It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has this not happened in the US...or has it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I would like to present this to you, for your consideration, discussion and ideas. It's scary (at least for me) but it is something we need to face and question.--I also hope that if this board is monitered...those watching understnad this is just an inquiry ...

Why have there been no suicide bombers in the US? If you sit and think about it, it would not be that difficult to do.
Look at Israel, probably one of the most security stringent countries in the world, yet at least once a month, it occurs...why not here in the US?
Yes our security has incressed a lot since 9-11, but if you are honest ...that would not stop anyone from trying, or have they already, and it is being downplayed?

In example

Connecticut Church Explodes

abclocal.go.com...

Army ammo plant explodes in Tennessee; at least one injured, two missing

www.sfgate.com.../news/archive/2004/10/13/national1805EDT0684.DTL

Tanker Truck Explodes
ginaandherheart.blogharbor.com...

I am sure there are many more, but I still pose the question, why no suicicde bombers...if you are realistic with yourself, you will admit, that "the people" that would/could do this are already here, so what is happening?

I have another question to pose. I am sure that some of you in the US (and possibly overseas) have heard of PODS (Portable On Demand Storage), does anyone else see the possible use for these, or am I being way to paranoid?

www.podsusa.com...

The premise is, they will deliver a good size container, to where ever you tell them to drop it off at....then you fill it with furniture, or whatever, you then call them , they come pick it up and deliver it to where you tell them....
I waonder if there is a background check on the person making the request (or is that going over the top "provacy" wise?)
Do you see the possible use for one or more of these containers ?
Or as I stated, am I worrying about things over which I would have no control ?

I apologize for rambling, and I hope this stimulated your thought process for a little bit....

Have a funny day

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Interesting, well, I do hope too that if the board is monitered it is understood that this is just for the purpose of thought, and, having said that..

I sincerely hope that these things NEVER happen, and I pray that they NEVER happen. The day suicide bombings occur is the day the dog who is already rattled gets even more angry.

However, perhaps this is the very reason why it has not happened yet - they are afraid that if they rattle the cage as they did on 9/11, the U.S. would once again stand united and the terrorist world would feel the wrath of the most powerful nation on Earth. Perhaps more so than 9/11. Multiple incidents can have a much greater affect, and, the uses of MOAB and other high-tech weapons would be definately in use.

Perhaps this is why - they are afraid of us. They cower behind their shield of invisibility, while Americans continue to live the life we love, one of freedom; not one of fear and evil.

They are afraid that, if they attack us again, they will feel a wrath like no other. The dog is only a small creature compared to a shark in a shark's domain...

-wD

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think its just no-one really hates the USA enough within the USA to wanna kill themselves for it...

Also the USA isnt nearly as oppresive as Israel and the other countries affected by suicide bombers, and the US people arent nearly as desperate as the suicide bombers are.

Its got nothing to do with security or power, because if these people are willing to die for their cause, they wouldnt care about the backlash.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is a good point, and to my knowledge, there have been no suicide bombings on American soil. Except, of course, the attacks on 11 September 2001. It seems that if our enemies were that intent, there would have been some by now.

It is only a matter of time, unfortunately. Someday, a bus, or a subway train will probably be the target of a sacrificial operation.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I think its just no-one really hates the USA enough within the USA to wanna kill themselves for it...

Also the USA isnt nearly as oppresive as Israel and the other countries affected by suicide bombers, and the US people arent nearly as desperate as the suicide bombers are.

Its got nothing to do with security or power, because if these people are willing to die for their cause, they wouldnt care about the backlash.

I'm sorry maybe I should have been more specific. When I made a reference to suicide bombers, and did not mean to imply that they would be americans (and for that matter I am referring to NO nationality at all when I say "suicide bomber") I meant any person/persons/group, that one would refer to as "terrorists".
And if you believe what you read, there are already "suspected" terrorists in the country---they just can;t find them--
So if they can cut a guys head off, and threaten from afar via video, why wouldn't they threaten in person?
Or, is it as WeBDeviL stated; "they are afraid that if they rattle the cage as they did on 9/11, the U.S. would once again stand united and the terrorist world would feel the wrath of the most powerful nation on Earth."?
(BTW I also hope/pray/wish that this NEVER happens) as stated before, I would like to get the ideas and theories that this board has.

I agreee that perhaps fear of retaliation would be the biggest deterrent, but then wouldn't that mean that in a way we have defeated one facet of the terrorist? Not being afraid every day ...of what could happen in our own country.....

[edit on 13-10-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Oppression doesn't cause people to blow themselves up with dynamite wrapped in nails and screws! The Chinese oppress the Tibetans. The British opressed Blacks in South Africa. America oppressed blacks. The USSR oppressed many peoples. The suicide bombers hate Israelis and blow themsleves up not to better their people through the international attention but they blow themselves up to hurt, main, dismember, and kill the Jews. The bombers main goal is to kill the Jews not to help their own people.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
It is only a matter of time, unfortunately. Someday, a bus, or a subway train will probably be the target of a sacrificial operation.

So you are saying that it will eventually happen, but at this moment, they just don't have the cojones, are it's not the right time of the month? Or are they waiting for something spectacular like 9-11?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
now simply speculating here, since we are just discussing possibilities and things we don't wish or want. Could it be that many incidents have occurred or were hampered and we're just not being told, as not rock the boat too much at this critical period? example the incidents you mentioned and all those gas line fires and explosions, they could have all been terrorism but carefully covered up as not to alarm the general population. (I am not saying that this is the case, but just a possibility)

No one really knows what would happen and things could go either way, so perhaps those who know what is really happening isn't saying anything because they are not sure of the effect because of the severe division within the country.

or they could be waiting for a "big" one ( I am really hoping that is not the case)

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Firstly Verfed!

... suicide bombers do it for their people, not just to kill jews... your so obviously blinded by right wing and pro-Israel propaganda its not funny... Just because other opressed people didnt do it this way doesnt mean its not the oppresion that does it? These other people did try to fight back but in their own ways... The palestinians are desperate and are resorting to desperate measures to get their point across. Basically what your saying is, if these bombers were rich and wealthy and were'nt living in fear of their house being bulldozed, or their children being shot on the way to school, they'd still be suicide bombing... please thats just ridiculous.

Netstorm
I think if a terror group was going to hit the USA again (and thats a big if... everyone seems concerned but its just fearmongering... except for maybe befroe the elections), it would want to make it big... little attacks would be completely ineffective, they;d need a huge one on 9/11 scale to make a decent impact.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We have had our share of bombers in the US the Mad Bomber, The Unabomber,Timothy Mcvay, ect... But they really tend to just blow stuff up rather then themselves. We even have some very good Bomb squads within most big police departments.

I sure most explosive materials in the US are closely monitored everything from TNT to fertilizer. Plus I dont think many Americans will sell any of this stuff to shady middle eastern men. In Israel they have many countries on its borders were its easy to get this stuff. I think they often use military C-4 to make thier bomb belts you just cant get your hands on this stuff in the states.

So I think its not really that easy to get your hands on this stuff in the US. So really the US is doing a good job stopping this stuff.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
...Basically what your saying is, if these bombers were rich and wealthy and were'nt living in fear of their house being bulldozed, or their children being shot on the way to school, they'd still be suicide bombing... please thats just ridiculous...

The terrorists responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001 attack on the U.S. were not impoverished, living in fear of their houses being bulldozed and their children being shot; they were all upper middle class or rich Saudi Arabians who were loyal followers of the Wahabbi branch of Islam. Poverty doesn't cause terrorism, religious fanatacism does.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It seems to me that it depend on your level of desperation, and the means available to you to fight your oppressors.

There is no war being waged yet on American soil, and it is still a free and prosperous nation, so there is no need for anyone to actually blow himself, or herself up. But this may change.

Try to imagine a condition where America has martial law. Tanks on the streets, helicopter gunships in the air, Americans being shot on sight by troops, people being rounded up tortured, placed in slave labor camps. If most of your family is already dead or missing, you might very seriously think about taking out a few enemy and ending your own life at the same time.

Suppose those troops on American streets were Muslim, or Chinese, or UN troops, would it really matter ? Suppose they have come to liberate America, and round you up because YOU are the terrorist ? Things might begin to look a bit different then.

This sort of thing is exactly what the US has done in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq. And that is why there are suicide bombers.

If there ever are mass suicide bombers in America it will be the last desperate struggle of Americans themselves. That day may yet come.

So do not wonder why, just be thankful that it is not happening, and pray it never does.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
hmmm this is actually a very interesting question.
I mean, the media is constantly saying how there are millions of people in the world who hate "american freedom" (whatever that actually is), who hate americans because they are americans (and not for some other political reasons), koran brainwashes millions into killing (so they say), their only purpose in life is to kill christians and jews, there are a lot of terrorists on this planet and that justifies wars in Afganistan, Iraq, patriot act, billions of $ to military etc, etc.

So, where are all these terrorists? So much fear-mongering and nothing is happening. There are a lot of arabs living in USA. If their life has only one purpose, to kill americans, why arent they doing it? Where are all the suicide bombers?

It really does make you think, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Oppression doesn't cause people to blow themselves up with dynamite wrapped in nails and screws! The Chinese oppress the Tibetans. The British opressed Blacks in South Africa. America oppressed blacks. The USSR oppressed many peoples. The suicide bombers hate Israelis and blow themsleves up not to better their people through the international attention but they blow themselves up to hurt, main, dismember, and kill the Jews. The bombers main goal is to kill the Jews not to help their own people.

the bombers in palistain are blowing them selves up for a reason

thousends of homes destroyed to make way for a few hundred israeli settelers.

hundreds killed ( their family freinds are most likey to go and launch an attack in retaliation )

kept in a cage like an animal ( barriar on their soil/land )

i am gussing if that was you ,
you would just sit armed folded and watch ur family/friends around being killed.

and later on sit around a table to have tea and biscits

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
verfed: Sorry, no amount of desparation could ever justify strapping explosives to yourself and blowing up a bunch of random, innocent people. Not in a million years. (And, yes, I realize that this is coming from a person who has never been truly desparate...but I stand by it just the same...) Now, blowing up your actual oppresors might be a different story, but not a busload of women & children. (Yes, I know the Israelis kill women & children sometimes, but not deliberately and anyway that's not what we're debating here...in other words, I'm definitely not pro-Israeli, just vehemently anti-terrorist...) That old "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" saying is, IMHO, a load of (expletive avoided).

specialasianX: don't underestimate how many people hate Americans or just how intensely they hate us. Pre-9/11, most Americans had no idea, and even now it seems like a hard concept to grasp for many. Most who hate us do so for one simple reason: they were taught to do so from a very early age.

As for the main topic of this thread: who can predict? Palestinian-style suicide bombings are obviously very difficult to guard against. I doubt, though, that's it's somehow been happening without anyone knowing about it...pretty hard to hide something like that...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
If suicide bombers started detonating themselves in America there would be civil war.

Stereotypes and anger would lead everyone into a state of fear, hate and dis-trust. It is definatley a scary thought.

Its also difficult to battle because the enemy isnt a single target like a country that can be pin-pointed and attacked. Suicide bombers blend and walk with everyone until its their time.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
their plight is with the US govt, they are directing their efforts to the source of that problem ie US military. currently residing in the iraq, they are sitting in the region of the world that hates us most. it is a accumlative effort from the muslim world, in the middle east to make sure the US military does not make it ot of iraq in one piece. think of how easy it must be to gather proxy supplies from your neigboring anti-american friends. any muslim who is already living in the US has chosen their side. no fanatic is going to risk attack our homeland, when there is such an esy target sitting out there in the desert. the root of their problem is our military. once our military is crippled, our influence will dwindle, and our economy will wither away. at least thats wat they think

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
their plight is with the US govt, they are directing their efforts to the source of that problem ie US military. currently residing in the iraq, they are sitting in the region of the world that hates us most. it is a accumlative effort from the muslim world, in the middle east to make sure the US military does not make it ot of iraq in one piece. think of how easy it must be to gather proxy supplies from your neigboring anti-american friends. any muslim who is already living in the US has chosen their side. no fanatic is going to risk attack our homeland, when there is such an esy target sitting out there in the desert. the root of their problem is our military. once our military is crippled, our influence will dwindle, and our economy will wither away. at least thats wat they think

why did you define it as if all muslims are the same?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
No suicide bombers on American soil? What do you call the 19 terrorists that flew the planes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon?

Unfortunately, I think that these terrorists are waiting to do something big. Individual bombings that kill a handful of people don't have the impact they are looking for in the U.S.--and would also increase security to a point where it would be impossible to achieve their goal of a major attack. If suicide bombings where a bomber took out a bus or a church started happening more often, you can bet that security in this country would become so tight and suspicions would be aroused to a point that bigger operations would be discovered.

Osama bin Laden has not been secretive about how his next attack is going to be "something bigger than 9/11." These people simmered and festered for 8 years, from the first attack on the WTC in 1993 until 2001--if they had made smaller attacks in the U.S. in the interim, 9/11 may have been thwarted.

I think that they are finding cracks in homeland security and exploiting them--and then will attack when everything is in place. Revealing themselves before all "the big attack" in the form of smaller attacks will also reveal the weaknesses that they are exploiting--so I don't think these small attacks will happen.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I too often wonder if some of the things that have exploded have been deliberate. I mean, the US gov. didn't admit any soldiers had been killed for quite some time. They kept saying that choppers went down because of mechanical failures, or pilot error. In the meantime, non-American sources reported them as downed by Iraqi forces. I sure wouldn't put it past them to hide the truth about what's really happened/happening. If it looks bad, it's bad for morale, right?
It's much better to live with a feeling of false security, than to be plagued with the thought that America might not be as bullet proof as the image they try to sell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join