It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite beer??? ;-p

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
"normal" beer I prefer: Hertog Jan [link] and Jupiler [link]

some recommendations:

All time favorite:

Karmeliet Triple

Beware, the next one is a facekicker if you don't watch out

Kasteel Bruin

Pauwel Kwak

La Chouffe

Gulden Draak (Dark Triple)

If you can get your hands on one of the above I would highly recommend them!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It's a bit of a stretch but a fun watch:

How beer saved the world

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I figure I'll support the local brewery on this one. Lost Rhino Icebreaker. It's an East Coast style Imperial IPA.

This brew is a tribute to all who brave the amazing "First Runs" of the white water season. The higher water levels of spring thaw bring added excitement to early season river rafting. The resulting holes, waves, and rapids make for the most intense adventure. The biggest whitewater of the season is featured in Early Spring, making the opening whitewater weekend a thrilling ride to all who seek adventure. So for all those who seek a brew that fuses the powerful malt and hop flavors of this brew with the fierce white water surges of the river, you found it!

With double the malt and triple the hops, this ale, with its powerful flavor and rich color, soars over a standard IPA. Columbus and Amarillo hops provide the intense bitterness and aroma. Pale and Crystal malts contribute sweetness to the Citrusy hop attack. Drink with Caution!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Dales Pale Ale
edit on 23-8-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: K

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
the cold kind!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I like Lapin Kulta from Finland, most German beers are ok too.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Guinness, Guinness and more Guinness, Oh and micro brewery Chocolate Stout, pudding in a glass I tells you. Good life giving stout has the power to warp time. One minute you think it's 7pm the next they are calling time and you realise you've managed to pack 12 pints away in a corset.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Guiness - the real thing from Ireland, not that inferior Canadian stuff, and their Dark Lager is the only Lager I'll drink

Warsteiner Dunkel

Arrogant Bastard Ale - "You're Not Worthy" is their tagline

and lest I forget: anything by my home-town brewery, Boulevard Brewery

...and whatever else you do, stay away from Newcastle Brown Ale [dons asbestos suit]
edit on 23-8-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

If you get the chance to try some Aussie labels, get on the Carlton Draught or maybe even XXXX. I have tried the Bud they sell here and it's a very nice drop.. Another top shelf beer is Crown Lager.
edit on 23-8-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Guinness, Guinness and more Guinness, Oh and micro brewery Chocolate Stout, pudding in a glass I tells you. Good life giving stout has the power to warp time. One minute you think it's 7pm the next they are calling time and you realise you've managed to pack 12 pints away in a corset.

A local pub here used to have a Gunness competition. 100 pints and you won a T-Shirt during the year. It was funny watching Aussies struggle to get the stuff down but most of them won themselves a shirt though.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Good job my local doesn't do it, else I'd have a wardrobe full of the buggers. It's bad enough hunting for something to wear when your clobber is predominantly black as it is.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Anything from St. Louis other than what comes out of that big brewery downtown.

That about covers it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Sierra Nevada or hop devil.. depending on how "hoppy" i'm feeling..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This thread makes me thirsty. Time for a depot run.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Spaten, I like the Holiday Bock a lot and Optimater.

On the lighter side, I like Pschorrbrau.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
F that! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!
lol, jk.

I like damn near all beer. Dark, amber, light, you name it, I just don't like the real real bitter ones.
I think my favorite over the years have been Killians Red, the Shiner family of beers and pretty much anything that comes out of their brewery, Guinness, Hoegaarden, Shocktop, Fat Tire, Ziegenbock,and damn so many more I honestly would be here quite a while. There are some that I've tried at bars that I love but never remember the name.

Out of the lighter beers in this order - TECATE (love tecate with lime), Corona, Dos X, Modelo, Miller, Budlite (i guess), Coors.

Out of the cheap stuff in this order - Miller Genuine Draft, Miller High Life (lol), that's it i guess, it's all nasty but on a "all I have is $3 day" sure I'll buy a cheap buzz.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

"all I have is $3 day"

Thanks for the laugh. Enjoyed the hell out of that line.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A cold one!

Blue moon is pretty good.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join