It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened With Unpartial?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I posted this in the boards and business forum and noticed it didn't show up in the new topics area.

But,I found it and it's just a wee bit confusing at first.

www.unpartial.com...

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
That site is political in nature. All the news stories you see are political.

What makes it different, un-partial if you will, is that it breaks down the articles for you. Telling you in what direction the article is spun, or if it's not spun at all. It even tells you how "educated" the writing is.

This makes it easier for the reader to discern what is being said and why. If you don't want to read something that is Republican in nature, you don't have to read the first few paragraphs to figure it out. The editors already did that for you.

It's also good from an educational standpoint. If you so choose, you can read an article with the focus on why something is being reported in the vein that it is. This helps you to better understand the mindset of people who have a different political affiliation than you.

This, a better understanding, in turn leads to a more educated view of the whole picture. Both your standing on an issue and theirs. And this, in my opinion, helps get issues resolved quicker and with more depth. Being un-partial, or at the very least bi-partisan, gives you the whole view of a topic. Not just the scenery from one side of the fence.

I'm not a political animal, I'm married to my job at this point, but many people are. Regardless of what some people might tell you, bi partisanship is virtually non-existent today. This is the reason why Congress can't agree on anything and nothing substantial gets accomplished. Hopefully, this site will take off and will leave a trail of copycats behind it making this train of thought more widely available to more people. And hopefully, this will wake people up to the fact that the current two party system we have is too political in nature to get things accomplished. Hopefully, sites like this will put a more personal spin on everything so we can once again see the real world forest through the political trees.

In short, this site is taking the motto "Deny Ignorance" to a whole new level.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

If people can't do that for themselves I don't think they should be reading the news in the first place.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i went to unpartial to check it out but got a headache trying to navigate the site..
looks like its been done by a bunch of schoolkids, very messy.

i aint going back there

link   

"Unpartial.com" We do the work for you, we add our own spin.

aha. Funny.

I was expecting something...slicker... considering it would "Change every thing"

Where's the UMPH? lol

ETA: Just tried navigating it my self.. bloody awful, major fail, I was at least expecting an awesome media platform, even if i didn't like the content.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

link   
It's not just the 2 party system that is the problem, it's the 2 party media either side buys up to whore out their views to everyone that unpartial.com is trying to rectify. A place where people who think critically and put country first can wade in to the waters of political news and navigate through them with some semblance of order.
I think it's a very patriotic and commendable idea myself.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sodium

If people can't do that for themselves I don't think they should be reading the news in the first place.

I wouldn't be so quick with that. Don't think for a second that the people who write these articles, or more precisely the people who pay other people to write these articles (I'm a freelancer BTW, I do things of my own accord) don't put a lot of thought into them. They do. You know how bankers can manipulate numbers to where the common man doesn't know what's really going on? The same thing happens with big time political writers.

The education level of the average American today has gone down. The people in charge of media know this and use it in their favor. They use that lack of understanding most people have, to form sentences, paragraphs and whole articles to sway people to one side of the fence or another without most people even realizing what's going on.

Do you know what the Chicago (GPO) style is? ( I'll give you a hint, facts aren't high on their priority list) If you don't don't be so quick to judge people who can't formulate their own opinions as to why someone writes the way they do, because you're one of them.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

"Unpartial.com" We do the work for you, we add our own spin.

They don't add their own spin. They tell you what the spin is. There's a difference. If you don't believe me ask Copyscape.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

So ,my question is where is the real truth?
Where are the fact finders?

Thank you Taupin Desciple for open that door I have ignored for years.

edit on 30-8-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
It's not just the 2 party system that is the problem, it's the 2 party media either side buys up to whore out their views to everyone that unpartial.com is trying to rectify. A place where people who think critically and put country first can wade in to the waters of political news and navigate through them with some semblance of order.
I think it's a very patriotic and commendable idea myself.

Thank you.

And here's a suggestion, ( This one's free ) Get another section on that site up and running that explains to people how the manipulation of words can sway opinion. This will give people a better understanding of how to see a biased article for themselves. This won't defeat the purpose of the site though, it will actually help people read into things better.

Personally, I do what I do to get positive results to the reader. That, in and of itself, is reward enough for me. Don't ask me why. It doesn't necessarily have to affect personally ( It would be nice though) but I guess I'm old fashioned in the sense that doing good for the sake of it is it's own reward.

What do you kids call it these days? Paying it forward?

And that's how I see Unpartial.com

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

So ,my question is where is the real truth?

The real truth is in the fact that the site gives you the opportunity to see articles for what they really are. From there, you can make a more informed decision as to whether you agree with what is written. I guess you could say that it's helping you think for yourself in ways that you didn't before. That's it's shining a light on something that you didn't even know was in darkness to begin with.

Where are the fact finders?

In your brain my friend.......in your brain. Something like that is entirely up to the individual reader.

Thank you Taupin Desciple for open that door I have ignored for years.

Um..........you're welcome? What door would that be exactly?

PM me if you have to.

edit on 30-8-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Politics.I have totally ignored it to a certain degree.
I have been "in" the mix before and seen it in action,then turned a blind eye in disgust.
I have been to political socials with senators and such.
Like private parties.
That was long ago.
Thats when Strom Thurmond was around,jeez he was old.
And,yes,I'm originally from South Carolina.
I got out of the loop and led a normal life,sort of.
Lots of money being tossed around for favors.
Back then it was free food and booze.Lots of it.
It still is today.

So,now I have finally awaken to what is really going on.
I blame myself for ignoring it.
I just checked out,you know what I mean.

Sooner or later ,it catches up with you.

edit on 31-8-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
sounds like some serious potential! i like to give new sites sum time to frament* before investing time but i will check it fo should

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I hear ya.

Politics never really interested me though aside from the fact that I always saw it as something that needs to be changed. Sites like that should help if enough people want the change.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Yea, but if THEY tell us the "spin"... Isnkt that just another interpritation, and yet another "spin"?

Aha.

Never mind, I only wanted to see what the fuss was about.... All over nothing apparently XD

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ok either SO is taking this critique super-serially, or it's already down.

I only see the first page which has been available for at least three weeks. The only active link is for liking them on facebook.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What I'm trying to figure out is if there is any user comment or contribution to it at all,or is it just read only.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I've looked around there some today. From what I can tell its read only.

What I'd like to know is there any over-all stats produced / available from its analysis?

The reason I'm asking is that gives the supposed bias or slant of the articles it covers. So, it would be great if it had some kind of stats that could help settle the great "bias in the MSM" argument.

top topics

join