It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Head, Texas Judge: Obama Reelection Could Lead To 'Civil War,' I'm Ready To 'Take Up Arms'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by yadda333
I remember last year Rick Perry prayed for rain and suggested all Texans do the same. When no rain came, he asked the Federal Government for funding to fight the wild fires due to drought conditions.

That was a legitimate request considering all the wildfires in various states. Once a wildfire spreads, it can cause tremendous damage to both lives and property, to the earth and everything. What is wrong with praying for rain? Oh that's right, seculars think that is simply ridiculous. You seculars don't pray for anything do you? You believe that man alone can do everything and is responsible for everything. Yet, somehow you won't take responsibility for the putrid thoughts which flood the world everywhere. Thoughts are things. Did you know that? Through the Will, they can precipitate into the physical. Why do you think that people make Treasure Maps? Hurricanes are an element of nature, but the elements often outpicture the swirl of ugly human thought.
God said Let there be LIGHT and there was LIGHT.

www.metaphysics-for-life.com...

www.esoteric-philosophy.net...

That's just a post full of rambling nonsense.

Rick Perry talked about seceding from the union and then turned around and asked the Federal Government for a handout.
edit on 8/23/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I bet he was a Ron Paul fan..
.. We all know how intelligent those kids were./sarcasm

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I think we would do just fine, ma'am. Texas cranks out the most oil of any state in the union...

Texas also consumes the most oil out of any State:
www.buzzfeed.com...

1.13 billion barrels annually, that's over 3 million barrels a day, out of a total of 18.5 million barrels in the U.S. They produce around 970,000 barrels a day. The second state by consumption, California, takes in 132 million barrels yearly. They produce far less than what they consume and demand in oil, they take up a good 16% of consumption in this country, with 8% of the population.

Given that American oil corporations have quadrupled their exports in American domestic oil over the years (including Texas), despite the multi-billion dollar subsidy they receive annually, I do not think Texas will be self sufficient by a long shot when it comes to energy.

Personally, I think Texas would do very well,

Why wouldn't you think that? Plenty of people siding with Texas would have to say this, it's not unusual. Texas would not survive any long than 10 years in my opinion. When they were a sovereign nation for a mere 10 years it didn't take them long for them to scrap among themselves before joining the Union. Nevertheless, if Texas can successfully break away from the Union, more power to them. I think it works out either way, Texas could end up being our dumping ground.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Now I know that a lot of people here on ATS share this Judge's conspiracy theory that the UN is going to take over the country...but that is ATS...not the real world of people in leadership positions.

Why is this idea so far-fetched?
Is the UN not a rough-draft of global government? Is this not apparent?

Tell me, which has been the trend, historically - the consolidation of power, or the dispersion of it?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Nothing wrong with talking about secession as long as the Federal Govt is being tyrannical. Texas is a big oil state.
If it was a liberal you would never say a word about requests for govt assistance in a wildfire situation. As long as the Fed is going to leech off the states, the States do what they have to do to survive. Take California for example. I bet you'd have no problem whatever bailing out California. But California wants the Dream Act for it's huge illegal population. I bet you'd have no problem with that. California won't secede but they do need to get their act together. But hey, maybe California can secede and survive off it's pot cottage industry. They could make hemp clothing and rope and all sorts of stuff. Who knows, maybe there will be civil war as the illegals want to take the Southwest back.
So for any southern state to secede could cause a lot of problems, including a need for militia if there is fighting. But it would sure throw a monkey wrench into the NAU plans they have.
Oh wait, are you for the NAU?
edit on 23-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I think we would do just fine, ma'am. Texas cranks out the most oil of any state in the union...

Texas also consumes the most oil out of any State:
www.buzzfeed.com...

1.13 billion barrels annually, that's over 3 million barrels a day, out of a total of 18.5 million barrels in the U.S. They produce around 970,000 barrels a day. The second state by consumption, California, takes in 132 million barrels yearly. They produce far less than what they consume and demand in oil, they take up a good 16% of consumption in this country, with 8% of the population.

Given that American oil corporations have quadrupled their exports in American domestic oil over the years (including Texas), despite the multi-billion dollar subsidy they receive annually, I do not think Texas will be self sufficient by a long shot when it comes to energy.

Personally, I think Texas would do very well,

Why wouldn't you think that? Plenty of people siding with Texas would have to say this, it's not unusual. Texas would not survive any long than 10 years in my opinion. When they were a sovereign nation for a mere 10 years it didn't take them long for them to scrap among themselves before joining the Union. Nevertheless, if Texas can successfully break away from the Union, more power to them. I think it works out either way, Texas could end up being our dumping ground.

You are a -----------------------------------. So many American's have a hard-on for the 'good-ole' USA but it is going to sh!t and your name Southern Guardian? Texas is part of the South and you want to make it a landfill? How wasteful can you and your people be?
edit on 23-8-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They found out during the code orange, code red, and code blue, brown, and pink,that the masses are easily controlled by fear.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm
...but what did Romney say that was really all that bad? Or out of touch?

I hate to have to try and educate a grown up, but you asked the question, so I oblige.

There are many instances, but let's take this one -- Romney's healthcare plan. You can easily do a ton of research, but the Wiki article sums it up, for starters.

It's not clear if Romney's initiative has worked as expected. But in my view his intentions were reasonable and honorable to a large degree. You can brand me anything you want but I consider any society that doesn't give adequate care to its infirm, a backward oriented, deplorable and pathetic pit of shame. If it sounds a lot like the United States, it's not my fault.

So Romney took action, kudos to him. And here comes the interesting part, which is Romney did NOT miss the chance to expose himself as an opportunist, basically reneging on his pretty impressive record in this area and bashing Obama on "Obamacare", which is a carbon copy of his own project.

One question... Can you spell "integrity"? No problem, use the spell check, F7. In any case, despite the spells of honesty and moral rigor, Romney strikes me as a dangerous snake who would sell his grandma down the river. Bain Capital? Romney being declared "persona non grata" in Italy? Is it the same Italy that has mafia and Berluscony? Romney too shady for Italy, because he stashed away his money in Luxembourg and didn't pay the tax? Is that the person you want to be your leader?

edit on 23-8-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It's nonsense to any one who is secular who does not study metaphysics. Not my problem, but at least one person got it apparently.

I understand that you might not put any credence to the idea herein, but I have yet planted the seed, and it will sprout some day. You can thank me later.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It's nonsense to any one who is secular who does not study metaphysics. Not my problem, but at least one person got it apparently.

Wait.

Did you link to this tripe?

Thoughts are the DNA of the Universe.

There is an infinite variety of thought available to the Mind. However, thinking alone, like the lines of a blueprint on paper, cannot build anything.

Belief is thinking that is given meaning and direction by the Mind using the power of emotion. It is this energy and the resulting vibrational signals that activate the thought and causes physical manifestation and life experience to take place.

Fantastic! I enjoy every moment of it!

"Vibrational". That explains everything, doesn't it?

Wow. Clever.

Not.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth
Texas is part of the South and you want to make it a landfill?e

I don't think we'll make Texas a landfill, I just believe it will naturally become our dumping ground given it's geographic location between us and Mexico, given the freedoms it's corporations will be afforded, given it's inevitable reliance on us regardless. You can take that however you want.

How wasteful can you and your people be?

The funny thing is, you really think people like this judge are saying these things because they believe in some oath. Where were they during the Bush administration? Where will they be if there is to be a Romney administration? Will they still be saying these things? Do you think Mr Head would have said this if McCain was president? Do you think the Tea Parties would have become a nationwide conservative movement with Palin and McCain in the whitehouse? I'd like you to picture the judge acting the same way in those cases, it won't be easy for you because you know this is about the "D" next to the name, not some constitutional "oath".

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yes, I did, and I suppose you know all the secrets of the Universe yourself? If you have anything to do with Buddhism, you would know that buddhists know they must control their thought. If you don't, it's time to study a bit more.
May I heartily recommend this book

books.google.com...

But until such time as you pick up that book and read, here is a simple truth I spent 5 minutes googling

Buddhism teaches mindfulness. Being mindful of ourselves is part of that. When an unpleasant emotion or thought arises, do not suppress it, run away from it, or deny it. Instead, observe it and fully acknowledge it. Being deeply honest with yourself about yourself is essential to Buddhism.[
It’s important to understand that anger is something created by yourself. It didn’t come swooping out of the ether to infect you. We tend to think that anger is caused by something outside ourselves, such as other people or frustrating events. But my first Zen teacher used to say, “No one makes you angry. You make yourself angry.”
Buddhism teaches us that anger is created by mind.

However, when you are dealing with your own anger, you should be more specific. Anger challenges us to look deeply into ourselves. Most of the time, anger is self-defensive. It arises from unresolved fears or when our ego-buttons are pushed.
/ex]
buddhism.about.com...

The Rewards of Meditation
1) Clarity of mind by eliminating bothersome and useless thoughts.

A common phrase in Buddhism is 'monkey mind'. This is where you have lost control of your thoughts. As a result you can be over emotional and over reactive to many situations in life. In fact, the vast majority of these situations you don’t even need to over react to.

www.noble-buddhism-beliefs.com...
Namaste

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Texas is a big oil state.

They're also a big oil consumer as I demonstrated earlier. They produce around 10% of American's total oil production, they consume 16% of America's total consumption (more than double that of California in second place) and they make up 8% of the population. What's more, Texas oil corporations have more than doubled their exports of domestic oil abroad, you think they'll change their minds for the sake of Texan nationalism?

Texas is not energy independent, they can't be given how the state operates and how their residents choose to live.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

It's nonsense to any one who is secular who does not study metaphysics.

Please do not contaminate the actual philosophy of metaphysics by pretending your rambling pseudo spiritual/scientific/philosophic new age bull crap has anything to do with the actual study of metaphysics.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Yes, I did, and I suppose you know all the secrets of the Universe yourself?

Of course not. Not all, but I can bet my house I know more secrets than you, because I'm a scientist and you are not.

If you have anything to do with Buddhism, you would know that buddhists know they must control their thought.

What ignorance... To start with, there is no thought.

Buddhism teaches mindfulness.

...which has the ability to think as its prerequisite. And something like

Thoughts are the DNA of the Universe

is the typical New Age piece of cr@p, unworthy to be linked to by anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

edit on 23-8-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Texas is a big oil state.

They're also a big oil consumer as I demonstrated earlier. They produce around 10% of American's total oil production, they consume 16% of America's total consumption (more than double that of California in second place) and they make up 8% of the population. What's more, Texas oil corporations have more than doubled their exports of domestic oil abroad, you think they'll change their minds for the sake of Texan nationalism?

Texas is not energy independent, they can't be given how the state operates and how their residents choose to live.

Well, maybe not, but if Texas did secede, what would be possibility that they would have to. ? Or maybe they wouldn't have to be taxed to death by the govt and the cost of gasoline would go down in that State.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Of course not. Not all, but I can bet my house I know more secrets than you, because I'm a scientist and you are not.

Well, good for you. Don't let your scientific mind get in the way of your understanding. You might want to give your ego a thorough cleansing as well. As a Buddhist you know what to do.

What do you think is the reason for chanting the seed syllables? Do you think it is just for fun? Or to just clear the mind? Just a useless ritual?
If you think that you understand this, by all means give me an alternate view instead of spewing hate.

Mantras are “words of power”. The word “mantra” is Sanskrit and may be translated as the “thoughts that liberate from samsara (the world of illusions)”. Mantras are listened to or recited by a practitioner for many different purposes; as a means of achieving different states of consciousness, to create resonance with specific attributes of divine energy, and to manifest different qualities, from resonating the chakras to embodying compassion.

Of all the sacred sounds on this planet, the one that is most often chanted is the “OM”. Undoubtedly, at any given moment, there is someone, somewhere chanting this sacred mantra. The “OM ” is considered one of the oldest vocal sounds in existence—many speculate that it has been chanted for untold thousands of years. It is considered to be the original, primordial sound—the mantra of creation.

OM is a mantra from the Hindu tradition. OM is a Sanskrit word, which is said to be the original primordial creative sound from which the universe and all of creation first manifested. While pronounced “OM”, certain Sanskrit scholars state that it is written as “AUM”. Many consider the two words to be interchangeable because of this. OM is said to be the sound that contains all sounds--it is the totality of all other sounds. Swami Sivananda Radha says, “The cosmic sound AUM, or its condensed form, OM, is the origin of all other sound. OM is everything. It is the name of God.”

www.healingsounds.com...
If you have a problem with traditional buddhist thought and teaching then what are you doing with such an avatar? Just a question, no need to be mean and rude in your responses.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

It's nonsense to any one who is secular who does not study metaphysics.

Please do not contaminate the actual philosophy of metaphysics by pretending your rambling pseudo spiritual/scientific/philosophic new age bull crap has anything to do with the actual study of metaphysics.

As you will...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth
Texas is part of the South and you want to make it a landfill?e

I don't think we'll make Texas a landfill, I just believe it will naturally become our dumping ground given it's geographic location between us and Mexico, given the freedoms it's corporations will be afforded, given it's inevitable reliance on us regardless. You can take that however you want.

How wasteful can you and your people be?

The funny thing is, you really think people like this judge are saying these things because they believe in some oath. Where were they during the Bush administration? Where will they be if there is to be a Romney administration? Will they still be saying these things? Do you think Mr Head would have said this if McCain was president? Do you think the Tea Parties would have become a nationwide conservative movement with Palin and McCain in the whitehouse? I'd like you to picture the judge acting the same way in those cases, it won't be easy for you because you know this is about the "D" next to the name, not some constitutional "oath".

First off I haven't said anything about the judge, so don't put words in my mouth sir/ma'am. As I stated earlier I have always wanted Texas to seceded way before this thread was started or hearing about it on some backwater site. Second, it is hard to say how we'd be acting if McCain was POTUS, I don't have the ability neither to change the outcome of 'reality' nor the ability to peek into an alternative universe where your stated outcomes are the 'reality'. So for me to pretend that life is all Unicorns, bunnies and I eat rainbow sherbet straight from the tear ducts of angels, is not to hard. But that's not 'reality' now is it? So your, "what if this" and "can you imagine that" are not a valid argument.
edit on 23-8-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
To be fair, both the choices they've given us this election suck... We are screwed with 4 more years of Obama and we are screwed with 4-8 more years on Romney...

So what it comes down to is who will do the least amount of damage to our country next term???

Politcs in this Nation suck, our Presedential choices are typically duds who do more wrong then good, and our Congress is just as corrupted and they dont have to worry about term limits...

Lets try to get a movement to end no term limits.. House and Senate both should have 2 term max in office, then they're done...

Time to take our country back from these crooks/jackasses

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join