It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Druid42

Now if I could just get rid of this writers block to finish the Morality debate post......sometimes I can't find the right words.

How about "I concede"?

No worries on time, friend.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My follow up post has been submitted to Challenge match: TinkerHaus vs curiousrb - Society would function better without a monetary system.

Thanks curiousrb for a stimulating debate! I'm having a lot of fun with this. =]

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

LOL

"I concede"? Not on your life buddy!
I'll have it up this afternoon.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
1st post is up in the morality debate.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

You forgot to answer my Socratic Question

I am cooking a giant dinner for two of my sister-in-laws, I'll probably not get to my reply until tonight or tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

My second post is up in the monetary system debate.

You're proving a tough opponent TinkerHaus. If things don't go my way, I would love a rematch. I too am having a lot of fun with this debate.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Been reading the debates. Good work all. I dont want to be the one to have to judge all of that.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
My final post in the Society would function better without a monetary system debate is up.

curiousrb, great debate - glad to be part of it.

I need to learn to more concisely say what I mean to say, I'm a naturally long-winded and boring person.. I had a helluva time fitting everything in three posts. Hopefully I can level that skill up a bit with help from this forum and it's contributors. =]
edit on 2-1-2013 by TinkerHaus because: "bit" not "but!"

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

I need to learn to more concisely say what I mean to say, I'm a naturally long-winded and boring person.. I had a helluva time fitting everything in three posts. Hopefully I can level that skill up a bit with help from this forum and it's contributors. =]
edit on 2-1-2013 by TinkerHaus because: "bit" not "but!"

Thats what the debate forum does...it sharpens and tightens your pencil.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Been reading the debates. Good work all. I dont want to be the one to have to judge all of that.

How do we get more people interested in the debate forum and judging? It's always fun to debate but eventually we will just keep debating the same people over and over. It's clear to me that we have learned to anticipate each others style and where each of us would take certain topics.

We need fresh blood!

So how can we help?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

We need fresh blood!

So how can we help?

You could put it in your signature. And you could link to some debates that are on-topic. Or if you see someone who would be good for the Forum you could tell them.

The Forum will slowly grow. Its not for everybody and shouldnt be. You can sense how some former debaters...once they lost a debate or felt unfairly judged, lost interest. But winning/losing should not be the main point of the Forum and we`re more interested in getting debaters who just enjoy the debates.

Btw: There are still several debaters you have yet to debate.

edit on 3-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You could put it in your signature. And you could link to some debates that are on-topic. Or if you see someone who would be good for the Forum you could tell them.

Will do!

Tis true. That's why I said eventually.
In fact, you and I have yet to square-off. Maybe soon......

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
My final post is up in the Monetary system debate and therefore concluding the debate.

So over to the judges and hopefully there are people available. But I will leave that to the mods to sort out.

It has been a great pleasure debating you TinkerHaus. An interesting topic I believe, and we were able to complete it rather quickly. I believe we both had arguments that led to thought provoking discussion and we can both credit ourselves to a decent effort.

But all the best for the outcome my friend. I hope to debate you again in future.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
At the moment I'm missing presumed erm ... gone from ATS.

Will let people know if anything changes.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I have been missing you. I (like a smutz) already debated the topic we considered.

Good to see you pop in. Gonna stay a while?

I still have more topics, in fact.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Skyfloating

Will do!

Tis true. That's why I said eventually.
In fact, you and I have yet to square-off. Maybe soon......

You can borrow the Debate Banner I have linked in my sig, or even request a new one to be made. Contact Agarta. He's the one that made those linked in my sig, per request, and can and will work tirelessly until you have what you want. Thread Bump.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by Pinke

I have been missing you. I (like a smutz) already debated the topic we considered.

Good to see you pop in. Gonna stay a while?

I still have more topics, in fact.

Hahaha that's okay.

I'm not sure, everytime I have free time it seems difficult to set things up, then when I do things happen. Is not just me I guess, other persons seem to have the same problems!

I did actually write my first post ... but it was the same with the alien communication debate; I finished my post for that then opponent went missing presumed erm gone. Oh well.

Seems first post + topic is the hardest thing to do ... once you get that far it's easy.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Second post is up in the Morality Debate!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I'll have faith in you. Gimme three solid days that you can access ATS, and we'll do a debate.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

and I have a response.

This debate has really stretched my thought process'! It hurts so good.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join