It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Crap - Isaac is Heading Towards the Growing Sinkhole in LA. Prophet Edgar Cayce - Prophet Isaac

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Things going pretty much as expected here in New Orleans.

The wind and rain are coming in gusts.
All hell will break loose for about 15 minutes and then nothing. Total calm.

The rain comes in sheets and then stops, but everything seems to be fairly usual for a category 1 hurricane.

My mom works in administration for the corps of engineers and she talked to the engineers that rebuilt the levee system after Katrina and they felt like absolutely nothing called for worry.
I live about 20 feet from a canal and it is flowing as expected as well.

More updates later...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hope your friends are coming for a little visit? How can it be this bad and no coverage, evacuations? How far would the evacs have to be?

I just got home to sitting down at the computer so I haven't gotten with my friends outside Baton Rouge. I'll see about that in a bit and definitely pass on anything they may be hearing in local news or events we don't see here.

I have NO idea why they aren't evacuating. Perhaps New Orleans doesn't have enough people left in the old ruins of the city below Sea Level to worry about...or perhaps they are really THAT confident in the repairs and new construction made snce it all fell apart in Katrina. I hope their confidence is well placed.

The first one... Katrina... Could be forgiven for people not having seen something quite like that in a LONG time to think about it properly. This time? Well, if they're wrong....they could find their own citizens marching on City Hall for some regime change at the local level... lol.. I wouldn't blame them either.

For those having 'dimensional challenges' about checking the main headlines from the last 24hrs though..

Issac bears down, but no mandatory evacuations in New Orleans (Pulled that a few mins ago and right before Drudge updated again)

For us up here... I'd give them a BIG cookie if they could decide what this is doing. Less than 12 hours ago I'd posted a track showing it in to Texas and that direction. NOW..?

That looks like it'll cross over West Plains? Maybe Branson? A tropical Depression....but whoever has been doing rain dances is about to be rewarded.

(checks the bass boat for leaks and cleans it off)

edit on 28-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I have NO idea why they aren't evacuating. Perhaps New Orleans doesn't have enough people left in the old ruins of the city below Sea Level to worry about...or perhaps they are really THAT confident in the repairs and new construction made snce it all fell apart in Katrina. I hope their confidence is well placed.

I am in a unique position Wrabbit2000.

Not only am I a resident of New Orleans (MidCity about 1-2 miles from the French Quarter), but I work in the Quarter and my mother is an administrator for the corps of engineers.
She works for the Savannah district of the corps, which is the very same district that rebuilt the levees.

Yesterday we were deciding whether to evacuate or not, and she talked to the engineers and checked out the elevation of my apartment relative to the rest of the city, and they felt as if no one had a thing to worry about.
The corps not only fortified the levees to withstand the surge from a category 3 hurricane, but they raised the levees by 5 feet.
Now, I will say that the corps wanted to fortify them further, but not enough money was allocated for the project.

This is what my mother does. She works directly with the monies to allocate the funding to the proper channels.

The problem initially was that the levees were in need of repair and had originally been underbuilt.

Plus the pump station was not manned when the storm surge hit and this caused a back up to occur where the pumps failed.
This is no longer the case.
I will say that all hell is breaking loose right not, but I am still able to type.
I am still online and you are able to get my updates.

The events of Katrina scarred the nation's psyche, but that does not mean that we should let fear control our every decision.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
I've lived in New Orleans for 25 years. We rode out Katrina at our home in the french quarter and stayed throughout the aftermath.
I just wanted to add this weather link to the mix, an excellent radar loop that I am keeping an eye on.

www.intellicast.com...[/url]
edit on 26-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

Updating my radar link, for some reason the page switched to Pacific view. Back to Isaac;
www.intellicast.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyviecaldges

Not only am I a resident of New Orleans (MidCity about 1-2 miles from the French Quarter), but I work in the Quarter and my mother is an administrator for the corps of engineers.
She works for the Savannah district of the corps, which is the very same district that rebuilt the levees.

Yesterday we were deciding whether to evacuate or not, and she talked to the engineers and checked out the elevation of my apartment relative to the rest of the city, and they felt as if no one had a thing to worry about.
The corps not only fortified the levees to withstand the surge from a category 3 hurricane, but they raised the levees by 5 feet.
Now, I will say that the corps wanted to fortify them further, but not enough money was allocated for the project.

This is what my mother does. She works directly with the monies to allocate the funding to the proper channels.

The problem initially was that the levees were in need of repair and had originally been underbuilt.

Plus the pump station was not manned when the storm surge hit and this caused a back up to occur where the pumps failed.
This is no longer the case.
I will say that all hell is breaking loose right not, but I am still able to type.
I am still online and you are able to get my updates.

The events of Katrina scarred the nation's psyche, but that does not mean that we should let fear control our every decision.

Cheers.

Thanks Kyvie for the updates. Keep them coming.

Stay Safe

My prayers are with everyone - this is a BIG storm. Look at the latest satellite pics coming in !!

www.nrlmry.navy.mil... 75mb-285N-889W.100pc.jpg&AGE=Latest&ACTIVES=12-EPAC-09E.ILEANA,12-ATL-09L.ISAAC,12-ATL-11L.ELEVEN,12-WPAC-15W.TEMBIN,12-WPAC-16W.BOLAVEN,12-ATL-97L.IN VEST&MO=AUG&YEAR=2012&YR=12&ARCHIVE=active&BASIN=ATL&AREA=pacific/southern_hemisphere&STORM_NAME=09L.ISAAC&STYLE=tables&PROD=vis&TYPE=ssmi&DIR=/SATPRO DUCTS/TC/tc12/ATL/09L.ISAAC/vis/geo/1km_zoom&USE_THIS_DIR=/SATPRODUCTS/TC/tc12/ATL/09L.ISAAC/ssmi/scat&ANIM_TYPE=Instant

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

I am basically right at the intersection of Broad and Canal.

I work across from Harrah's on Convention Center Blvd.
The Quarter is 5 ft. above sea level and uptown is 12 ft. above sea level.

Where I am is right at it or just above.

Here close to downtown the land was raised a bit.
This makes it much more stable for higher ground in this type of scenario than the outlying parishes.

The sustained winds are in the 60 mph range and the gusts are getting up to the 80's.
I would guess higher sometimes.
Stuff flies all over when the gusts really get going, but the canal beside my apt. is low and flowing well.

The power is flickering on and off.
So, if I stop updating at least every half an hour then you know why.
I have a friend that lives on the second story of an apt. building right at N. Carrollton and Broad if I need to go to any higher ground after the surge.
Katrina hit at a cat. 3, but it also hit quickly and dissipated quickly.
I think that this is a bigger storm with a longer duration.

Thanks for the prayers nimbinned.

More later...
edit on 28/8/2012 by kyviecaldges because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

I rode out Katrina in the quarter but decided to hang out uptown for this one. Lights on and off over the last few hours.

I don't know if this is bigger than Katrina or not but we may see more wind damage here because of it's path.

Good luck to you. If It's anything like 7 years ago, and everything goes to hell, we will be in the vicinity of Molly's on Decatur. We know a guy.

Let us know if you need anything. If we can help we will.

edit on 28-8-2012 by tanda7 because: grammer

edit on 28-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I am getting power outage reports from friends in the city.

I am going to lay low for a bit.

I will be back online as soon as this passes.
If anything of consequence happens from now til then...
then I will update on my phone.

I got some leaks that I have to take care of.
The rain is coming down in sheets and very hard.
I think that the eye is about to pass either over or near currently.

The gusts are frequent and the sustained wind and rain is non stop, thus the word sustained.
It's pretty much how you would imagine a hurricane would be.
Hopefully this is the worst of it.

More later...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Cheers.

MANY thanks to your reply and may a bucket of stars come to you. It's actually meaningful to hear from someone with direct and personal knowledge of this and not just finding news coverage that others may have not seen yet.

What you're saying makes sense and I'd hoped that politicians being politicians hadn't short changed the jobs and gone half way like so much seems to be these days. Given then stakes, I'm awfully glad to hear what you're saying

News reports say it JUST made landfall so my best wishes to you and everyone down there.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I am getting power outage reports from friends in the city.

I am going to lay low for a bit.

I will be back online as soon as this passes.
If anything of consequence happens from now til then...
then I will update on my phone.

I got some leaks that I have to take care of.
The rain is coming down in sheets and very hard.
I think that the eye is about to pass either over or near currently.

The gusts are frequent and the sustained wind and rain is non stop, thus the word sustained.
It's pretty much how you would imagine a hurricane would be.
Hopefully this is the worst of it.

More later...

Thanks Kyvie. Looks to be moving more westerly now so hopefull you won't get the eye. Here's Hoping

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Southeast of Houma, which is Southwest of New Orleans. This thing is grinding the coast a little.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
Southeast of Houma, which is Southwest of New Orleans. This thing is grinding the coast a little.

It just seems to be sitting still now and churning. This is NOT good.

Heavy rainfall for at least 36 hours is predicted

Check the radars here

www.tropicwx.com...

It would be hard to think that this will not have any affect on the sinkhole in Bayou Corne.

Also I can't help but worry about all that corexit and oil deposits that's going to be flung out of the gulf !

This is a horrible outcome for everyone living in the region.

Peace to You All - May God Protect You and give You Strength.

* Ned

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It's going to be a direct hit according to this article. Could be beating it up a little but still ??

.Breaking News: Eye of Hurricane Isaac aims for sinkhole

www.examiner.com...

* Ned

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Not "hard to think" at all. this isn't our first rodeo with exposed oil wells of any sort and water. Which is why I brought up the whirlpool. I think it COULD get bad, just not as bad as it's portrayed here. If everything was washed away " south of the explosion", I'd not have a home. So believe me, I've got to pay attention to this.

And yes, this sitting crap sucks.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Since the event, houses have been damaged and some residents have reported experiencing what appears to be signs of chemical poisoning.

That is very scary. I hope this doesn't spread over a lot of people considering without the hurricane weather to spread it, it was already affecting people close by...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
read on the news this morning 343,000 without power and a section of a levee has collapsed, hope everyone is ok through this.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The parish president say they are downplaying the hurricane
he said that it doesnt feel at all a Cat 1 but much higher

I think i understand now how the elites work
remember the disaster Katrina how many looters and violent clashes happened
who where the looters in reality ? some hire merc ?
so people next hurricane will not be fooled to go away from their houses
because apparently many houses had vandalism and looting while they were seeking shelter

its a subliminal though .. a old mind trick
this time they want people to stay at their home
and they made sure by downplaying this monster Isaac to look like its no big deal
this storm will make twice the amount of flooding water that katrina made
i dont trust the levee to .. they look like crap and designed to help make a big flood
maybe they are riggued to fail .. who build them again ?

this storm is controlled .. it is staying still to do the maximum damage and flooding
and its the exact same date Katrina touch down 7 yrs ago
the number 7 have big significance for the elites .. like the 7 day God create earth
the 7 day of the week etc

coincidence like that and such perfect timing for the RNC convention
and this huge toxic sink hole directly where the storm will pass .. the land is extremely dry
the flood will certainly colapse the fragile sinkhole
it will then create a huge explosion and the accumulated water will then travel like a tsunami
and flood massive area of Tampa where all the Ron Paul delegates are ..
each and everyone of them know exactly that the official refuse and censor the real count ..
i think the elites wants them kill in a false flag "natural" chain reaction disaster
they are all in the same place .. wonder why they delayed the convention by 1 day
Ron Paul said he was even scared to go at the convention ..
but he still had hope to pass his message and showed up because its the right thing to do

Its going Hot indeed like the DHS informant said
edit on 8/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
They say now that 500 000 have no electricity
with the humide temperature .. its going to be a nightmare for them

hope most home have big reserve of water and foods

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
From what the news shows, Isaac seems like a Catagory 3 hurricane than a Catagory 1 .-.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just woke up, brought up the satellite images and what do I see

Eye of Isaac on top of Assumption and will be for the next 4 hours.

Scary times ahead me thinks.

Hope everyone is safe in NO

Much Love to All

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join