and some generaly like americans. would a more proper term to who i am refering to be islamic-fundamentalist? or fanatics? or extremist? or jihadist?

[edit on 14-10-2004 by sturod84]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Now lets be fair here about this.

If you go ito a bar anywhere in America and ask the question "what do you think of Muslims" ? You are likely to hear some loud mouthed redneck say kill em all, nuke em, they are all crap, not fit to live.

So you go into a Mosque in the Middle East, and ask some guy there what he thinks about America. He says Allah will destroy the evil ones, death to all Americans.

All just total insanity.

So one guy is a Patriot and the other a Fanatic. But which is which ???

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
I would like to present this to you, for your consideration, discussion and ideas. It's scary (at least for me) but it is something we need to face and question.--I also hope that if this board is monitered...those watching understnad this is just an inquiry ...

Why have there been no suicide bombers in the US? If you sit and think about it, it would not be that difficult to do.
Look at Israel, probably one of the most security stringent countries in the world, yet at least once a month, it occurs...why not here in the US?
Yes our security has incressed a lot since 9-11, but if you are honest ...that would not stop anyone from trying, or have they already, and it is being downplayed?

In example

Connecticut Church Explodes

abclocal.go.com...

Army ammo plant explodes in Tennessee; at least one injured, two missing

www.sfgate.com.../news/archive/2004/10/13/national1805EDT0684.DTL

Tanker Truck Explodes
ginaandherheart.blogharbor.com...

I am sure there are many more, but I still pose the question, why no suicicde bombers...if you are realistic with yourself, you will admit, that "the people" that would/could do this are already here, so what is happening?

I have another question to pose. I am sure that some of you in the US (and possibly overseas) have heard of PODS (Portable On Demand Storage), does anyone else see the possible use for these, or am I being way to paranoid?

www.podsusa.com...

The premise is, they will deliver a good size container, to where ever you tell them to drop it off at....then you fill it with furniture, or whatever, you then call them , they come pick it up and deliver it to where you tell them....
I waonder if there is a background check on the person making the request (or is that going over the top "provacy" wise?)
Do you see the possible use for one or more of these containers ?
Or as I stated, am I worrying about things over which I would have no control ?

I apologize for rambling, and I hope this stimulated your thought process for a little bit....

Have a funny day

they're drinking Jack, watching the Cowboys on TV and checking out the honeys at the local bar/club. they got satiated.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
specialasianX the Saudis and Iranians give money to the suicide bombers family. A lot of money to rebuild a house. The "palestinians" are being oppressed more by their fellow Muslim brothers then by the Israelis. Jordan, Syria and Egypt won't allow the displaced Muslims to become citizens of their countries. The Arabs force the "palestinians" to fester and become a breeding ground for suicide bombers to use as a weapon against Isreal since the 4 times the Arabs have fought the Israelis conventionally they were utterly humiliated. Over 800,000 Jews left Muslim countries after 1947 and were instantly allowed to become citizens of Israel. The "palestinians" fellow Muslim brothers won't let the "palestinians" start a new life in the many Muslim countries surrouding Israel. Also the "palestinians" don't want a state NEXT to Israel, they want a state IN PLACE of Israel. Israel wants peace with the Muslims. The Muslims want peace without Israel. I know more about the Israel then the people who make the right wing propoganda. I teach them.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

So one guy is a Patriot and the other a Fanatic. But which is which

Warpspeed, one guy would actually laugh while slitting an infidels throat while yelling "Allahu Akbar" if he had the chance. The other guy is simply racist in name only but he won't and doesn't lynch Muslims.

(please don't bring the blacks into this)

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Mohammed Atta was the brains behind 9/11. He flew himself into the WTC. Maybe they're having trouble recruiting someone with Atta's combination of talent and insanity. This is why we do our best to protect our generals and political leaders. Good leadership is hard to come by.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed

So one guy is a Patriot and the other a Fanatic. But which is which

Warpspeed, one guy would actually laugh while slitting an infidels throat while yelling "Allah Akbar" if he had the chance. The other guy is simply racist in name only but he won't and doesn't lynch Muslims.

(please don't bring the blacks into this)

Hardly...................

So one side uses high technology, torture, and some pretty vile tactics that completely go against the Geneva convention and that is perfectly o/k.

No American would ever swear or raise his voice to the enemy eh ? Are you serious?

Sure Muslims probably get mad, scream and slit throats. Marines get just as mad, scream and bayonet people, what is the difference ????

Let's face it war is a nasty business. To suggest one sides soldiers are saints and racists in name only is just plain silly.

Why not get the hell out of their country, they are no threat to the USA and never were. The day will come when they ARE a threat, and whose fault will that be ?

If you stick your head into a wasps nest, expect trouble to follow pretty smartly. And don't blame the wasps when they come after you.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
American soldiers shoot soldiers. Muslim soldiers slice civilians up....literally.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I really hope that suicide bombings don't happen here. That is a tactic used by "terrorists" in the Mid-east and I hope it won't be in here, because it'd degenerate our freedom

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join