It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race takes center stage - Was there any doubt this would happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I wasn’t sure how many of you caught this interview last night but it will be a classic. Regardless what you think about Newt, you must admit that he took Mathews to school in this video. It never ceases to amaze me how liberals in this country throw the racism charge around so freely. At this point it has really lost its sting because the term has been so blatantly misused.

It’s funny how every little statement or action by republicans is twisted into some racial connotation. Here is another recent example of false flag racism.

In response to Mitt Romney’s lame joke about not needing a birth certificate to prove he was from Michigan, Dyson proclaimed, to the approval of a collection of sage pundits on MSNBC, that Romney was resorting to “some of the basest, most despicable bigotry we can imagine.”

MSNBC host Alex Wagner seemed to feel the same way, describing Romney’s comment as “scraping the very bottom of this sort of racist other-ist narrative.”

Just to recap, here’s what Romney said of himself and his wife: “No one’s ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised.”
Article

Mark my words, during next week’s DNC convention one of the main topics will be the supposed racism and sexism of the right. So much for a post racial POTUS. IMO they will reach an all time low in American politics.

Would anyone care to explain how calling the POTUS the “food stamp President” is racist when in fact the number of people of ALL COLORS on food stamps has increased under his watch?

Would anyone care to explain how Romney making a joke about Obama’s birth certificate is racist? Are minorities the only Americans issued a birth certificate??

Does anyone doubt the issue of race will be brought up time and again by Obama and his party from now until January?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Would anyone care to explain how Romney making a joke about Obama’s birth certificate is racist? Are minorities the only Americans issued a birth certificate??

Romney's joke was racist because the entire birth certificate conspiracy was rooted in racism. Deny it, claim I'm playing the race card, whatever. I don't even care anymore. The entire world could see the birther conspiracy for what it was.

Does anyone doubt the issue of race will be brought up time and again by Obama and his party from now until January?

Funny, the people I see bringing up race the most are on the other side of the aisle.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Romney's joke was racist because the entire birth certificate conspiracy was rooted in racism. Deny it, claim I'm playing the race card, whatever. I don't even care anymore. The entire world could see the birther conspiracy for what it was.

So the fact that it took 2+ years to even get a certificate of live birth from a man that was suspected of being listed as a foreign exchange student at Columbia is racist?? Just like asking all Americans to show an ID before they vote??

Watch out…you’re stretching that so far it might snap!!

Funny, the people I see bringing up race the most are on the other side of the aisle.

You must have your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears.

Selective hearing?

I just posted two examples….would you like more?

How about this garbage....fearmongering and racism rolled into one.

edit on 29-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Would anyone care to explain how calling the POTUS the “food stamp President” is racist

"So I'm prepared, if the NAACP invites me, I'll go to their convention and talk about why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps," Newt Gingrich said at a townhall event in Plymouth, N.H. today.

Source

If I said, "Men should court women, not rape them", would that be sexist - or at the very least, a HUGE insult to men?

There was no doubt that race would become central in this campaign. It's been on the table and out in the open since Obama decided to run for president. It started with people's attempts to make him out to be "foreign" and not American, and has gone steadily on from there. I'm sick of hearing about it and I'm sick of people not being able to see how this president has been treated so differently from the others from the start.

Racists don't know they're racist. It's a deep, almost inborn trait of many Americans.

The REASON Obama has been dogged since the beginning of his campaign in 2008 is because he's black. I don't care anymore either.

edit on 8/29/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by seabag

"So I'm prepared, if the NAACP invites me, I'll go to their convention and talk about why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps," Newt Gingrich said at a townhall event in Plymouth, N.H. today.

Source

He was addressing the prospect of talking with the NAACP. Last I checked that was a black organization. You do know there are blacks on food stamps, right?

Newt summed it up best when he said the fact that some automatically equate “food stamps” with blacks itself is racist. He correctly stated that the majority of Americans receiving food stamps ARE WHITE!!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
55 Sec0nds in the vide0 the pe0ple were cheering Newt, he hardballed Chris hardball mathews

Just sh0ws h0w the Hippocrates, Mathews msnbc and the left are running scared because they kn0w their times
running sh0rt. Take that t0 the bank

S AND F 0P S AND F great thread, great clip, great narritive. Thats the b0tt0m line

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wow, Newt is a tool but he's right about this. Is this really what the democratic party wants to be all about? Incredible. Nothing else can be said really.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The race issue does not need the help of the democrats, the republicans are doing just fine by themselves:

TAMPA, Fla. — Security at the Tampa Bay Times Forum ejected two people from the Republican National Convention for making racist remarks to a camera operator, according to a report on CNN.com. Witnesses confirmed that two people tossed nuts at an African-American woman operating a camera for CNN and said, "this is how we feed animals," the report said.

www.nj.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

You don't care anymore but you still harp on the same old dead horse you democrats ride every day.

If Barak had not said long ago that his birthplace was Kenya, no one would be bringing that up. I personally don't care what color the face is in the white house but I do care that they are constitutionally eligible to be there. White, Black, Brown or Red, or mixed race, it just doesn't matter. Only you "people" who have been brain washed about how people like me think would color matter to or think that that's all we cared about.

It's not about race, dummy!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
sorry, double post
edit on 29-8-2012 by dakota1s2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

Just sh0ws h0w the Hippocrates, Mathews msnbc and the left are running scared because they kn0w their times running sh0rt. Take that t0 the bank

I don’t doubt they are running scared but this isn’t a new tactic. I do think they will take it to a new low this year though.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – If Obama was a conservative I’d be his biggest supporter. I could care less what his race is. I love Rubio who is Cuban and I was also a big Cain fan…I love Condi too! I could go on and on.

What I would NEVER do, even if Obama was my candidate, is throw the race card out against anyone as a means of achieving a victory for him. I also will NEVER support any conservative who really does make negative racial comments about Obama. Did you see how quickly the GOP denounced the actions of those two morons at the convention who threw peanuts at a black camera operator?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
the birthers made an argument that obama's father's place of birth was an issue, but they never came after mitt's dad

why ?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the birthers made an argument that obama's father's place of birth was an issue, but they never came after mitt's dad

why ?

Liberals constantly whine about racism, yet have nothing to say about Obama's church and mentor for 20 years, or the fact Obama once claimed "the average white person is racist". You say nothing when the Media and Democrats turn being white in to some kind of evil and use white skin to attack people. Why is your outrage so selective?
edit on 29-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

The race issue does not need the help of the democrats, the republicans are doing just fine by themselves

I wouldn’t be surprised if we find out they were liberal operatives….plants!

So you want to condemn the GOP because two unidentified attendees of the convention acted like fools? What about all this crying I heard about how Occupy was being unfairly criticized because a few hundred people were violent??

There were HUNDREDS of these miscreants in multiple cities destroying property but all I heard was “Those were just a few idiots and they’re not representative of the Occupy movement”. But it’s OK for you to call the GOP racist because of the actions of 2 people and 1 incident??

Nice try!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I was just telling my wife how fun it was to watch Newt during the debates. He is a very intelligent guy and a definite expert at steering a conversation to flip blame around. He's like a black belt in Aikido-linguistics.

I disagree with Newt on just about everything but he has a point about the "welfare=black" argument. My fellow liberals are wrong about this. Society in general confuses socio-economics with ethnicity and it's one of the reasons racism still exists in America.

I think the general association between right-wing and racism is well earned but I don't believe that disliking welfare should always be equated to racism. Selfishness, maybe, but not racism.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I think the general association between right-wing and racism is well earned but I don't believe that disliking welfare should always be equated to racism. Selfishness, maybe, but not racism.

This is because you're selective about what you call racism and you've bought in to the MSM narrative.. For example, you wont call left wing groups racist that clearly are such as the black caucus, the black panthers, Black liberation theology and La Raza (which works very closely with Democrats). Basically, you think racism = white Republicans.
edit on 29-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

why ?

Because Mitt was born in Michigan and was never listed as a foreign exchange student!!

I’m positive that he will GLADLY provide his birth cert if you ask him….why don’t you ask him to show it? Do you not want to come across as racist?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Matthews is a moron. Why he still has a job doing what he does is beyond me. Speech such as this only makes matter worse and turns man against man.
Why doesnt he talk about the real important issues that needs to be addressed such as the debt- the deficit-the jobs-the wars-the spending-ect ect....

Why does he always have to sit there trying to paint people?

He calls people racist- yet I think he may be the biggest one. Always using it as a platform-always equating food stamps with blacks-always equating people who dislike Obamas policies as racists. Its very dangerous talk- and MSNBC should fire him for constantly enciting hatred.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Because Mitt was born in Michigan and was never listed as a foreign exchange student!!

I’m positive that he will GLADLY provide his birth cert if you ask him….why don’t you ask him to show it? Do you not want to come across as racist?

Have you seen the birth certificate? If the man won't even release his tax returns, I doubt he will release his birth certificate. Frankly, until he posts it on the internet, I simply can't trust that he is a American citizen.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

So you want to condemn the GOP because two unidentified attendees of the convention acted like fools? What about all this crying I heard about how Occupy was being unfairly criticized because a few hundred people were violent??

There were HUNDREDS of these miscreants in multiple cities destroying property but all I heard was “Those were just a few idiots and they’re not representative of the Occupy movement”. But it’s OK for you to call the GOP racist because of the actions of 2 people and 1 incident??

It's the same with Akin's 'legitimate rape' comment. There were several rapes at OWS and NONE at the Tea Party rallies....yet liberals claim that the right-wing is anti-woman and doesn't take rape seriously over the poor-choice words of one individual. Liberals expect conservatives to apologize and be ashamed over every little gaff, no matter how trivial, made by one of their members, yet don't even acknowledge the horrid individuals on their side. Conservatives are also to blame for this double standard, because they're the ones that submit to militant liberals and apologize for things they had absolutely nothing to do with.

EDIT: It was so unsafe for women at OWS that there had to be 'women-only' tents established.
edit on 8/29/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join