It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Israeli commander suspended in death of Palestinian girl

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
g_scard, anyone who says that she deserved to die because she shouldve known their reaction would be bad is an idiot. however, trust me she didnt think they were an authority who would protect here. she was 13, not 3. by 13 the palestinian children are VERY familiar with israeli soldiers and would not run to them for protection.

Really beside the point why she ran to them, unless there is evidence to sustain the proposition that she ran to them to cause them harm. If there were such evidence, this discussion would be appropriately restricted to the surreal position that the difference between killing a little girl and killing her with too many bullets is a matter that requires serious attention. The fact is that killing a little 13 year old girl who has not committed an act of war or military aggression is a barbaric, heinous, vile and inexcusable act of brutality and excusing it is not in keeping with any value system worth keeping with (i do appologize for not excusing Israel in this instance).

[edit on 14-10-2004 by G_Scard]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I must have missed the part where people excused anything. I think what was discussed was the disgraceful conduct by both sides that led to this event occurring. If you considered that "excusing Israel" then you've missed the point. I don't know what else to tell you.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
must have missed each other in the dark

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
this really sickening. both the shooting of innocent and the heartlessness of the unit commander.

In my opinion, this is one of the primary cause of soldier's traumatic experience later in life , when they struggle with guilt for they have witnessed such inhumane act , even if they are not direct perpetrator.

Seeing weak and helpless innocent civilians get murdered either intentionally or by accident will stay forever with you, unless you found closure..

as for the IDF, they should be more sensitive about these issues. i know they are under constant threat by enemies that can use anything or anyone as weapon , but they are heavily armed and out numbering the suspect in this case and why the rush to shoot if there's a chance the girl might be an innocent ? The culture of IDF military mentality should be examined and if necessary they provide psychological conseling / filtering to weed out the obvious maniacs..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
She probably new they would shoot. Had enough of all the misery, But before she departed she showed Israel that she was not afraid of their weapons, RIP.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
this gaza invasion pretty much pointless given that hamas can launch more missiles later , the victim always the civilians living in gaza, pressed both sides by hamas and israeli and no one trying to help them, while both sides. using them as propaganda tool

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join